Rockshox Yari on a Yelli Screamy- Mtbr.com
    Jeffro
    Dec 2012

Rockshox Yari on a Yelli Screamy

Anybody out there riding a Yelli with a Yari. How does it perform? Do you miss a lock-out? I am a 210 pound rider so looking for an affordable fork that won't flex from my weight. Thinking 29er 130 Yari, but there isn't a lot of information on it.

mtbr member
    Unless you stand up and mash a lot and really push on the bars, a lock out is not necessary for an MTB, heck even when I do stand to climb on my bike I don't lock out because I actually am pulling up on the bar for leverage. As to how it works, people seem happy, but honestly if you don't have the coin for a Pike or F34 or other, then the Yari is about all there is, although the new low end F34s seem to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by jab63 View Post
    Anybody out there riding a Yelli with a Yari. How does it perform? Do you miss a lock-out? I am a 210 pound rider so looking for an affordable fork that won't flex from my weight. Thinking 29er 130 Yari, but there isn't a lot of information on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    I've got a mrp stage on my epo and man it's awesome. Looking to get one for my nimble this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Lock outs only really make sense if you're riding on the road or long smooth uphills. Having your front wheel hand up on a bump sucks when climbing.

mtbr member
    Dude has Yari $, not Stage $$$, nothing "affordable" about an MRP fork, same premium or more than a Fox Factory or Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighguy29 View Post
    I've got a mrp stage on my epo and man it's awesome. Looking to get one for my nimble this year.
    Totally disagree, they only make sense if you push a big gear, don't spin smoothly and push hard on the bars and/or are a stand and mash type climber, other than that if you're sitting and spinning, lock out does nothing for you, in fact a little sag on the fork relative to the rear will help steepen the HTA and help the bike climb better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    Lock outs only really make sense if you're riding on the road or long smooth uphills. Having your front wheel hand up on a bump sucks when climbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I am a 250# guy and I ride my Yelli with a 140 Revelation. I haven't noticed excessive flex compared to my other forks. I haven't ridden my F34 yet though.

Jeffro
    Dec 2012
    Thanks to all of you for the excellent inputs. I opted to go with the 2015 Yari 130 51mm off-set. I will let you know how it works once done with the build.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jab63 View Post
    Thanks to all of you for the excellent inputs. I opted to go with the 2015 Yari 130 51mm off-set. I will let you know how it works once done with the build.
    I have a 140 Yari on my riot and like it. I got it with the intention of getting a avalanche cartridge but I'm going to wait until i need to rebuild my woodie because its been that good. I'm 200 with 3 spacers and its smooth. You won't regret it.