mtbr member
    Apr 2012

2018 fsi-5 hanger

I have a 2018 fsi-5, I just replaced for the rear hanger for the 2nd time. The issue was not that the hanger was bent, but the screw that holds the hanger to the bike(the back most) had its threads stripped so the screw will not hold the hanger still. It was giving enough just to make changing the gears not smooth. Can anything be done to ensure the threads do not strip?

mtbr member
    Lock-tite should keep it from moving and thus stripping. Be sure to get the non-heat version (I always forget if that is blue or red). The only other thing I can think of would be to try to drill out the hole and re-tap it for a larger bolt, if there's enough material there to do it.
    FS: Cannondale Rush XL 24lbs, Cannondale F? CAAD5 XL

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I used the blue lock tite on the hanger i have now and will find out in a few months if it works. I can not re-tap the threads to something larger, since the frame has the screw pass through and is almost the same size. FYI. it 2.5mm screw.

These are the exact same screws which pedals use for the pins and the screw replacements i bought for the pedals came with nuts. I filed down a nut to fit between the hanger and the hub(without touching) but the screw is too short to catch the nut so i need to find longer 2.5 screws. Will tell you if this works when i find the longer screw.