mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Riot rear triangle tolerance

Quick question, I know that it is a generally accepted that the Riot can run boost or non-boost. However, does anyone have any idea how wide the rear triangle can be before its TOO wide and out of tolerance? Right now when I put my rear wheel in there is more that a little slop, it can freely not touch either side of the triangle by a pretty wide margin. The axle pulls everything back together, but I need to squeeze both sides to even get it to start threading.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
    Quick question, I know that it is a generally accepted that the Riot can run boost or non-boost. However, does anyone have any idea how wide the rear triangle can be before its TOO wide and out of tolerance? Right now when I put my rear wheel in there is more that a little slop, it can freely not touch either side of the triangle by a pretty wide margin. The axle pulls everything back together, but I need to squeeze both sides to even get it to start threading.
    Mine has done that since I got the frame (2015). With 12/142 rear-end. Never been a problem beyond trying to line up the axle and dropouts when removing/replacing a wheel trailside.
    Wouldn't call the gaps on mine 'wide margin', but there is maybe 5mm of space on each side.