mtbr member
    Mar 2007

29er frontwheel on a rize 130

anyone tried this?
    riding my flash 29er al the time i went back to my carbon rize for a ride and did not feel comfortable anymore. When i turn it feels like there's something wrong.
    The bike falls into the turn. it's just to much. Probably wil get used to it again but i like the 29er wheel more. i was thinking trying to put it in and see what happens but maybe someone allready did the excercise

mtbr member
    tried it and its no good. slows everything down way too much and the bike felt way too unbalanced. i think a couple of guys on the forum have tried 650b and that supposedly hits the sweet spot.

mtbr member
    Never tried one on a Rize just my Prophet but a 650b wheel would slow down your steering a bit and I dont think you would need to do any mods

Quote Originally Posted by jan vb
    anyone tried this?
    riding my flash 29er al the time i went back to my carbon rize for a ride and did not feel comfortable anymore. When i turn it feels like there's something wrong.
    The bike falls into the turn. it's just to much. Probably wil get used to it again but i like the 29er wheel more. i was thinking trying to put it in and see what happens but maybe someone allready did the excercise

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jan vb
    I agree totally.

After buying my F29 2 last summer I decided I didn't like the fit nor the feel of my Rush any longer. That has changed now that I've upgraded the Rush to 650b...

I don't think 650b works on the rear of the Rize and RZ frames. I believe I read that there isn't enough clearance in the rear.
    '15 Niner RLT 9
    '13 Pugsley Necromancer
    '13 Bad Boy 5
    '09 F29 2
    '08 Rush SL 5Z (650b)
    '00 F2000SL

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Before I sold my Rize 130, I ran a 650 on the front (29er is dangerously close to hitting the fork), and it was fine for the downhills, but any technical or uphill trail spots always caused the front to lift way more than I wanted.

Members who have read this thread: 0