New Link for One and Diggle- Mtbr.com
    Ride and Smile

New Link for One and Diggle

Doug at Poison Spider showed me the new lower link on his one. Sounded like a nice upgrade so I got one for the Diggle. It is a little heavier but it does stiffen up the rear end noticeably. I highly recommend it.
    Before the upgrade, I could feel the rear end flex some when riding. I didn't really care cause the bike is so much fun. But now it's even nicer. Go get one!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    Doug at Poison Spider showed me the new lower link on his one. Sounded like a nice upgrade so I got one for the Diggle. It is a little heavier but it does stiffen up the rear end noticeably. I highly recommend it.
    Before the upgrade, I could feel the rear end flex some when riding. I didn't really care cause the bike is so much fun. But now it's even nicer. Go get one!

Hi dear.
    I'm a happy owner of a ONE, but I have the same feeling about too flexibility on rear wheel. I know it's about upper suspension link.
    I would like to get more info about this link. Do you have any picture? Where can I get a new uppuer link?
    Thank's in advance for this interesting news.
    Regards
    Jordi

Ride and Smile
    Sorry no photos. Call Chris or Lance and they will hook you up. It is the lower link-not the upper link.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Got one on order. Can't wait to try it out.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Any pictures yet? According to the European Imported of Canfield Brothers there are only CAD-drawing and some prototypes for the new lower link.
    So if somebody does have one, please review old vs new.........
    What are they charging for the new link?

Ride and Smile
    The new link is $30. You can tell that it adds some weight to the bike, but I can't tell you how much. There is also a very noticeable stiffening of the rear end. I used to be able to feel the rear end of the Diggle flex quiet a bit in corners and now that feeling is significantly reduced (not quiet gone), but a great improvement to the bike.
    Sorry, but no pics. But from the top, it looks just like the original, except a different color than my white links (new one is black). From the side and bottom, you can see the difference. The old "I" beam shape is replaced with an upside down "U" shape.

I have to say I am very happy with it, and would recommend one to anyone.

Canfield Bikes
    The upper link is very stiff, actually more flex comes from tubing and wheels. The new lower link is 30 grams heavier than the old one. It is a substanial increase in stiffness and the $30 is straight cost on it. We wanted to make it cheap as possible to get people on it. They all come in anodized black. They are in stock now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm exiceted.
    Last week I ordered it.
    As soon as I get it I'll post some pics and also with my white One. Actually is very ligth and works smooth and fast.
    Thank's Chris and Lance for your job.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    The upper link is very stiff, actually more flex comes from tubing and wheels. The new lower link is 30 grams heavier than the old one. It is a substanial increase in stiffness and the $30 is straight cost on it. We wanted to make it cheap as possible to get people on it. They all come in anodized black. They are in stock now.
    Are these the same in CanCan frame?

trail fairy

Um interesting are you guys running thru axle rear axles on your Ones, and Maxle rear on the Diggle just interested in thoughts re that as well...
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Canfield Bikes
    It's the same link for the One, Sauce, Can-Can and Can-Diggle. The Can-Can and Can-Diggle both come with the Maxle rear. The Sauce is a QR and the One you can get with a QR or the Maxle. The Maxle rear is a bit stiffer because of the thru axle but also the seat stay tube is a Mobius like the chainstay, with a rib inside.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks flymybike and axolotl for the info.
    Question @ flymybike is the new lower link available for Europe yet?
    Have had contact with Ingo Beutner from Canfield Brothers Europe. He didn't seem to know anything about the new link.
    Can I order with them or can I order in the States? Am located in Switserland.
    Love my Diggle by the way. Am so much faster on the local DH and FR tracks here compared to my old bike wich was a Nomad.
    Thanks.........

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Here's a picture of the new link before installing it on the One.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sylvain
    Here's a picture of the new link before installing it on the One.

Keep us posted, i'd be very interested if makes a significant difference on ONE.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    Keep us posted, i'd be very interested if makes a significant difference on ONE.
    Trying to get a understanding on this, was this that obvious on ONEs and Diggs and was it an issue on through axle rears 10mm or 12mm maxle, because wheel setups can have a dramatic effect on flex as can a tire and pressure!

U guess the fact this link is in exisitance says so but still keen to know, lots of speculative talk but be nice to see what ya rear end setups are to can understand it..I'm neutral so have no bias!

And is there a difference in stiffness on the new top link / rear end of the Jedi over the 08 link and non integrated fender rear? cheers!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Ride and Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Trying to get a understanding on this, was this that obvious on ONEs and Diggs and was it an issue on through axle rears 10mm or 12mm maxle, because wheel setups can have a dramatic effect on flex as can a tire and pressure!

U guess the fact this link is in exisitance says so but still keen to know, lots of speculative talk but be nice to see what ya rear end setups are to can understand it..I'm neutral so have no bias!

And is there a difference in stiffness on the new top link / rear end of the Jedi over the 08 link and non integrated fender rear? cheers!
    Cannot speak to the Jedi. But I have ridden both the One and Diggle with 12mm Maxles with fairly strong wheelsets. I noticed rear end flex on both rides but did not really care cause both bikes were so much fun. But when Doug at Poison Spider showed me the new link on his One, I needed to get one and now there is much less flex in the rear end.

Canfield Bikes
    Europe does not have them in stock yet. We can ship it directly to you, anywhere world wide.
    Chris and I are used to DH bikes and very stiff setups. The One series bikes have a bit of flex due to the ultra light build but is on par with other bikes built for AM. We wanted to stiffen it up so it felt more like a DH frame stiffness.
    The new rear and upper link on the Jedi are more stiff than previous but the 08 frames where very stiff and didn't need to be stiffer. It was redesigned to gain tire clearance.

local trails rider
    Do new frames come with the "new link" or is this an upgrade?

******ed or Branded??
    I got the new link and have been riding it for about 2-3months now and it's has been a dramatic change for me. I am running a standard QR rear end and weighing in at 200 lbs. When I first got the bike it was really flexy. I first thought it was my wheelset it being kinda old. So I threw on my outlaws and the flex was still there so that is when I realize it was the bike. I call Chris and he fixed me up right and quick too! He sent over the new link and it has dramatically change the bike for me. I almost wanted to send the bike back with all it flexiness. But once I got the new link it was like a new bike. It still has a slight flex to it, but I am a heavier guy.

If CB comes out with another new link for the heavier riders that would be sweet but for most this new link here will do the trick and make you realize this bike is the best out there. I love how the bike can be hammered through some rock gardenz and it not wallowing in it's travel. The suspension desgin is awesome and has bailed me out of some hairy situationas!!! Thanks Guys for building a great bike and having thee best CS ever of any company I have ever delt with!!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Members who have read this thread: 0