Help with Jedi Chain guide- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Help with Jedi Chain guide

I need some help with the chain guide set up on the Jedi. I'm running a Saint crankset using 2 spacers on the drive side bb and 1 on the other. With the chain guide installed without the washers, the front guide doesn't have enough clearance with the chain but the rear is perfectly centered. If I add the washers, the front is ok but the rear won't clear the chain. What do I do?

Commit or eat sh!t
    Not sure which year Saints you are using, but for the newer Saints, CC told me to use 1 spacer on drive side, and 2 on the non-drive side. With the MRP G2 (I had to use spacers), this setup works perfectly, and haven't had any problems for the past year.

mtbr member

Older Saints

I just set up a Jedi with the M805 Saints and used (1) spacer on the drive side and (2) on the non-drive side. I am using the E-13 LG1 and am using a gold spacer (1mm) combined with a black spacer (2mm). I am also using a 1mm spacer on the idler guide.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Cableguy: I'm using the M815 Saint cranks. OK, I'll try using 1 spacer on the drive side and 2 on the non drive side. This will however bring the crank to chainstay clearance on the right side pretty thin. Is that how yours look?

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy
    Cableguy: I'm using the M815 Saint cranks. OK, I'll try using 1 spacer on the drive side and 2 on the non drive side. This will however bring the crank to chainstay clearance on the right side pretty thin. Is that how yours look?
    I have about 1cm worth (maybe a little less) of clearance with my M815 and medium Jedi. Like I said, this was what Chris Canfield told me to do, and worked great.

Members who have read this thread: 0