Thinking of selling my The One- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Thinking of selling my The One

2011, Excellent condition. Fox 40 also excellent. Hope brakes, Chris King headset. All high quality parts.
    Is there any interest for a bike like this? What might the market value be?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nobody?

Your bike sucks
    I sold my One - last year I think. Newer than yours and completely decked. Resell wasn't pretty. Wish it was better news but 26'' and you're up against a whole new Canfield line-up even if someone was feeling for the brand. Mine was a great bike tho.
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    I sold my One - last year I think. Newer than yours and completely decked. Resell wasn't pretty. Wish it was better news but 26'' and you're up against a whole new Canfield line-up even if someone was feeling for the brand. Mine was a great bike tho.
    How much did you get?

Your bike sucks
    I'd have to check... I think mine was a 2012/2013. I sold it with extra carbon wheel, a single crown RS Lyric, other extra bits like new tires. On the bike, I had a dialed and upgraded Dorado, new wheels, dropper, Vivid rear, crampons, Saints.

To be straight, once I saw that I wasn't going to get much for the package, I started to swap some of the other parts to mitigate my loss.

I remember originally "There's like 10K in parts hanging off this bike, I'll swap some stuff and take $2.5K.... then seeing other bikes for sale and not selling...and then being like 1.8K asking (and not liking it) but will take 1.5K...to finally saying F it - hand me $1.2K and get out of here"

It was a still compelling build when I sold it, but I had a relatively uber build for my use but that would have been throwing money out the window (full XX1, chi-chi hubs, etc). I should have probably kept the Dorado and sold just w/ the Lyric but, in the end, I exchanged for a quick sale - there's lot of competition out there in barely used DH bikes.

At least it went to a kid even if his paying dad was rich.
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    I'd have to check... I think mine was a 2012/2013. I sold it with extra carbon wheel, a single crown RS Lyric, other extra bits like new tires. On the bike, I had a dialed and upgraded Dorado, new wheels, dropper, Vivid rear, crampons, Saints.

To be straight, once I saw that I wasn't going to get much for the package, I started to swap some of the other parts to mitigate my loss.

I remember originally "There's like 10K in parts hanging off this bike, I'll swap some stuff and take $2.5K.... then seeing other bikes for sale and not selling...and then being like 1.8K asking (and not liking it) but will take 1.5K...to finally saying F it - hand me $1.2K and get out of here"

It was a still compelling build when I sold it, but I had a relatively uber build for my use but that would have been throwing money out the window (full XX1, chi-chi hubs, etc). I should have probably kept the Dorado and sold just w/ the Lyric but, in the end, I exchanged for a quick sale - there's lot of competition out there in barely used DH bikes.

At least it went to a kid even if his paying dad was rich.
    I'm on the fence deciding if I should just keep it rather than settle for 1-1.5k.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I think we are probably doing good to get $1000 for a tricked out ONE...DH bikes are usually beat to F* and too specialized to appeal to a broad range of riders. The ONE is the exception but since its a low production boutique bike which never became famous despite its qualifications its value is not boosted much if any. A real shame, and why I will never sell mine.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crossup View Post
    I think we are probably doing good to get $1000 for a tricked out ONE...DH bikes are usually beat to F* and too specialized to appeal to a broad range of riders. The ONE is the exception but since its a low production boutique bike which never became famous despite its qualifications its value is not boosted much if any. A real shame, and why I will never sell mine.
    Yes it seems the 26" stigma kills the value. My wife has one and loves it and has resisted my efforts to get her a carbon LT 29er.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Very cool, my wife rides the earlier V1 The ONE, thats more of an AM bike but does 7.5" rear travel. Its not very raked out and sits pretty high, but its perfect for her as it still has a low stepover and as she says "rides like a couch". Her bike shown when I rode a Specialized Pitch(in front of hers) and my V2 ONE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking of selling my The One-100_0287.jpg  

Thinking of selling my The One-100_1641a.jpg  

2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crossup View Post
    Very cool, my wife rides the earlier V1 The ONE, thats more of an AM bike but does 7.5" rear travel. Its not very raked out and sits pretty high, but its perfect for her as it still has a low stepover and as she says "rides like a couch". Her bike shown when I rode a Specialized Pitch(in front of hers) and my V2 ONE.
    My wife has the same white V1 frame with a 180 mm Fox fork. She doesn't have the issue with pedal strikes I do with my V2. I have a Fox 40 on mine.