mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2012 Flash carbon 3 and tubeless

Can the Sun EQ25 wheels on a 2012 flash 29er be converted to tubeless? Someone was telling me there is a known issue with this rim and tubeless but i cannot find any info online. Anyone with one of these bikes try to run the tires tubeless?
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Try This link

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-componen...ue-772278.html

You can go tubeless with the Inferno 25 Rims but it will need to go with a fully Tubless tire, not a Tubeless ready tire like the Racing Ralphs.
    2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29er Carbon 1

2011 Felt AR4

"Columbus Bike Racing"

Is it time to ride yet?
    Jun 2009
    Pedal, all I can say is based on my experience give it a try, I'm glad I did. Of course, as they say, you mileage may vary.

I bought a '12 Flash 29'er Carbon 3 and had the shop setup the bike before I picked it up. I have been running tubeless since day one with the stock Equalizer 25 wheels and Racing Ralph EVO tires with no burps or problems at all. I run them low at 20F and 23R psi and I'm a big guy at 6'4" 250 lbs but still no issues with the setup.

I ride XC aggressively with hard enough cornering to tear some of the outside knobs from the carcase. I have had downhill runs in the 29-30 mph runs according to my cateye computer so I know I have not been babying the setup.

After reading problems of others trying this combo, I did however start at 28 F and 30psi R and slowly worked my way down as my confidence rose with the setup.

Good Luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0