mtbr member
    May 2004

Anyone with a Black Rush 5?

Can anyone tell me how the Matte(or is it satin) Black Rush 5 looks? Does it scratch or chip easy? Show marks? Does it match the black Fox Fork?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    There is some pics in this thread.

I just picked up a 08 Rush 5z Raw finish... it's sweet looking!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1319190&page=22

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbk66
    Can anyone tell me how the Matte(or is it satin) Black Rush 5 looks? Does it scratch or chip easy? Show marks? Does it match the black Fox Fork?
    All my Cannondales since 1998 have been BBQ black and I've had no issues with durability of the finish.

Ridin' dirty!
    I saw it in the shop yesterday and it was sweet!
    The black looks really nice and I started to imagine how it would look like with all my silver components...
    I don't recall the color of the fox fork though...if I'm not mistaken it was not black, but gun metal/dark silver....
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

Sweater
    Ive had mine for only a month or so now, but have managed to biff quite a few times and the black finish seems to hold up well and not show marks. In fact Im not even sure if I have any marks, while Im sure there must be something nothing stands out. This even after a 20' tumble down an embankment which involved some pretty nice chanring sharkbites and and a bent rim.

Ridin' dirty!
    Well, I guess the fox fork on the R5 is black after all...
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    here's mine. i just replaced the only non-black parts (or so it seems...) with, you guessed it, black parts. the wellgo pedals had to go, and were replaced with shimano M647s.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It's nice and seems to hold up pretty well. My 2002 Scalpel was matte Black and it held up really well, I don't think this is quite as nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Dang, all of you guys have clean Rushes!
    I too have an '08 Rush 5 in black. The fork looks sweet with the frame and it all seems to hold up nicely to the rocks. The only paint I'm missing is on the fork crown where one of the cables likes to rub. Not a problem for me anymore. I can't see any scratches on the frame but there has been mud on it since I bought it about a month ago.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by conekilr
    I too have an '08 Rush 5 in black. The fork looks sweet with the frame and it all seems to hold up nicely to the rocks. The only paint I'm missing is on the fork crown where one of the cables likes to rub. Not a problem for me anymore. I can't see any scratches on the frame but there has been mud on it since I bought it about a month ago.
    took my pic the night i brought it home. i figured it was the last time it would look like that!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by conekilr
    Mine had never even been ridden, that's when I was building it, notice no chain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Ah yes, I remember that. I would post the pics of mine when it was new if they weren't so huge! I forgot how nice it looks in the setting sunlight, haha.

Members who have read this thread: 0