Riot VS. Balance shock tunes?- Mtbr.com
    I'm with stupid

Riot VS. Balance shock tunes?

So I have to ask. Who did the factory tunes for the two bikes? I took my balance out for a quick spin today. The tunes are almost as polar opposite as you can get on the rear shocks as far as rebound goes. The balance is quite a bit more plush and much more glued to the ground compared to the riot. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, also I am not a tuning guru, so what is the best way to go about getting my riot to feel the same as the balance? I will have a ton of work on the front to try to get my 29er pike to feel like a pushed 36 but I really would like the back ends of the bike to feel the same. I know I could do a bunch of trial and error and have a pretty good shot as screwing it up before it gets better. So any help from the Bros or from others that have walked this path would be great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    The balance is quite a bit more plush and much more glued to the ground compared to the riot. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, also I am not a tuning guru, so what is the best way to go about getting my riot to feel the same as the balance?
    Never ridden the Balance but just swapped out my DBAir with a Pushed DHX 3 coil with the mx-tune on my Riot. I have been trying to get the azz end on the Riot setup now for almost a year and I think I finally have it setup and riding close to the way I want it.

Never felt good with the DBAir, small bumps never felt great and felt harsh deep in the travel on rough high speed trails. Had a DBAir on an older Nomad and loved it on that bike.

Had to do some additional tuning on the Pushed DHX though, letting out most of the HSC and dropped 20psi in the IFP chamber to get it to open up more and feel plusher deeper into the travel. Doing this took away some pedaling platform but it still pedals well.

Only have a handful of rides on the Pushed DHX coil, but it feels great on small bumps and much better deeper in the travel on rough high speed traills now (doesn't skip around and sticks to the ground).