mtbr member
    Apr 2008

07 Prophet 3 Impressions...

I'm thinking about dropping into an '07 Prophet 3 with the Lefty fork (good deal on last years stock) to upgrade from my 06 Kona Kickapu Deluxe.

Just wondering what any P3 owners have to say about the bike.

Also, I've seen the 08 Prophet 3 going for $1,700 - how can the 08 be that much less than the 07? Should I consider an 08 over an 07?

Thanks in advance!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The prophet lineup got a bit of a shift from '07 to '08. The '08 Prophet 3 is much less bike than the '07 was. the '07 Prophet 3 is probably more on par with this year's Prophet 2 (1999), arguably even a little nicer. The '08 Prophet 1 is $3000 and no where near as nice as the '07 prophet 1 was.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I've been doing some comparison shopping and the '07 P3 looks close to the 08 Kona Dawg Deluxe (another bike I can get a good deal on).

Any thoughts on the two?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Its the Lefty that makes the Prophet special and more expensive. The '07 P3 has a 140mm SPV Lefty Max arguably one of the best ever made and like land they ain't makin any more! This could be your last chance to buy a new one. If you like trying new things buy this Prophet otherwise stick with what you know.

Members who have read this thread: 0