Reviving the Canfield Stoke! Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Reviving the Canfield Stoke! Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time

Here's my lead off pic. I'm a few versions deep on Canfields, but here was my latest that I sold last year in anticipation of the new stuff coming out. If she wasn't a tad too big, I would've never sold her. Ran the DVO Jade and the FOX X2 and both brought a different special feel. Keep driving the stoke by posting your pics and help us pass time until they release their next bikes.Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-canfield-balance-dr.jpg
    Scott Ransom 910/Evil Insurgent/Chromag Primer...always wanting more!!

mtbr member
    Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-canfield-riot.jpg
    This past Sunday at a place called China Camp. It was a little wet & muddy. I felt like a kid getting all dirty. Just loving my Riot, it snakes through trails like a cobra looking for prey!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Awesome looking bike! I'm wondering what their 29er offering will look like this go around. I'm assuming it won't be named the "Toir"......maybe 160/140 configuration?! If it does, it might be my choice over any new version of the Balance.

mtbr member

I'm looking forward to another season at Angel Fire on my 2012 Jedi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's just a flesh wound!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm

Canfield Balance

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-img_1178.jpg

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-img_1138-2.jpg

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-snapseed-8.jpg

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-snapseed-7.jpg

Canfield Jedi

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-img_7367-2.jpg

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-3a8d4abf-08b2-443f-8e69-9f3486222edc.jpg
    Last edited by Don1138; 01-10-2020 at 09:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hell yeah!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    *Don1138 you're loaded down with goodness! Sweet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks, Patt!

(we know each other, btw...we're both Front Strangers and I've talked to you on the trail before)

Quote Originally Posted by PattD View Post
    *Don1138 you're loaded down with goodness! Sweet!

mtbr member
    Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-eewings.jpg
    One more for the road (2016 Balance)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    @Don1138 Oh cool! DId we ride together with the Giddyup guys that one day with Jeff and Brad? Your bike looks familiar. Lets get out and ride again soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Still loving the Riot! I haven't been able to fully get ride of creaking near the BB, but other than that the bike does everything I need it to.

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-ptapfront.jpg

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-ptapback-min.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    How do you guys with the dual crown on the balance like it? Riding impressions?

mtbr member
    Still love all my canfield bikes. Epo nimble9 riot and balance. I have recently added a Guerrilla gravity smash to the quiver but I did it more for something different then what I had plus new bike why not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Dude post some pics! LOL.......oh and by the way.....you're going to buy a new Canfield when they hit the market.....I can feel it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, probably with those guys, and I've run into you at least one other time on Chimney (you were coming down, I was going up) and we stopped to talk about our bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by PattD View Post
    @Don1138 Oh cool! DId we ride together with the Giddyup guys that one day with Jeff and Brad? Your bike looks familiar. Lets get out and ride again soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    How do you guys with the dual crown on the balance like it? Riding impressions?
    So, I did it somewhat out of necessity, but it was a fun experiment.

I was riding a trail blind (without enough speed, apparently) and I cased a gap hard enough to destroy the steer tube on my Fox 36 (along with spacer, bar and stem).

I had to get a whole new CSU (upper fork assembly), so in the interim, my buddy let me borrow his Boxxer so I could still ride. It was a 180mm Boxxer World Cup off an Evil Insurgent Park build, so it fit the Balance nicely. Probably sat a hair taller than my 170mm 36, but barely noticeable while riding. My Fox 36 has the PUSH coil conversion, and since the Boxxer is an air fork, the weight difference wasn't very noticeable either.

I actually did some pretty long pedals on it, and never noticed a real downside. I've always been a Fox guy and the PUSH coil feels great on my 36, so I was actually pretty impressed with how good the Boxxer felt for an air fork.

The 36 is certainly not a noodly fork, but the biggest noticeable difference having the dual-crown was the stiffness in handling.

It was a great setup for shuttle days and some bike park as well. I also have a Jedi, but it was fun to run the Balance in "park mode," especially on the flow/jump trails.

mtbr member
    No intentions of selling her any time soon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-img_e7132.jpg  

"There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Don1138 View Post
    The 36 is certainly not a noodly fork, but the biggest noticeable difference having the dual-crown was the stiffness in handling.

It was a great setup for shuttle days and some bike park as well. I also have a Jedi, but it was fun to run the Balance in "park mode," especially on the flow/jump trails.
    Thanks for the reply! I'm running a 170mm Lyrik so was just messing around the idea of running a 180mm dual crown; but didn't know how much of a difference it would make.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-ctuj5nh.jpg

Love this bike. I've got some Saint brakes to go on soon. The dropper is now an SDG Tellis.

I also have a set of Dorados from my old Aurum that I want to try @ 180mm. Just need to find the right stem!

Pro Crastinator

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-dopeness1.jpg  

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-dopeness4.jpg  

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-blackness.jpg  

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-beeeyatch.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post

Just wow! Love seeing this bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's just a flesh wound!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    My Riot from Greece!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-img_20191205_131623.jpg  

Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-img_20191205_131541.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-jedi.jpg

mtbr member

My balance at baileys bike park last weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Reviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-20180225_110033_resized.jpgReviving the Canfield Stoke!  Post all Canfield Pics new & old, to pass the time-20180225_110118_resized.jpg

Built this Riot up a couple years ago when they were blowing out their frames. One of the most fun bikes I've ever ridden, especially with an Avalanche Woodie strapped on the rear. I have since moved on to newer, more carboney things, so this bike now lives in Santa Fe, where my in laws live and I can ride 3-4 times a year. Every time I come back to her I'm amazed at how ahead of its time this frame was.