Canfield Ride stoke- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Canfield Ride stoke

Sorry, no pictures this time, I'll snag some next time I'm out. Riding was stagnating because I've been riding the same trails over and over and they're not particularly DH type trails, more like jumpy shuttleable AM trails. I still was having a great time on my bike, but with a BB height of 13.8 with 8 inches of travel an a 65 degree HA, and a super long WB, it was just too much to handle on the tighter little bike trails I've been riding in NorCal. Still fun for the occasional huck and high speed section, but really just too much bike. Been jonesing real bad for northstar to open up again.

Finally got to take it down to SoCal for some real DH trails (tunnel anybody?) and my fycking god this bike...HOLY FYCK. So much fun. With the CCDB and boxxer WC, I find myself just repeating "fyck it, I'll go faster!" over and over, and suddenly I'm jumping and floating over entire rock sections that had previously bogged me down. It handles rocks like a champ. It never bogs down, and it doesn't feel harsh. It plows. I can flick it. It gobbles up rocks. It sits back when I brake, and the geometry feels perfect. It floats when I want it to. It smashes when necessary. Its stiff as an iron fist, and drifts perfectly. It ramps up smoothly through the travel - no unnecessary plushness at the start, with sudden ramping for those "oh fyck" moments. Just smooth, controlled, predictable ramping that ends up fairly stiff. It doesn't pedal amazingly - who gives a fyck. It flies on the DH sections and pedals well enough.

My love for this bike is renewed. I can't imagine how a bike could possibly be better.

Oh, and I still haven't touched the pivots since I built it, pulled the shock the other day, and it still moves smooth as a babies bottom, and stiffer (laterally) then a horses erect cock. Not the quietest bike I've ever ridden, driveside chainstay/seatstay arch sits close to the chain, can't quiet the rattling, but I barely notice it once I'm riding, and its far from the loudest bike I've ever ridden. Loud bikes bother me. This one doesn't.

Thanks Chris and Lance, I'm on my favorite bike in the world, and I'm feeling lucky! My stoke on this bike is renewed. Incredible work. I'll have to test ride a jedi at sea otter.

mtbr member
    Dont do it. You will then NEEED a Jedi!! I cant wait to get one myself. But first is first, need to get my AM bike built up....One.

mtbr member
    OK that is a bit too much info on the lateral stiffness of a male horses genitalia...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Playdeep
    Dont do it. You will then NEEED a Jedi!! I cant wait to get one myself. But first is first, need to get my AM bike built up....One.
    Hahah, we'll see, if it needs to happen it needs to happen. I know I'm giving up a bit on bump absorbtion and tracking with the lucky that the jedi will give me (or the new DW DHR ) but it manages to do everything else I want it to so damn well that I'm willing to sacrifice that. From what I can tell, the main changes to the jedi are the things I like most about the lucky (yah, I have weird preferences for what I want my bikes to do )

We'll see what happens when sea otter rolls around

Roll on Spring Time!
    Maybe he is more enlightened than us, mmmmm. A bit concerning either way.

mtbr member
    Will, I am glad you love the Lucky so much my man. Sweet. About time we are happy with what we have. I am sure I will feel the same way when I get my Canfields.

Members who have read this thread: 0