Canfield Sauce help needed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Canfield Sauce help needed

This frame is on my very short list (together with a DW Turner 5Spot and Banshee Spitfire)

I am looking for a Trail / AM frame with a slack head angle and suspension system that would not bob when pedaling out of the saddle. (like DW suspension)

In order to make it as slack as possible I would like to fit a 7.5" X 2" shock on it and use it only in the 5" travel setting as the 6" travel setting would not work with a shorter shock.
    To verify this, I need to know the minimal E2E measurement at full travel, just before the suspension or the tire hits the frame. (with shock removed of course)

I would like to fit a Fox 36 Float R on it (535 mm A2C), would a medium size frame have clearnce issues with the fork?

Thanks in advance

Saar
    A different angle on bikes:
    www.ofanaim.net/has.html

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Bump. Thoughts? Still have the frame? I have been on a search for a size small to do the same thing.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Spoke to Lance about this and he said its a no go. The link geo is has to be in the sweet spot or the bike will ride like crap. That being said. I have been on the Sacue for 3 years now and it rides very will for the type of riding I do.
    You will have to run a Cane Creek +5mm head set in order for the fork to clear the down tube.
    VM
    DH CBros One 11
    XC CBros Sauce
    29" CBros Nimble 9
    4x Staats
    BMX Specialized S-Works 20
    Road Specialized Allez cromo

mtbr member
    May 2004
    + putting a 36 on it would kill the frame in short order. I had my Sauce for 3 months, running a Nixon 160, before it cracked the head tube. But oh man, the bike was killer. I can honestly say it's the best bike I have ever had. If they would only bring out a more reenforced version of it (ala Can-Can) I would be all over it.

I can only hope

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I would love to think that such a thing as an updated Sauce would/could be in the works also... I'd be all over it too.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Members who have read this thread: 0