Jedi - Fantastic for xc- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Jedi - Fantastic for xc

So i have had my F1 Jedi since early August, i could rave on about how i love riding more then i ever have or about how well it handles the bumps and rough DH but i wont.

What i am truely amazed with is how well this pedals up hills, i only have 1 bike so it's a do all and the Jedi is truely a do all bike.

I have 888 WC ATA's and i drop them to 160mm raise my seat and i can smoke lycra cladded 3.5 inch travel guys up hill no probs which is sooo rewarding.

If i stomp on the forward facing pedal the rear pretty much locks out, maybe 10 mm of bob when i am riding.

I call this the tardus of bikes, brilliant work guys, Cheers

mtbr member
    How do you like your 888 WC ATA forks?

biking is fun
    Nice man, That is exactly how i would build up a jedi. which i might be doing in april.

how heavy is it? also im interested in you answering the question from the other guy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tatankainlondon
    How do you like your 888 WC ATA forks?

to be honest i was a bit disappointed with the fork initially, they came with "factory" play and made a few noises and leaked a bit of oil.

Off they went to get fixed and now they rule, being able to raise and drop the amount of travel to suit the rides i do is great.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    Nice man, That is exactly how i would build up a jedi. which i might be doing in april.

how heavy is it? also im interested in you answering the question from the other guy.
    she weighs 37.1, i wanted to beat Bullcrews initial weight but now he has it down to 35 and change there is no way

Commit or eat sh!t
    Nice! How do you like the air shock? I think Bullcrew has the same one on his bike as well. Have you had any coil shock on it like DHXc? I am not sure which shock to order with the Jedi. Don't care about the weight. Just something plush and that performs. I usually kept the DHXc that comes with the frames in the past.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    Nice! How do you like the air shock? I think Bullcrew has the same one on his bike as well. Have you had any coil shock on it like DHXc? I am not sure which shock to order with the Jedi. Don't care about the weight. Just something plush and that performs. I usually kept the DHXc that comes with the frames in the past.

the Rocco is great, i saw Bullcrew had one on his and it was recommended to me for the Jedi. I haven't tried any other shocks on this bike but i have no need to

all day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whore
    the Rocco is great, i saw Bullcrew had one on his and it was recommended to me for the Jedi. I haven't tried any other shocks on this bike but i have no need to
    Yeah, I rode Snow Summit last summer with Bully. He had a 66 and a Rocco Air on his Jedi. I saw how well it worked for him, that I went a picked up a Rocco Air. I have a Pushed Rocco WC w/ a ti spring on the Jedi now, but I have to admit, it felt pretty good with the Rocco Air. I wanted to lighten up the Lucky so I put the Rocco Air on there with a 66 ATA.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

mtbr member
    Jedis ROCK!
    Overshot the ladder drop at the bike park, took a new line with a run in. bunnyhopped the top threw a flatty looked throught he frame and watched the tranny dissappear. Flat landing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bikes a beast Ill get some shots this week of the lamding and some partial overshoots and not too sure on a full run in like that my wrists still HURT and palms are sore.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

******ed or Branded??

quick help guys!!!

just need the eye to eye and stroke for the jedi. I got a brain fart and can't seem to remember it.

thanks in advance!!!

should know better.....
    8.75"
    2.75"

cheers.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by neverwalk
    8.75"
    2.75"

cheers.

Thanks!!!!

Commit or eat sh!t
    Guys, what is the "effective" leverage ratio or travel on the Jedi? Should you be looking at 7.75" vertical travel with the shock stroke, or 2.5" rearward + 7.75" = 10.25" with the shock stroke? Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Heres the drop at the bike park! Zack is 6' and the cameras at a down angle looking up so it doesnt look as high, hes standing at the usuall landing area. Landed 3' in front of where hes standing last week and took a wrist ache on! Not the biggest but a good local place to ride! where I landed in pic is right at 10'

Note: looks like the boxxers are bowed forward on landing!

My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

biking is fun
    bike whore,
    how much do you weigh? im curious what your settings on your fork and shock are. I weigh 175ish and will be running the exact set up on mine. just looking for some feedback.

any help here would be awesome.

mtbr member
    When I was riding in the Alps last month, I found Jedi extremely capable of relaxed XC riding. We had something like 3 miles to the chairlift and that was something like forest road. When pedalling seated, Jedi felt very still with very little rear suspension movement, yet very active when needed. It really surprised me a lot.
    I would not say it way a perfect xc bike but rather long travel all mountain feel.

Members who have read this thread: 0