Wanted: 142 dropouts/axle for my 2013 Gen. 2 Nimble Nine- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Wanted: 142 dropouts/axle for my 2013 Gen. 2 Nimble Nine

Update: Nevermind; Canfield does have some dropouts after all, so I'll be able to upgrade to 142. Thanks to anyone who considered my request, especially Vin at Canfield Bros.

Ron

Howdy--

This is what procrastination will get you. I built my 2013 Nimble 9 around a wheelset I won, with 135 spacing and a regular QR. I always figured I'd upgrade to a through axle someday. Now the wheels are about done, and it's time.

Unfortunately, Canfield no longer has the dropouts in their webstore. I've tried contacting them a couple of times, but I haven't heard back. I'm taking the silence to mean they don't have any, and they don't plan to. I suppose that's understandable, as they're on to other things, and there's probably not much demand.

So, does anyone have a set of dropouts for a 142 through axle on a 2013 Gen. 2 Nimble 9? An axle would be great, too, though it looks like I can still get one of those through Canfield.

Thanks,
    Happy Trails,
    Ron Georg
    Corvallis, OR
    Last edited by pedalmore; 10-23-2016 at 02:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalmore View Post
    Howdy--

This is what procrastination will get you. I built my 2013 Nimble 9 around a wheelset I won, with 135 spacing and a regular QR. I always figured I'd upgrade to a through axle someday. Now the wheels are about done, and it's time.

Unfortunately, Canfield no longer has the dropouts in their webstore. I've tried contacting them a couple of times, but I haven't heard back. I'm taking the silence to mean they don't have any, and they don't plan to. I suppose that's understandable, as they're on to other things, and there's probably not much demand.

So, does anyone have a set of dropouts for a 142 through axle on a 2013 Gen. 2 Nimble 9? An axle would be great, too, though it looks like I can still get one of those through Canfield.

Thanks,
    Happy Trails,
    Ron Georg
    Corvallis, OR
    Ron - Just saw your post. Please check your PM.

Cheers,

Vin

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks so much for the reply, Vin.

Just to let everyone know, I went back and checked my sent messages, and I found that I'd been sending messages to "[email protected]" instead of the correct "[email protected]". The communication problem was all mine, and I'm sorry if I tarnished the company's stellar reputation for customer communications.

Unfortunately, Vin confirmed that they don't have any sets of 142 dropouts for my frame, so I'm still looking. I'm also still loving my Nimble 9 with its 135 dropouts, but if anyone has an extra set, please contact me, because upgrades.

Happy Trails,
    Ron

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalmore View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply, Vin.

Just to let everyone know, I went back and checked my sent messages, and I found that I'd been sending messages to "[email protected]" instead of the correct "[email protected]". The communication problem was all mine, and I'm sorry if I tarnished the company's stellar reputation for customer communications.

Unfortunately, Vin confirmed that they don't have any sets of 142 dropouts for my frame, so I'm still looking. I'm also still loving my Nimble 9 with its 135 dropouts, but if anyone has an extra set, please contact me, because upgrades.

Happy Trails,
    Ron

Ron - No worries man. It was a great opportunity for us to look how we can do things better to alleviate this issue for future inquires. I just updated our contact page with a simple contact form to make reaching out to us even easier.

On the Nimble 9, gen 2 dropouts, we have derailleur hangers in stock, just not the full dropout kits.

Cheers!
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 10-17-2016 at 01:09 PM.