Lightest ONE- Mtbr.com

Thread: Lightest ONE

mtbr member
    May 2009

Lightest ONE

after searching here I can't seem to find any examples of ONE's at or below 30 pounds.
    my fiancee's current bike is an ounce under 31 pounds and we just ordered a ONE and
    all the build stuff. She's gonna be pretty bummed if the ONE isnt below 30 pounds and truthfully I dont see how one could shave off more than another pound regardless of cost.
    Build:
    RS Revelation Race DualAir 3.6 pound
    Fox Float R
    Mavic Crossmax SX UST
    Raceface Atlas Crank - ok could go CF and save 100-150g maybe
    XT shifters, derailers
    Avid Elixir R Brakes
    Easton Monkeylite SL CF bars
    MTB Prowler MX 2.24 and 2.3 tires run tubeless
    40 mm Truativ Stem
    Seat and post probably Specialized alum and not the lightest
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

7MGTE
    You should have no issues with the right build. I had mine built up to a hair over 31 but that was in an AM setup. I had a heavy Fork, Tires (2.5 Maxxis FT and 2.4 BB rear) and coil. With lighter fork, tires and air shock I could have hit 27-28 LBS no prob.

Good luck with thinks she will love the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    thanks supra
    anything under 28.5 pounds will beat my Pitch and she will have the lightest bike but the big thing will be nearly 4 pounds of less mental effort on the uphills ...she doesnt do bad at all on tough climbs but dislikes it which in itself makes the climb harder if you ask me. Maybe with the psychological edge she will be happier on climbs

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I had one built up well under 30lbs a couple years ago at one point it was under 28lbs w/o pedals, it's not too hard to do. here's a link, good luck http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=388484

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by crossup
    thanks supra
    anything under 28.5 pounds will beat my Pitch and she will have the lightest bike but the big thing will be nearly 4 pounds of less mental effort on the uphills ...she doesnt do bad at all on tough climbs but dislikes it which in itself makes the climb harder if you ask me. Maybe with the psychological edge she will be happier on climbs
    Oh no worries she will love the bike. Do not forget that the One pedals so so amazing! She will feel like she is plowing a race HT (IMO) up the hill. Well until she goes downhill, then she will be waiting on you The One pedals so well she will feel like the bike is 6-8 LBS lighter

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer299
    I had one built up well under 30lbs a couple years ago at one point it was under 28lbs w/o pedals, it's not too hard to do. here's a link, good luck http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=388484
    Nice build but I did not see pic of bike on digital scale. People make claims about how much the there bike weighs here on MTBR all the time. When I do so I make sure to post pic of bike on digital scale so there is no question on the LBS of the bike. Do you have a pic of the bike on the scale?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    thanks thats what we're hoping
    and so true with the weight claims. I always take them with a grain of salt. I use a digital scale but have to do it nascar style and weigh each wheel. I always make a couple of
    weightings and use a block to keep the bike exactly level with the scale.
    Recently shocked to find the generally accepted Myka FSR weight was about 3 pounds under
    On the plus side I see my Pitch build right there with the lightest so I'm confident whatever the weight the Canfield will be light too since I'm building them similar.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Okey dokey, its starts ......the build that is. First day not so good as my Mavic Crossmax SX show up as Crosstrails and for std. QRs instead of 20mm.
    Called PricePoint and they say the right ones are coming their bad.
    Meanwhile Chris has shipped the frameset

Members who have read this thread: 0