Computer suspension simulation for Jedi- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Computer suspension simulation for Jedi

Anyone seen this or is it old news? Accurate representation of Jedi suspension movement?

Canfield Bikes
    Who knows if the numbers are right but it looks close enough visually.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think it helps people comparing the Jedi to the Banshee MK legend to see the difference in wheelpath.

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    I think it helps people comparing the Jedi to the Banshee MK legend to see the difference in wheelpath.
    I think this is what your looking for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Computer suspension simulation for Jedi-banshee-legend-mk2-2010_axlepath.jpg  

Computer suspension simulation for Jedi-banshee-legend-mk2-2010_chain.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That's better! Thanks.

More rearward wheel-path, less chain-growth. To anybody just looking at the glossy internet pictures, it may otherwise look like the same frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I know the benefits of the rear wheel movement but what other then "bob" and suspension stiffening under braking , is the significance of the lack of chain growth in the second graph. Extreme chain lengthing is bad as with long travel single pivots. Is the idler you use helping with this?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think pedal feedback from chaingrowth is the issue (I suppose you could say the opposite, that pedaling induces chain shortening?). When you pedal a high, single pivot and it hits a bump, you feel it in the pedals, when you land a jump and the suspension compresses, you feel the bike accelerate - sometimes to the point you get off balance.

The idler, as I understand it, is designed specifically for this. It's not perfect as the Jedi is not a simple single pivot and therefore, there isn't a single fixed point to put an idler (see Superco Silencer for instance), but it seems to help alot in my limited experience on the bike.

a tight kick sound
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    I think this is what your looking for.

Whoaaaaa dang....

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

The One Chain Growth

Flymybike
    Can you do that for the new ONE as well
    Thanks

Canfield Bikes
    You can see the Jedi and One are very different bikes. The Jedi is a Dh bump machine designed to help fast riders push it that much more. The One is more of a do it all bike, great pedaling with more of a conventional axle path and able to run 1-2- or 3 rings. Great for railing burms and jumping, FR is it's speciality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Computer suspension simulation for Jedi-canfield-one-190mm-proto-test-2011_axlepath.jpg  

Computer suspension simulation for Jedi-canfield-one-190mm-proto-test-2011_chain.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Chain growth

Flymybike
    Wow. The idler really seems to allow you to do the impossible. Huge rarward travel with essentially no chain growth. the Jedi must be an awesome bike to ride.

-With regards to the ONE how does it pedal up slow steep technical climbs in the small chainring?
    -Hammerschmit?
    -Any chance you will be building a 140mm travel bike along the lines of the Banshee Spitfire but without the kick back in the small chainring knocking ones foot of the pedal ever 20m.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c-rider

-With regards to the ONE how does it pedal up slow steep technical climbs in the small chainring?
    I have the previous version of the one and in that regards it excels in the small and middle chainring. I mostly use the middle chainring but do not at a disadvantage if I am more tired and shift down to the small chainring.

I also would like to have a smaller version of the new One. It's a gorgeous looking machine.

Members who have read this thread: 0