mtbr member
    Nov 2004

2007 Rush Color Question, I'm a bit confused.

Hi, I'm a looking at the colors for the 2007 Rush and I'm a little confused, although this could be my fault. The one color for the Rush 3 is listed as Jet Black w/Charcoal Grey/Patriot Blue HyperHighlight (gloss) (GRY), I don't see any black in the picture? Then if you look at the Rush 5 they have a color listed as Charcoal Grey w/Jet Black (gloss) (GRY). They are two different colors right? Why do they have the same color code, (GRY) Maybe this is something I'm just not seeing. Thanks for the help.

LA CHÈVRE
    Two different colorways. The Rush 3 (Jet Black w/Charcoal Grey/Patriot Blue HyperHighlight (gloss) is what it says: a black frame and over that, there is a charcoal grey highlight and the front is patriot blue. The image below is just a computer render so the real thing is more striking... true with most Cannondale paints, they always look way better when you see them with your own eyes.

Same technique with the Prophet 2: Fine Silver w/Jet Black/Patriot Blue HyperHighlight (gloss). The front section is black with a patriot blue highlight.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I guess this is the color. There are some pictures of C'dales 07 (eu specs) on www.radsport-biking.de
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    In person tells the story...LBS just built a Rush 5 in grey color scheme...looks much better in person than catalog. Going back to chk out the 3 he had in a box.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    As a matter of fact, I special ordered a Rush 5 in the yellow/grey/black scheme from my LBS..... The computer renderings looks awful compared to the bike in person. And even then, when you take it out in the sun it really lights up. The charcoal grey metallic looks awesome. I still haven't taken any pictures yet, but once I clean it up from ridin the trails I'll post some!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for the help. Which color is darker the Jet Black w/Charcoal Grey/Patriot Blue HyperHighlight (gloss) (GRY) or the Charcoal Grey w/Jet Black (gloss) (GRY)?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The grey on both bikes is the same... Neither will look darker, the main difference is that the one I have (without the blue) doesn't have the hyper-highlight. In case you've never seen a Cannondale with that in person, you'll see the black on the tubes looking down on the bike. Personally, even though the hyperhighlight looks awesome on most of their bikes, the combination of black-blue-grey just looks dreary and boring.

I REALLY wish Cannondale brought some of the paint schemes of the '07 hardtails to the '07 Rush line too.. Oh well, my Rush 5 kicks generous loads of butt anyways!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If you could post a pic of the yellow/grey/black that would be great. Thanks for the help

Members who have read this thread: 0