Avid Juicy Ultimate ??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Avid Juicy Ultimate ??

I have a 08 Scalpel Team Replica (equipped with the Ultimates).

My question is there is a (screw/ bolt ) inside the brake lever that has popped out (both sides) so my brake lever would often pop out causing my brakes to completely go out of service..Very dangerous base on my experience yesterday .

Will a local Cannondale dealer warranty this as I have only about 300+ miles on my Scalpel, problem is the shop I bought it from is 400 miles away..

If not what are those bolts/ screws that keeps the CF brake levers from popping, I may need to find one from a lbs.

tia
    Last edited by spartan23; 02-02-2009 at 12:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I can't find tech docs for the lever but I assume it's the reach adjust screw and it needs to be put back in... any LBS should be able to get one and should do it free since it's just a screw...
    Quote Originally Posted by sickspeed16
    Your not all mountain unless your runnin' crushed dew cans..
    '12 Scalpel 29er Carbon 1
    '13 SuperSix EVO Red Racing

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Its the left black shaft (looks like a black button from this picture) that drops/ slips down.

There must be something inside the carbon lever that holds it in place .

I had to wrap it with electrical tape to keep it in place.

tia

Barnett Certified
    There is a small torx grub screw on that pin that holds it in place, it sounds like it backed out. It looks to be the same size as the hose needle, so the tool that comes with the bleed kit should have it.

If the screw is still in there, your LBS should be able to fix it quick.

May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BMXspears
    There is a small torx grub screw on that pin that holds it in place, it sounds like it backed out. It looks to be the same size as the hose needle, so the tool that comes with the bleed kit should have it.

If the screw is still in there, your LBS should be able to fix it quick.
    Good idea to put permanent red threadlock on those little allen screws. If you ride choppy stuff alot it will happen again. The little dab of blue threadlock stock from avid does not do the trick in most cases. I have seen this first hand on two sets of juicy carbons... I decided to nut and bolt it, dont need that happening in a race.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    thanks for the replies guys. I'll bring it over to my LBS and see if they have those torx grub screw.

I may need to "nut and bolt" as it popped loose when I was on a technical trail.

thanx again for the tips

Members who have read this thread: 0