• 07-06-2008
    MattP.
    How many Canfields are there?
    Chris or Lance,

I know that you guys only do small runs of the frames, but do you have a rough number? Like how many Can Diggles have been made, Ones, ect.

Just curious, I've only seen 2 other Canfields in real life, and both are from this board. :thumbsup:
  • 07-08-2008
    softailteamrider
    ..uuhhh Matt, I m still waiting mine to arrive at my LBS here in south east asia... ! :mad:
  • 07-08-2008
    Secace
    This is actually an interesting question I've always wondered myself. I ride a F1 and have only seen one other in all the years I've been DH'ing.
  • 07-08-2008
    FBC2008
    I see them all the time in utah- oh wait that is where canfields are based- just kidding
  • 07-08-2008
    Bortis Yelltzen
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FBC2008
    I see them all the time in utah- oh wait that is where canfields are based- just kidding

One more in UT. I buy used though. :thumbsup:

B
  • 07-08-2008
    kenbentit
    I kinda like not seeing every other guy riding what I'm on. I only know of 2 others in AZ, all Balance frames. Always wanted to try the Lucky, curious to see how different it is from mine...
  • 07-09-2008
    DickemDown
    Canfields are sic! I'M CANFIELD FOR LIFE!

I have a Lucky and when the Jedi came out, I couldn't help myself. Now I just have to ditch my Yeti 575 for the One or the Sauce, and I'll have the hat trick.
  • 07-10-2008
    aenema
    I have 3 hopefully 2 soon
    Ride a Balance as my do everything, trail bike. And have a Jedi for the really fun stuff. Have an older F1 as well but trying to sell it. I'm in Boise ID and my brother in law also picked up a Balance but in aluminum trim after riding mine.
  • 07-16-2008
    flymybike
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MattP.
    Chris or Lance,

I know that you guys only do small runs of the frames, but do you have a rough number? Like how many Can Diggles have been made, Ones, ect.

Just curious, I've only seen 2 other Canfields in real life, and both are from this board. :thumbsup:

There are 50 CanDiggles, 150 One frames and 100 Jedi's.
  • 07-17-2008
    motoguru2007
    Fly,

Are you going to be at Interbike dirt demo with the Diggle, and One? I would love to try em!

Thanks
  • 07-18-2008
    loolilon
    1 Attachment(s)
    im the only one that rides a jadi in israel
    im the only one that ride a canfield in israel
    now thats a cool feeling evry one is looking at you like you are a ufo...
  • 07-21-2008
    flymybike
    Good looking hit. How's your Jedi working out for you?

motoguru - We will be at the demo with bikes to test. Shoot us an e-mail to make sure we hook up or call Chris on the company number.
  • 07-21-2008
    MattP.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by flymybike
    Good looking hit. How's your Jedi working out for you?

motoguru - We will be at the demo with bikes to test. Shoot us an e-mail to make sure we hook up or call Chris on the company number.

Lance/Chris.

How many Canfields are produced roughly yearly, and how many Diggles were produced, how many Ones, ect?
  • 07-23-2008
    flymybike
    you must have missed it.
    Quote:

There are 50 CanDiggles, 150 One frames and 100 Jedi's.

up a few posts
  • 07-23-2008
    MattP.
    Quote:

up a few posts

Haha, yup, I missed it.

Wow, that's not many, good to hear though! :thumbsup:
  • 07-26-2008
    loolilon
    super
    the bike is amazing the only change that i did was replacing the 500 l spring into a softer one 400 thou I'm a 210 l rider i felt that the rear was stiff
    the energy that the reward travel creates is amazing landing softer after drops corner like a knife and i never had a foreplay with the bike first run i was pushing hard an felt like at home safe and easy
    every time I'm riding I'm happy that's the idea is it
  • 07-28-2008
    William42
    looking forward to joining the flock, talked to chris about getting a lucky today, I love the way my glory feels but I've been jonesing for a canfield since I got into biking. After riding around on the jedi at sea otter I was pretty sure I needed one :) went on their website, saw they were trying to unload the last of their luckys (had been thinking I'd get a jedi or balance), called up chris, and talked to him about the lucky. Turns out it has my ideal geometry, they're getting me a great price, and I can transfer everything on my current bike over. Totally psyched
  • 07-28-2008
    Bortis Yelltzen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by William42
    looking forward to joining the flock, talked to chris about getting a lucky today, I love the way my glory feels but I've been jonesing for a canfield since I got into biking. After riding around on the jedi at sea otter I was pretty sure I needed one :) went on their website, saw they were trying to unload the last of their luckys (had been thinking I'd get a jedi or balance), called up chris, and talked to him about the lucky. Turns out it has my ideal geometry, they're getting me a great price, and I can transfer everything on my current bike over. Totally psyched

I'm pretty happy with my Lucky, but it rides so well I'm really curious how nice the Jedi is, I'm betting the Jedi is unreal because the Lucky is no slouch.

The Lucky is low and super burly, my set-up is probably running over 45 lbs. I hit my pedals and bash guard a lot in the deep dust ruts and rocks at Deer Valley here in UT but I really like the low slug ride and how it corners. I'm not sure how much rearward travel it has compared to other Canfields, but it takes hits well and seems to still track the ground OK during braking. I am running mine in 8" mode with an Avy Woodie and 888 RC3 (pic above in this thread) and am liking it, sometimes I wish the HA was a little slacker. How are you planning on running your Lucky? 7" and 7" or 8" and 8"?

Cheers,
    B
  • 07-28-2008
    William42
    i'll probably switch it around. I got a 08 66 rc3 that I'm thinking I might convert to ATA, either way i'll be running 180 in the front, probably 180 in the rear most of the time. Given my current build (38 lb glory) I'm hoping I can hit 35-36 with this bugger. I'll post pics once I get it!
  • 09-28-2009
    essenmeinstuff
    I wonder how many lucky's were made?? :D
  • 09-28-2009
    cSquared
    Canfield Brothers was started 10 years ago almost to the day-!
    2- Big Fat Fatty Fat's
    17- Fatty Fat's
    8-Signature frames- (4130 front triangle 10" frames- ie benders secret weapon, all of them custom and very different.)
    50- lineaer Formula 1's
    50- Progressive F1's
    50 Balance's
    50 Lucky''s
    190 Jedi's
    15- Can-Can's
    35 Sauces
    150 ONE's
    50 Can-Diggles
    6- Proto's of different models( 1st One suspension frame- XC balance with one sided lower link, 4130 lucky- a couple of 4130 F1's)
    6- 1st Sample Nimble 9's
    679 total Canfield Brothers frames
    Cheers
    Chris
  • 09-28-2009
    essenmeinstuff
    Cool thanks!

Since I got the lucky I've been eyeing up the Can Can as a heavy duty trail bike to compliment the bigger bike for next season (lol), the geo looks good, kinda surprised there are only 15 of em kicking around!

Whats the deal there, is it just not worth it to go to the 6" frame compared to the one?
  • 12-07-2009
    tatankainlondon
    I own the only Canfield Jedi and CanCan in Poland:

Jedi:

and CanCan:

Happy times :)