mtbr member

2007 Prophet 5 just getting back into the sport

im riding again and i just got my new bike after my last cannondale frame cracked. im upgrading my lefty fork with the spv kit but im still not up to date with shocks and all the new bits to them. i have a fox float s with pro peddle. what shock would give me less movment when im out of the saddle and climming but also let me do some down hill?

karl

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    any shock with low speed compression adjustibility would work fine, like a manitou evolver isx 6, some of the pearls (though everybody who uses em aren't that happy with em on the prophet), fox rp2/23 with the correct valving (talk to craig from mendoncyclesmith), cane creek double barrel, dhx air 5.0, dhx 5.0... the list goes on and on. You could also opt for the cheap way out, the swinger 3 way the frame was designed to use... wopd, santa cruz have sold em all.

the shock of choice depends a lot on your riding. For all around use i would say a swinger 3 or 4 way works like a charm (with the latter being better for dh), rp2/23 with the correct valveing works for everything as does the evolver isx 6, though the latter really shines on the dh sections.

also, in terms of the lefty, a lot of people prefer the tpc version of the lefty so if you have the ffd i would suggest going tpc before i went spv. It's a cheaper upgrade, though the spv design is perhaps a bit more efficient. I dunno. I run the spv, but was gonna try out the tpc before the build project took another turn and it was decided upon a 36 talas rc2 (for a 4x/mx frame) to try the dh capabilities of the frame with a 160mm fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0