Warranty or crash replacement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Warranty or crash replacement

Have any of you guys had to do a warranty or crash replacement lately? Kinda feels like Canfield went silent the last couple years after I bought my frame. No new releases, not a lot of news, etc. I cracked my frame today right in the middle of the down tube just above the rear shock. I thought it was an odd place to crack.

mtbr member
    What frame and year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    2016 riot

I know itís past the warranty. Just hoping for something...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by A_street View Post
    2016 riot

I know itís past the warranty. Just hoping for something...
    I broke the lower link on my 2013 The One in late 2016 (3 years after that bike was discontinued). The bike was out of warranty, and they didn't have any stock on hand to replace the part or frame as a whole. But they did cut me a deal on a 2017 Balance frame as a crash replacement. So, if they happen to have a Riot front triangle lying around in your size or a full frame left in stock they will probably try to help you out if they can.

But I wouldn't get your hopes too high as they haven't done a production run of the Riot/Toir in a couple years, and being a small company I don't think they kept a ton of extra stock on hand for warranty even when they were still in production.

Doesn't hurt to try giving them a call.
    No dig no whine

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    I broke the lower link on my 2013 The One in late 2016 (3 years after that bike was discontinued). The bike was out of warranty, and they didn't have any stock on hand to replace the part or frame as a whole. But they did cut me a deal on a 2017 Balance frame as a crash replacement. So, if they happen to have a Riot front triangle lying around in your size or a full frame left in stock they will probably try to help you out if they can.

But I wouldn't get your hopes too high as they haven't done a production run of the Riot/Toir in a couple years, and being a small company I don't think they kept a ton of extra stock on hand for warranty even when they were still in production.

Doesn't hurt to try giving them a call.
    Sent them an email the same weekend that the frame got cracked. It was like you described, none in stock but a crash replacement on any production frame for as long as they have stock on hand. Can be any model which I think is kind of cool.

In the mean time, Ive taken the dive on something else to get me by for the time being.

Hooligan
    Bummer and interesting timing, I just broke the lower link on my 2013 one today. Really disappointed to hear that they can't pump out a couple replacement parts to keep the older bikes rolling.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by A_street View Post
    Sent them an email the same weekend that the frame got cracked. It was like you described, none in stock but a crash replacement on any production frame for as long as they have stock on hand. Can be any model which I think is kind of cool.
    That's a reasonable offer all things considered. I'm glad they looked after you.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com