How does old Jedi hold up?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

How does old Jedi hold up?

Been thinking of getting a used jedi, 2014 model with 26" wheels. Just looking for a project/beater DH bike to dick around on and give my enduro bike a break from the bike park.

Do these hold up, any known issues with them? The one I'm looking at has newer parts, but frame is 2014, wondering if there are any known issues or how hard replacement bearing kits are to obtain? I know a lot of companies stop supporting bikes that are more than a few years old and it came be very hard to get the correct replacements for linkages/bolts/bearings.

Reviews make it sound like the type of bike I want, that can just plow roots/rocks. I'm not looking to race or anything, just something reliable/fun. Have quite a few older XC/trail bikes, but never had a DH bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tedmasta View Post
    Been thinking of getting a used jedi, 2014 model with 26" wheels. Just looking for a project/beater DH bike to dick around on and give my enduro bike a break from the bike park.

Do these hold up, any known issues with them? The one I'm looking at has newer parts, but frame is 2014, wondering if there are any known issues or how hard replacement bearing kits are to obtain? I know a lot of companies stop supporting bikes that are more than a few years old and it came be very hard to get the correct replacements for linkages/bolts/bearings.

Reviews make it sound like the type of bike I want, that can just plow roots/rocks. I'm not looking to race or anything, just something reliable/fun. Have quite a few older XC/trail bikes, but never had a DH bike.
    I have put three hard seasons on the 2012 I picked up used. The frame has held up fine. The bearings are still smooth. Up until Canfield brothers became Canfield bikes, they had linkages and bearings lasted for the 26 inch Jedis. I donít see them on the site now. You might call and ask.

I really love mine. Not the nimblest in the air, but for rough and fast it is a blast and it handles drops really well. I find I need to be aggressive about pushing the bike down in berms as the wheel base stays longer under compression (why it feels so stable in the rough). But that becomes second nature after a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's just a flesh wound!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    The 2014 Jedi (https://canfieldbikes.com/pages/2014-canfield-jedi-26) uses the same service parts as the 2015 - 2017 Jedi (https://canfieldbikes.com/pages/2015-2017-canfield-jedi).

You can check out Jedi replacement parts here (https://canfieldbikes.com/collection...-service-parts), and if you don't see something, give us a shout. There are a few items we don't list on the site because we don't have many, but save them for customers who are looking.

We aren't stocking bearings, but they are a 20mm pivot bearing. We recommend Enduro Max or similar (specifically designed for suspension linkage, i.e. low rotation/high side-load). Super easy to find at your local bike shop or online.

Bike should be super solid aside from general maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by tedmasta View Post