mtbr member
    Mar 2007

2008 Cannondale F4 size?

I am considering a Cannondale F4 but this model is only available in small sizes in my lbs.
    Any thoughts on frame size for a big guy? 195 cm and about 100 kg. The XL frame has a 25" horizontal toptube (23,9" actual) and I guess this would be the right size for me?
    Can this frame handle some clyde-abuse?

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Get the right size frame, for your height/weight. I made an impulse buy before......and later regretted it(too large). If you have to go to another LBS farther away- do it, only if they have your correct size. A small will not handle any abuse from jumbo clydesdales!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eldeviko
    I am considering a Cannondale F4 but this model is only available in small sizes in my lbs.
    Any thoughts on frame size for a big guy? 195 cm and about 100 kg. The XL frame has a 25" horizontal toptube (23,9" actual) and I guess this would be the right size for me?
    Can this frame handle some clyde-abuse?
    The F4 is a nice bike. If I converted CM's right, that means you're 6'4". So an XL frame is probably the right one to get. I have a "L" sized F5 at 6'0" and it works great. The M sized F4 my girlfriend has is just to small for even me. Fit on the bike is important. I definitely recommend you try out a similar sized Cannondale to get an idea such as F5 or F3.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I just bought a 07 F4 XL last year. Im 240 and 6'2" and I fit it well. If your smaller, check out a L before buying a XL.

Members who have read this thread: 0