Canfield Clearance Sale- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Canfield Clearance Sale

Canfield Brothers are doing a frame clearance sale on all Sauce and The One bikes. Frames are marked down to $1200 with shock. The One is available in powder coat white or anodized gray with a Fox RC4 or Marzocchi Roco Air WC. The Sauce is available in Champaign Anodize with a Fox RP23. Both frames are available in all sizes.

There are a few remaining Lucky and Balance frames. They are also $1200 with Fox RC4. Call for sizes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Wow Now that is a sweet deal! I'm loving my Sauce (writeup to follow shortly).

Chris

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Jeeze, dropping the price by $1000?

mtbr member
    Im waiting for a small Jedi on sale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow, wonder if they've got a one/sauce replacement in the wings?

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    Im waiting for a small Jedi on sale.
    You will prob be waiting a long time, Jedi's do not go on clearance I could be wrong (would not be the first time) but I have never seen it.

mtbr member
    if this sale had been going on about 4 months ago I would be rocking a grey ano One with the Fox DHXRC4 shock, and probably a Totem or something dual crown, rather than the Rune with an ISX6 and a 36VANRC2.
    if a large Jedi went on sale though, I might just have to get a new rear wheel and fork and headset and bottom bracket. I've been drooling over those things for so long. and like so many of the things I've been drooling over, it probably won't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg
    if this sale had been going on about 4 months ago I would be rocking a grey ano One with the Fox DHXRC4 shock, and probably a Totem or something dual crown,
    No you wouldn't, or rather, you would be pretty unhappy if you did. My Totem cracked my One frame, and I was told afterwards by Chris that you can't run a fork longer than 160mm on the One, despite what all their documentation says.

You might as well stick with the Rune if you want a longer travel fork.

7MGTE

Diggle is what you need

Quote Originally Posted by bioport
    No you wouldn't, or rather, you would be pretty unhappy if you did. My Totem cracked my One frame, and I was told afterwards by Chris that you can't run a fork longer than 160mm on the One, despite what all their documentation says.

You might as well stick with the Rune if you want a longer travel fork.
    I looked for documentation you speak of and could not find it. I called Chris one time and said man should I run a dual crown on my One? He was like WHAT? Chris stated why the hell would you want to do that? I told him needed more and 160MM and since One was 7 / 8 why not? Chris made it VERY clear never to put a dual crown on the One it would not be covered under warr. I later got it in my head I wanted a Totem and called CBs again. Chris stated nope do not do it stay with your 160MM fork. He went on to say good all around bike but its mainly a AM/XC bike. He stated if I wanted little more to get a Diggle or just man up and get a Jedi. Chris is right I have done 16-18 foot drops on my One over and over again and she is still doing great with a 160MM fork (Talas air fork at that even).

So if you want a longer travel bike like the One maybe try the Diggle. I would say just save up and go for the Jedi and never look back

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

score.....

Chris sent me a large ONE with the Fox DHx4, Stout lower link and 12mm Maxle rear triangle. Looking forward to the build Even more Jazzed for the ride

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    I looked for documentation you speak of and could not find it. ...:
    On their website the <i>recommended </i>fork for the One is 6-7" and in the geometry section measurements are included for the Marz 66 and Totem.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    On their website the <i>recommended </i>fork for the One is 6-7" and in the geometry section measurements are included for the Marz 66 and Totem.
    I did see that but my point was when calling Chris Canfield he always made sure I was on a 160MM fork for the One. Basically I called the MFG before trying to bolt on a bigger fork. I think the One works fine with a 160MM fork but that is just me. I use my One mainly as a XC/AM bike since I have a Jedi.

Sucks your frame cracked hope you got a Diggle for a replacement.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Not only that, but in their "manual", it states:

"A fork like a RockShox Totem or Marzocchi 66 with a length of 565mm gives the One a head tube angle of 66.6 degrees...Any fork longer than 565mm will void your warranty."

I'm not calling that a recommendation, but it certainly doesnt say that you CAN'T run a 180mm fork.

This is all moot unfortunately. They are blowing out the One frames, discontinuing the Diggle, and redesigning the One. This is why they wont upgrade anyone to a Diggle front triangle, there aren't any more (actually, there is one more small frame left, but that doesn't help anyone normal size). They know there is a problem, and thankfully they are doing something about it.

mtbr member
    You will prob be waiting a long time, Jedi's do not go on clearance I could be wrong (would not be the first time) but I have never seen it.
    Not waiting for a new frame anymore. I got a 951 on the way instead. Too bad Jedis never go on sale... got a killer price on a 951.

mtbr member
    Not waiting for a new frame anymore. I got a 951 on the way instead. Too bad Jedis never go on sale... got a killer price on a 951.

Is this how you solved your Hammershidt problem? That is freaking awesome if so. It does make for a bit of a pricey crank set though.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity
    Is this how you solved your Hammershidt problem? That is freaking awesome if so. It does make for a bit of a pricey crank set though.
    Yep, I didnt want to wait for the backing plate for the Jedi and my HammerSchmidt was collecting dust. I still wish the Jedi would have gone on sale though. Oh well, the 951 will have to do.

7MGTE
    I hear you, but people do not usually buy a Jedi because "its on sale" . They buy the bike because it is the fastest DH bike in the world. Until you own, or ride a Jedi you would not understand. The bike is truly amazing

I should have pointed out on my orig. post that 08 Jedi was about 2699.99 (about) and the 09s are 3150.00 (about). This was due to new rear t and upper linkage updates. What that gave us (well 09 Jedi owners) is even better bike that was already the best bike money could buy (IMO). So its possible, but I would not see why the Jedi's would go on sale. That iswhat I was pointing out, it just did not come off to well with text

No worries in the end we all have to be happy with our purchase and i am sure you are. For some only the best will do and they will opt for the Jedi while others will be totally happy with a good bike that's on sale (I get that). Anyway I look forward to your pics in the DH section when your 951 is done.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    Chris sent me a large ONE with the Fox DHx4, Stout lower link and 12mm Maxle rear triangle. Looking forward to the build Even more Jazzed for the ride

so AZ, replacing or adding to the stable?

I hear you, but people do not usually buy a Jedi because "its on sale" . They buy the bike because it is the fastest DH bike in the world. Until you own, or ride a Jedi you would not understand. The bike is truly amazing

I should have pointed out on my orig. post that 08 Jedi was about 2699.99 (about) and the 09s are 3150.00 (about). This was due to new rear t and upper linkage updates. What that gave us (well 09 Jedi owners) is even better bike that was already the best bike money could buy (IMO). So its possible, but I would not see why the Jedi's would go on sale. That iswhat I was pointing out, it just did not come off to well with text

No worries in the end we all have to be happy with our purchase and i am sure you are. For some only the best will do and they will opt for the Jedi while others will be totally happy with a good bike that's on sale (I get that). Anyway I look forward to your pics in the DH section when your 951 is done.
    man...that is a bold statement right there...

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

replacing the '05 575

Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    so AZ, replacing or adding to the stable?
    After almost 5 years... my Tangerine Dream 575 is going up for sale. The ONE will be my 'big' bike with the '09 Zocchi 66rc3 up front.

After almost 5 years... my Tangerine Dream 575 is going up for sale. The ONE will be my 'big' bike with the '09 Zocchi 66rc3 up front.
    well the Tangerine Dream has been good to you, must be hard to see it go

The One sounds like a great addition to the stable

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Enjoy your soon-to-be broken frame with that fork. There are several of us here in AZ who have broken this frame......

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

Change in plans

Enjoy your soon-to-be broken frame with that fork. There are several of us here in AZ who have broken this frame......
    I went with a RS Lyrik instead. Bought a Can Diggle for the 66rc3. Did you get replacement front triangles? I'm curious as to how good the CS is from the two brothers. Chris certainly sounded like he'd take care of his customers over the phone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Customer service was excellent, Chris Canfield is truly a great guy. I just wish I could have gotten a replacement that would allow for a 180mm fork, but the Can-Diggles are out of stock except for smalls, and apparently they are phasing them out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    .....Sucks your frame cracked hope you got a Diggle for a replacement.
    ?? Do I know you? I have never posted that my frame cracked on the internet, I didn't want to hurt the reputation of the Canfield brothers. And very few of my riding buddies knew either. Are you an insider or is there a lot of frames cracking.
    Not only that, but in their "manual", it states:

"A fork like a RockShox Totem or Marzocchi 66 with a length of 565mm gives the One a head tube angle of 66.6 degrees...Any fork longer than 565mm will void your warranty."

I'm not calling that a recommendation, but it certainly doesnt say that you CAN'T run a 180mm fork.......
    Ya <b>this thread</b> is the <i>first</i> time I've heard that you can't run a 180mm fork on a One. My frame cracked at the seatpost/toptube junction (5" of insertion FSA fr200 post) so Chris didn't bother to ask what fork I was using.
    Customer service was excellent, Chris Canfield is truly a great guy. ....
    Agreed, sent the frame off on a Monday, received replacement that same week Friday, riding again Sunday.
    ...I just wish I could have gotten a replacement that would allow for a 180mm fork, but the Can-Diggles are out of stock except for smalls, and apparently they are phasing them out.
    After reading this thread wishing for a diggler too.

7MGTE
    ?? Do I know you? I have never posted that my frame cracked on the internet, I didn't want to hurt the reputation of the Canfield brothers. And very few of my riding buddies knew either. Are you an insider or is there a lot of frames cracking.
    Wow, easy there. Ok I will try again.

I did see that but my point was when calling Chris Canfield he always made sure I was on a 160MM fork for the One. Basically I called the MFG before trying to bolt on a bigger fork. I think the One works fine with a 160MM fork but that is just me. I use my One mainly as a XC/AM bike since I have a Jedi.

That was for you ^^^^^

Then new paragraph for person who started thread but I guess that was not clear enough for you. Why would I be saying this to you if you did not post your frame was broken? Could be I was not talking to you but sorry if I confused you it was not my intention.

Sucks your frame cracked hope you got a Diggle for a replacement.

Hope that works better for you Ratt but no I do not think you know me. If you come this way however shoot me a PM I will show you some of our better stuff XC,AM,DH whatever you feel like riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Remaining balance frames?
    Anyone got a link to spec on those?
    Quote Originally Posted by sickspeed16
    Your not all mountain unless your runnin' crushed dew cans..
    '12 Scalpel 29er Carbon 1
    '13 SuperSix EVO Red Racing

Members who have read this thread: 0