Is it JUST me? or.......- Mtbr.com
    I'm with stupid

Is it JUST me? or.......

I am the only one super excited to see what comes out next? Part of me does not want to move away from my Riot and Balance because I have so much time and money invested in them, BUT i want a new toy. I wonder if Canfield will make a Balance 29 and a Down country bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I'm also excited about the new releases. Hoping they keep something in 27.5 or mullet is fine. I don't jive with 29ers. Love my Balance and have no plans on getting rid of it but a new toy would be nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    I am the only one super excited to see what comes out next? Part of me does not want to move away from my Riot and Balance because I have so much time and money invested in them, BUT i want a new toy. I wonder if Canfield will make a Balance 29 and a Down country bike.
    Iíve seen this down country term come up lately. What the hell is a down country bike. Iíve got a riot balance epo nimble9 set up single speed and a fat bike. Would love to have a fat bike with nimble9 geo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I'm excited. Would love to see a long travel 29er. A Riot that can take a 160mm fork. And the 200mm beast that takes both wheel sizes go into production

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I just started riding an Evil Offering and it's killer. But one of the few bikes I would switch it out for is a 29" version of the Balance. 64 HA, greater than 76 SA, 170F/160R, and super short chainstays and I'm in!

The 27.5 version is the best bike I've ridden to date and I still regret selling it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by krylon1892 View Post
    I just started riding an Evil Offering and it's killer. But one of the few bikes I would switch it out for is a 29" version of the Balance. 64 HA, greater than 76 SA, 170F/160R, and super short chainstays and I'm in!

The 27.5 version is the best bike I've ridden to date and I still regret selling it.
    I was deciding between the offering and the Wreckoning. Had the wrecking in the hotel room (rental) when on vacation when Canfield announced they'd be back soon. As soon as I decided to wait my wife got the Wreckoning lol

mtbr member
    I'm also very excited about what's coming for 2020. 4 years on my current Riot & Balance and never had any inclination of wanting anything else. I've said on a previous post that my Riot (in current form) is now my favorite between the two so I'm looking for a 29er version of the Balance as long as I can switch over my 11.6 shock, otherwise I'm good!

I'm with stupid
    Downcountry is like a bike that first between a XC bike and a trail bike. Is normally around 120mm or so of travel and has aggressive geo like a enduro bike but with less travel and about 4 or 5 lbs less weight.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by acfsportsfan View Post
    I'm also very excited about what's coming for 2020. 4 years on my current Riot & Balance and never had any inclination of wanting anything else. I've said on a previous post that my Riot (in current form) is now my favorite between the two so I'm looking for a 29er version of the Balance as long as I can switch over my 11.6 shock, otherwise I'm good!
    Im with you on that one. I dont think I would buy a bike other than a XC bike that I cannot put a 11-6 on. I really hope the new stuff can take them. Honestly if it cannot it will be a much harder sell for me since I have one one each bike and the is a good chunck of change in just rear shocks to give up.

What is you current set up on your Riot?

mtbr member
    Im with you on that one. I dont think I would buy a bike other than a XC bike that I cannot put a 11-6 on. I really hope the new stuff can take them. Honestly if it cannot it will be a much harder sell for me since I have one one each bike and the is a good chunck of change in just rear shocks to give up.

What is you current set up on your Riot?
    A little while back I made a few changes to my Riot, I just can't keep well enough alone. Anyways with the recent change I did with the Works Components Angleset Headset I thought I would list the other changes I had done to my Large 2016 Riot. (33.1lbs)

Works 1deg. Angleset Headset
    CC eeWings 170mm crankset
    CK BB
    ERGON SM Pro Saddle
    Stans Flow MK3 rims
    Maxxis Rekon 2.4 tires
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it JUST me? or.......-20191117_122328_resized.jpg  

I'm with stupid
    looks just like my Balance. My Riot is black on black all murdered out except shock and Renthal carbon bars. The 11-6 really changes the back end of these bike from excellent to Unicorn land.

mtbr member
    New EPO?!?!?!?!

mtbr member
    I am hoping for a lighter version of the Riot (30-31 lb complete build?) I love my Riot/Toir but I can definitely feel the weight on big climbing days (I live in Tahoe and climb for the goods). I am tempted by the Revel Rascal but I would strongly prefer to stick with Canfield's geometry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Is it JUST me? or.......-3k8s61.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Yup, just waiting.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    I am hoping for a lighter version of the Riot (30-31 lb complete build?) I love my Riot/Toir but I can definitely feel the weight on big climbing days (I live in Tahoe and climb for the goods). I am tempted by the Revel Rascal but I would strongly prefer to stick with Canfield's geometry.
    I may be wrong, but I'm not expecting anything lighter to come out....just frames that are still made of metal with some slightly more current geo #'s.....even though I feel like the geo was ahead of it's time...maybe just the boosted rear triangle so I can fit a 2.6 in there and not stretch the rear end to fit 148 axle.
    Scott Ransom 910/Evil Insurgent/Chromag Primer...always wanting more!!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input PattD. I suspect that your prediction will prove to be correct but I am going to cling to hope for a bit longer. If a lighter Riot/Toir doesn't make it into the 2020 or 2021 line ups, I will ride my current Riot/Toir until I am tempted away by a good deal on a Rascal frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Every now and then Canfield would post 6.5lbs with airshock so I believe a carbon bike is in the works. I'm more interested in a bit stiffer and a little more travel. At least handle a longer fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Even back when I had my Riot, I had wished for a ST Riot.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Anyone have ANY clues about when we're going to get more info on new bikes? We've been hearing "soon" since, like, November...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    My guess. February?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    A 120ish Riot with BIG tire clearance would be fantastic.

mtbr member
    Pinkbike posted a bike of the future on IG the other day. The geo seems all whack but the rear end looked a lot like a Canfield. Probably just coincidence and the fact it's raw aluminum that made me think it. Been watching for a few years to see what is next and hoping it falls into my riding. I'm sure it's not as drastic as the PB bike but it makes me wonder if they aren't in on some sort of drawn out announcement of bringing a bike to market campaign.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    The PB bike is a joke, if you didnít know.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    My hope is when they announce it will be ready to order and maybe that's the wait?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The PB bike is a joke, if you didnít know.
    Yeah I get it. I just found it amusing that here we are waiting for something to drop, then PB shows an outlandish geo bike with a very similar rear end look to canfield. Haven't watched the vid yet in Taiwan of them trying to find someone to make it, but I like the fun they are having with it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So just curious if anyone that has/had a Riot ridden a V3 Banshee yet? Wondering how the suspensions compare.

While I'm waiting to see what Canfield drops, I have serious doubts it'll be a short travel Riot. Looking at the V3 Phantom, the numbers all make it pretty much a short travel Riot. I never had issues with the Riot being too short for my riding.

I know this is a Canfield thread, but any thoughts?
    Ripley LS v3

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I haven't ridden a V3 Banshee yet, but I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to buy a Titan (I had a Rune a while back) as my Riot comes up on it's fourth birthday. I've been itching for something with longer travel and my plan would be to have the Titan take over the majority of my riding duties and I'll short shock my Riot, drop the fork to 140mm and turn it into a short(er) travel trail shredder.

There are some philosophical differences between CBF and KS suspensions. Both use relatively high anti-squat, but CBF is flat throughout the travel where KS falls off past the sag point. CBF also uses a flatter leverage ratio than KS. Then there are the geometry differences primarily with regard to the CS length with the Banshee being a good deal longer. In my mind, it adds up to a great opportunity to compare and contrast.

So a Phantom may be most similar to a short shocked Riot with similar(ish) weight and intentions but different design approaches. I'd say go for it and let us know what you learn and I'll do the same if I can convince my CFO to let me buy a Titan. I too would bet a dollar that the next Canfield will not be of the short travel variety.

mtbr member
    I have absolutely no inside info, but I bet Canfield drops more than one bike.

It seems that I read on Pinbike Canfield have moved to Colorado and hired a bunch of staff. i couldn't imagine a hardtail and FS bike supporting that many employees.

squish, squish in da fish
    let's hope you are correct as i too was hoping for a multiple release. i know lance said somewhere, that he had several in the plan stage. so let's hope a couple made it into production

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I have absolutely no inside info, but I bet Canfield drops more than one bike.

It seems that I read on Pinbike Canfield have moved to Colorado and hired a bunch of staff. i couldn't imagine a hardtail and FS bike supporting that many employees.
    I don't doubt it, just doubt a short travel 29er is going to be one of the first FS bikes if there is ever one from Canfield.

Nothing against Canfield, loved my Riot, just don''t need 140 rear travel for my riding.
    Ripley LS v3

screamer
    Wouldn't put it past Canfield to release a flexible, "multi-model/modal" platform like Guerrilla Gravity have done. They did it once before, with the One/Can-Diggle/Sauce/Can-Can family.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    Wouldn't put it past Canfield to release a flexible, "multi-model/modal" platform like Guerrilla Gravity have done. They did it once before, with the One/Can-Diggle/Sauce/Can-Can family.
    I really hope so. Like a lot of people I ride a large mix of trail types. And travel so one bike with extras to bolt to it is better than multi bike quiver.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Is it just me or does this look like a mullet? From Canfieldís latest Insta story.

(Either way, Iím liking what I can see)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it JUST me? or.......-38fb41e2-26d6-4bc5-bebe-17b0948bf28e.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sure looks like a smaller rear wheel to me - makes sense in keeping to that playful feel of Canfield bikes!

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by greddyvox View Post
    Sure looks like a smaller rear wheel to me - makes sense in keeping to that playful feel of Canfield bikes!
    I'm not so sure. Just did a quick overlay of the front wheel over the rear and it seems to match pretty perfectly.