Did I catch a niner+?

New question here. 2009 Cannondale 29er 2 no ebb

Has anyone else had this issue? From the site it claims to have an EBB on this model bike however I have looked and so has my LBS and there seems to be no EBB. I have sent an email to Cannondale to see what's up.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    Has anyone else had this issue? From the site it claims to have an EBB on this model bike however I have looked and so has my LBS and there seems to be no EBB. I have sent an email to Cannondale to see what's up.
    Only the 2009 F29'er 3 came with an EBB. The bottom brackets are the only differences (other than the colours), between the 2009 frames.

F29'er 1 - BB30
    F29'er 2 - Standard BB
    F29'er 3 - EBB
    F29'er 4 - Standard BB

I agree with you that the "bike" tab for all the F29'er Caffeine's is misleading. You have to see the 'specs' tab for each model.
    <Insert Quiver>

Did I catch a niner+?
    Very disappointing. I guess it's use my tensioner or get a ENO hub.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope

Yeah the web page is confusing, the EBB version of our bike was a 29er 3. Try to find a used one that would make for a cool set of bikes.
    SF
    Who cares how much gas you save, ride your bike to work because it's fun!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    Only the 2009 F29'er 3 came with an EBB. The bottom brackets are the only differences (other than the colours), between the 2009 frames.

F29'er 1 - BB30
    F29'er 2 - Standard BB
    F29'er 3 - EBB
    F29'er 4 - Standard BB

I agree with you that the "bike" tab for all the F29'er Caffeine's is misleading. You have to see the 'specs' tab for each model.
    The 29er 2 has a BB30 shell as well. It uses an adaptor.

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by yules
    The 29er 2 has a BB30 shell as well. It uses an adaptor.
    I was under the impression that any of the Cannondale frames with BB30 shells, that had adapters, the adapters were bonded in, and required a certain amount of heat treatment to remove. With the association that the warranty would be void.

But like I said that was my impression, I'm curious to here more from those with 2's and 4's.
    <Insert Quiver>

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The 2010 Trail SL 29er 5 has an EBB and is sold as a single speed.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by NS2000X
    I was under the impression that any of the Cannondale frames with BB30 shells, that had adapters, the adapters were bonded in, and required a certain amount of heat treatment to remove. With the association that the warranty would be void.

But like I said that was my impression, I'm curious to here more from those with 2's and 4's.
    That was what many were saying but only for frames with carbon BB shells, they were always removable from alloy frames, Cannondale even had the instruction in their manual. And officially, at least for 2010, the adaptors are removable even from carbon frames, with the right tool, the right technique and ideally, the right mechanic. No heat required.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0