Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72

    Cool-blue Rhythm Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike


    We're proud to introduce the all-new 2020 ONE.2 downhill bike! The first DH bike built around the patented Canfield Balance Formula™ suspension system, the ONE.2 boasts 8 inches of travel front and rear and is designed to accept both 29 and 27.5-inch wheels.




    Our latest DH weapon is engineered to take on the roughest race tracks and biggest bike-park lines with confidence. And thanks to the ultra-efficient CBF™ tuned linkage, it pedals like no bike with 8 inches of travel should to ensure no pedal stroke is wasted, whether it’s sprinting across the finish line or into the next jump.


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike-canfield-one.2-white-bg00001.jpg  

    Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike-canfield-one.2-white-bg00015.jpg  

    Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike-canfield-one.2-white-bg00012.jpg  

    Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike-canfield-one.2-white-bg00011.jpg  

    Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike-canfield-one.2-white-bg00013.jpg  

    Introducing the 2020 ONE.2 - CBF 29er DH Bike-canfield-one.2-white-bg00002.jpg  

    Last edited by Canfield Bikes; 03-03-2020 at 05:02 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: katsooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    451
    That is a 100mph frame!!

    Looks like a brawler! Oh damn that is beautiful
    17' Canfield Jedi 27.5" - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    534
    HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if it's acceptable to borrow money from your mom for another new bike when you're 50 years old? I'll ask her and see.............
    Scott Ransom 910/Evil Insurgent/Chromag Primer...always wanting more!!

  4. #4
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,916
    Yeah, this is rad.
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    238
    This is beautiful. Bet it can climb pretty decent. I'm just trying to rationalize buying it.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: acfsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    335
    Looks like a Canfield......I couldn't resist.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    678
    I guess it had to happen- I've gone 9 years happy in the knowledge no bike is better for my needs than my '011 One V2. Even Chris dangling the big discount carrot did not get me to bite for a newer version. But this is definitely the game changer I feared, fortunately I'm buying a new house so I have to wait, at least long enough for the reviews to verify its must have status.
    My first question is can it be built lighter than 34lbs without breaking the bank.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    269
    Smart!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    542
    Woot! Woot!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,641
    So I have to ask is the new Riot replacement the next release and how long do we have to wait.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    We are working on some new AM/trail bikes, but they will be all-new. Not exactly a new Riot, but we think Riot fans will be stoked. Can't say much more for now...

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    So I have to ask is the new Riot replacement the next release and how long do we have to wait.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    167
    I really want one.. Can't decide grey or white. Wish the gray had the black links.

    What's the ballpark timeframe from preorder to ship date for the frame/fork set? Are we talking a few weeks or a few months?
    '18 Sentinel
    '19 GT Fury

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    We're expecting delivery late May/early June.

    Balances will be late April, early May.

    Quote Originally Posted by F.I.T.nj View Post
    I really want one.. Can't decide grey or white. Wish the gray had the black links.

    What's the ballpark timeframe from preorder to ship date for the frame/fork set? Are we talking a few weeks or a few months?
    Last edited by Canfield Bikes; 03-04-2020 at 11:25 AM.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    92
    After some thought I think this bike is pretty ground breaking. I haven't heard of anything else in this class. Think it could make a lot of sense for those who ride for the downs. Would love to try one. MRP Bartlett 190/190 "trail" build with 12sp would be cool.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ritopc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,471
    Does it pedal as good as The One? No other bike have ever pedaled as well as that bike. It was amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    86
    I'm going to have to sleep on this one. I was really hoping for another extreme rearward wheelpath bike, but I still ride my original variant of "The One" on a weekly basis and love it. I just picked up a 2017 Jedi to replace my 2009. I'd like to build another bike by summer - perhaps a new "The One" is right, or perhaps it's time for a Balance.

    I'm excited Canfield is back and I'm excited to see what's coming!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    You're picking up what we're putting down...

    Quote Originally Posted by pcro View Post
    After some thought I think this bike is pretty ground breaking. I haven't heard of anything else in this class. Think it could make a lot of sense for those who ride for the downs. Would love to try one. MRP Bartlett 190/190 "trail" build with 12sp would be cool.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    CBF is the real deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by ritopc View Post
    Does it pedal as good as The One? No other bike have ever pedaled as well as that bike. It was amazing!!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Skeeter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Canfield Bikes View Post
    We are working on some new AM/trail bikes, but they will be all-new. Not exactly a new Riot, but we think Riot fans will be stoked. Can't say much more for now...
    Fingers crossed that it's fairly soon!! I'm in pretty desperate need of a new trail bike at this point and I'd REALLY prefer to wait on the new CBF trail bike versus buying another brand, I just dont wanna miss out on half the upcoming riding season

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SingleSpeedSteven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    695
    Random question: Will those of us who have pre-ordered any of the new frames be getting updates on where things are at in the production process? Email or text? I am about to shit myself with excitement waiting.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: acfsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    335
    Canfield has come back with a vengeance and validates our faith of waiting it out. Although it wasn't much of a sacrifice if your already riding a skull bike! Looking forward to the next announcement of a 29er trail bike.
    Last edited by acfsportsfan; 03-04-2020 at 01:03 PM.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    238
    @Canfield Bikes, was the 27.5 wheels ran with a 29er fork or 27.5 fork for testing in 27.5?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by ritopc View Post
    Does it pedal as good as The One? No other bike have ever pedaled as well as that bike. It was amazing!!
    It's better- The ONE pedaled awesome for sure. But CBF was the next step.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 7HVN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    301
    Formula 1 Suspension vs CBF?
    Jedi still ruler of the universe?
    What say you Masters Champion


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    325
    This might be a stupid question; will a boost hub work with the 150 crop out? A lot of us are running boost hubs in the previous Canfields that were made for 142 but were able to make it fit due to the slight flex in the rear triangle. I'm drooling over this new One.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieM8 View Post
    This might be a stupid question; will a boost hub work with the 150 crop out? A lot of us are running boost hubs in the previous Canfields that were made for 142 but were able to make it fit due to the slight flex in the rear triangle. I'm drooling over this new One.
    You can probably get a kit. Oruse washers to make up a 2mm difference and redish the wheel

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    These will be later in the season. If the Balance isn't checking the box for you, we wouldn't want you to wait on anything else and miss out on riding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
    Fingers crossed that it's fairly soon!! I'm in pretty desperate need of a new trail bike at this point and I'd REALLY prefer to wait on the new CBF trail bike versus buying another brand, I just dont wanna miss out on half the upcoming riding season

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    We will be sending updates to pre-order customers as they become available. If you have any specific questions about your order, give us a shout at [email protected] and we'll look into for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSteven View Post
    Random question: Will those of us who have pre-ordered any of the new frames be getting updates on where things are at in the production process? Email or text? I am about to shit myself with excitement waiting.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    27.5 fork.

    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    @Canfield Bikes, was the 27.5 wheels ran with a 29er fork or 27.5 fork for testing in 27.5?

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    The Champ will probably have a personal take, but our answer is:

    Formula 1 suspension will still have an advantage through the rough stuff due to the rearward axle path, although the CBF is still be very active and plush. If you've ridden a Balance, you know it is no slouch through the chunk—so imagine what it can do with another 2 inches of travel! It will feel more like a "traditional" downhill bike to most people, with the exception that it will pedal MUCH better.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7HVN View Post
    Formula 1 Suspension vs CBF?
    Jedi still ruler of the universe?
    What say you Masters Champion


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    We wouldn't recommend it without some kind of kit or adaptor.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieM8 View Post
    This might be a stupid question; will a boost hub work with the 150 crop out? A lot of us are running boost hubs in the previous Canfields that were made for 142 but were able to make it fit due to the slight flex in the rear triangle. I'm drooling over this new One.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Skeeter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Canfield Bikes View Post
    These will be later in the season. If the Balance isn't checking the box for you, we wouldn't want you to wait on anything else and miss out on riding.
    Thanks for the honest response. The Balance might be "too much" bike for me but I'll take a look at the numbers again! I ride in your old stompin ground of Bham

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    228
    What is everyone thinking about sizing? Is there a size chart I missed somewhere? With bikes getting to long low and slack, I feel like the size 3 is the right one for me. I had a 2016 Jedi in large which felt small and a large 2017 Balance that fit but I probably could have made the xl work also. 6'1" here.

    I'm worried that the 3 may feel way too big, but looking at the numbers the 2 is barely bigger than my jedi was.

    Any thoughts?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    678
    If you have a V1 "ONE" then you will be really amazed at how good the V2 became, my wife has a V1 and they are pretty much AM bikes and while great, its not the best for serious decending. The V2 is a very versatile, capable bike doing anything but definitely shines going downhill where the lenght and travel potential come into play. I'm always amazed at how good it is at super tight, slow trails where you would think a long raked out bike would flounder but it does not. Also while the V1 puts the power down uphill its a shorter design that just does not hang in there as long on knarly stuff, in my case having a double crown fork makes the front heavy so it will always steer uphill where many bikes cant keep the front down.
    I cant imagine a V1 owner not loving a V2 and therefore the new ONE too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel O. View Post
    I'm going to have to sleep on this one. I was really hoping for another extreme rearward wheelpath bike, but I still ride my original variant of "The One" on a weekly basis and love it. I just picked up a 2017 Jedi to replace my 2009. I'd like to build another bike by summer - perhaps a new "The One" is right, or perhaps it's time for a Balance.

    I'm excited Canfield is back and I'm excited to see what's coming!
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    72
    There's some personal preference for sure. ONE.2 has bigger jumps between sizes and at your height you could go Size 2 or 3. We're working on getting some sizing charts together, but feel free to give us a call if you want to talk through recommendations.

    Quote Originally Posted by flatlandersk View Post
    What is everyone thinking about sizing? Is there a size chart I missed somewhere? With bikes getting to long low and slack, I feel like the size 3 is the right one for me. I had a 2016 Jedi in large which felt small and a large 2017 Balance that fit but I probably could have made the xl work also. 6'1" here.

    I'm worried that the 3 may feel way too big, but looking at the numbers the 2 is barely bigger than my jedi was.

    Any thoughts?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2020, 06:31 PM
  2. Licensing CBF.... something new
    By GlennW in forum Canfield
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-30-2019, 03:13 PM
  3. Trying to understand CBF
    By jaks in forum Canfield
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-21-2019, 10:39 AM
  4. Riot - Shock Tuning for CBF
    By Fancy in forum Canfield
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2019, 11:26 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2018, 05:02 AM

Members who have read this thread: 143

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.