Can Diggle Pics?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Can Diggle Pics?

Hey all,

Does anyone have a pic of a Can Diggle built up? I realize they aren't released yet, but I was hoping there was a pic floating around.

And also, what is so special about "The One" suspension? What makes it such a good climbing? Enlighten me!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Also, any geometry for the Diggle at 7" mode w/ a 7" fork?

Pivotal figure
    I haven't gotten to ride any of the bikes with "The One" suspension but I do have a Balance which is an earlier version. The suspension is basically a different version of what the DW link does, stops suspension bob while pedalling but remains supple. My friend has an Iron Horse with the DW setup and after riding my Canfield he felt that this design was even better at reducing bob. I have the pro-pedal on my shock turned all the way off and even with the sag set close to 33% I get no bob while pedaling, even during hard out of the saddle efforts. All this translates into better efficiency for climbing since you aren't fighting the suspension movement. More energy gets devoted into forward movement and that is a good thing I'm still amazed at how well this design works. I do get some pedal feedback in the granny ring but it's manageable, not as pronounced as my old Bullit..
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Beuller, Beuller?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkgriswald
    a) Doesn't show any pics of the Can Diggle built up

b) Doesn't show gemoetry w/ a 7" fork.

So no, the website doesn't answer any of my questions.

Canfield Bikes
    Hey Matt
    We are finishing the production, then we will update the site with actual pictures and all the specs. I don't have a full built frame yet, it will be around the end of the month before I have one fully assembled. If everyone knew how it worked we wouldn't have the best working suspension. If you call Chris, he can help you understand the aspects of why it is such a good climber. He's on Skype too under CanfieldBikes. I'm in the middle of finishing production so I haven't had the time to hang out in here but after I get this wrapped up I'll try to explain better.
    Here are the specs for a Can-Diggle in 7" mode. With a 7" fork the head angle will be about 1 degree steeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    Hey Matt
    We are finishing the production, then we will update the site with actual pictures and all the specs. I don't have a full built frame yet, it will be around the end of the month before I have one fully assembled. If everyone knew how it worked we wouldn't have the best working suspension. If you call Chris, he can help you understand the aspects of why it is such a good climber. He's on Skype too under CanfieldBikes. I'm in the middle of finishing production so I haven't had the time to hang out in here but after I get this wrapped up I'll try to explain better.
    Here are the specs for a Can-Diggle in 7" mode. With a 7" fork the head angle will be about 1 degree steeper.
    Lacce,

Thanks for posting that! Seems more elaborate than the one on the site (?). Regardless, I sold my Blindside today, so I should be placing my pre order in the next couple days

-> SickLines.com <-

A few of the many link color options available on the bike. Prepare to be amazed on how these things ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker

A few of the many link color options available on the bike. Prepare to be amazed on how these things ride.
    Seems like you link isn't working... Based on your statement, you have had the chance to try one out?

EDIT- working now, very nice!
    Last edited by MattP.; 03-15-2008 at 06:13 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Any more info on these bikes, can't wait to hear more about them they look fantastic.
    I'm thinking about ordering one up just unsure of what size to go for, I'm just over 6ft, I was thinking of ordering a medium, only think bothering me is the top tube is an inch shorter than my rotec or do I go for a large can diggle instead.
    I'm loving those purple links or they do some lime green ones as well!!
    Last edited by bobodaclown; 03-31-2008 at 12:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

sicklines

should be having a review posted soon about the ONE.

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MattP.
    Lacce,

Thanks for posting that! Seems more elaborate than the one on the site (?). Regardless, I sold my Blindside today, so I should be placing my pre order in the next couple days
    We have a new site that will have all the new geometry sheets in both travel settings and pictures of frame only as well as full built bikes. We just finished production and are trying to get out product shots so we can launch the new site. Pics in a few days.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    We have a new site that will have all the new geometry sheets in both travel settings and pictures of frame only as well as full built bikes. We just finished production and are trying to get out product shots so we can launch the new site. Pics in a few days.
    Cheers
    Awesome. I'm waiting for Chris to call my shop, so I can order a Can Diggle. I'm tempted to just call you guys.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Any chance you guys might be at Fruita Fat Tire Festival with some demo bikes?
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

Canfield Bikes
    We will be at SeaOtter with all five bikes in our line up. Come take them for a spin! I have a Sauce and a One full build done and I'm waiting on headsets and wheels to finish the CanCan and CanDiggle. The F1 Jedi will be here on Wedsday. So excited to get them built, the CanCan is so HOT. It's silver with lime green links, it a stab you in the eye color! PIMP

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    We will be at SeaOtter with all five bikes in our line up. Come take them for a spin! I have a Sauce and a One full build done and I'm waiting on headsets and wheels to finish the CanCan and CanDiggle. The F1 Jedi will be here on Wedsday. So excited to get them built, the CanCan is so HOT. It's silver with lime green links, it a stab you in the eye color! PIMP
    Awesome, I'll have to stop by and meet you guys in person. I think there is a chance my Can Diggle will be built by then

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Canfield Bros:

I take it the leverage ration on the can diggle is 2.8 to 1 in 7" setting from what I hear. Does the suspension ramp/progress with the stroke since 2 to 1 is ideal. Are there bearings or bushings at the pivots?

You bros. are going to sell a load of these bikes.

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Techz
    Canfield Bros:

I take it the leverage ration on the can diggle is 2.8 to 1 in 7" setting from what I hear. Does the suspension ramp/progress with the stroke since 2 to 1 is ideal. Are there bearings or bushings at the pivots?

You bros. are going to sell a load of these bikes.

Techz,
    The leverage in 7" is 2.8. The suspension is slightly progressive. Feels great. The pivots are all max bearings. 8mm in the upper link and 20mm in the lower.
    Cheers
    C2

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Canfield Bros:

I take it the leverage ration on the can diggle is 2.8 to 1 in 7" setting from what I hear. Does the suspension ramp/progress with the stroke since 2 to 1 is ideal.
    Why is 2 to 1 ideal? For what type of riding? Is it ideal with all suspension types; Four-bar, faux-bar, single pivot, parallel link, VPP, etc.?
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

ideal for a frame manufacturers

Who already have a 2:1 frame and is trying to market it to the public. It is ideal to them for you to buy into it and thus think you need one. Also, it is ideal for those clydesdale riders out there, (well into the 200lbs) who have to buy such heavy springs for their frames with higher leverage ratios.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    No sales pitch here. My bike is 2.3 to 1 and previous bike was either 3 to 1 or 2.8 to 1.

I am not a frame builder or designer just enjoy bikes and I do not own a Foes.

Supposedly and from what I have read aenema is right and alot of it is marketing by high dollar manufacturers. In addition, a 2 to 1 ratio has better small bump compliance and for some reason gives that "bottomless" feel to smaller travel bikes. With higher leverage ratios a higher spring rate must be used which may be hard on pivots and the overall suspension.

A progessive suspension will also give the bottomless feel as the stiffness through the suspension stroke increases.

Canfield Bikes
    2.64 to 1 leverage overall, 185mm travel / 70 stoke = 2.64
    2.86 to 2.51 is the range of leverage in 7" mode.
    Techz, I think your thinking it through backwards. The higher the leverage ratio, the easier it is to compress, so better small bump compliance (all bumps really). A low leverage feels like it packs up with a stock shock. It is hard to find light springs for riders under 150 lbs and requires special valving for the shock but is good for heavy riders and harsh bottomouts.
    The bottomless progressive feel your taking about is also discribed by not getting full travel. If it overly progressing or overly regressive, it's going to feel poor. Most manufactures have gone full circle, regessive to overly progressive and back to a straight rate or very slightly progressive. We are slightly progressive and have a normal (8") and moderate (7") leverage rate.

Canfield Bikes
    Putting it together now.

mtbr member
    yumi!!!!!!!! looks so sweet!!!! could you take a close up at the rear dropouts, that maxle looks nice

edit: oohhh... is that a large??
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

Canfield Bikes
    It is a large.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Any pics of the production ONE's yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    But with a higher lev ratio a higher rate spring must be used negating small bump adsorption efficiency regardless of rider weight.

Comparing to an air shock: more air equals stiffer (which is what heavier riders must do to stop bob) much like a higher rate spring.

Unbelieveable looking bike, clean lines, clean welds, strong design and from what I hear it should be a peddler w/o bob. I am definitely interested in one.

Is the design a patent of Canefield, any chromo front triangles in the mix like your older line up. The thin tubing of steel looks sick on a freeride bike.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That looks really quite nice, looks really nicely made, can't wait to see the full bike pictures. The production runs are all don now? I'm pretty much set on getting on of these in medium, just have to wait till the end of this month when they land over here. Is the vivid shock stock on it, or just an upgrade ?
    Would love to know how it rides with it, was thinking about getting one of them ready to stick on it and a nice obtanium ti spring

cheers
    Last edited by bobodaclown; 04-09-2008 at 09:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pic

Sick bike!!! canīt wait to see the Can-Can, that is the one iīm most interested in.

Flym, whatīs the bb shell size for the Can-Can? and what is de ideal fork travel for it (i have a 170mm 66 ī06)?

And, iīm guessing the Can-can and Can-diggle share the same rear triangle, right?.
    Last edited by ritopc; 04-09-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    But with a higher lev ratio a higher rate spring must be used negating small bump adsorption efficiency regardless of rider weight.
    As FMB said, you still have it backwards. I have a Preston with adjustable travel, either 4" or 5" mode. The 5" mode (higher leverage ratio) has far better small bump absorption, plusher ride. I increase the air pressure in the shock by about 30-35psi (over what I use in the 4" setting) to get the 20% sag I prefer. It's more like a plush all-mountain bike in that mode. Something as simple as 2:1 does sound good in marketing materials though. That's the only place I've seen 2:1 cited as an ideal leverage rate. In your first post,you went and just stated that 2:1 is the ideal as if you had mistook some marketing brochures for the gospel or something. I was just trying to point out (through lightly-veiled sarcasm) how inane that statement is. Even if bike designers could all agree on an ideal leverage ratio for one type of riding, it wouldn't be the same for all types, and if there was a magical ideal leverage ratio, don't you think everyone (or most) would be using it since something like a leverage ratio isn't patented. Then they could all be getting the rad magazine reviews!! Whoo-hooo! Anyway, different riders with different styles will even appreciate different leverage ratios for the same type of riding differently, as one may complement their style more than another. Different (shock) strokes for different folks Haha, I made a funny

P.S. Sorry for the hijack. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the Sauce. I wish I could be out at Sea Otter to give them a test ride.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Bass ackwards, ok. I kind of liked "ideal". There goes the neighborhood. HA HA. All informative posts. I did like the feel of my kona coiler more than my BR.

P.S. no hijack and thanks for not getting all angry like some threads.....all friendly here.

As I sit here with an ice pack on my patella after getting stacked on my head from a ride Sat and I still road this evening. Love this riding thing. Currently pondering the $100 extra to have a Can Diggle air freighted to me.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Bass ackwards, ok. I kind of liked "ideal". There goes the neighborhood. HA HA. All informative posts. I did like the feel of my kona coiler more than my BR.

P.S. no hijack and thanks for not getting all angry like some threads.....all friendly here.

As I sit here with an ice pack on my patella after getting stacked on my head from a ride Sat and I still road this evening. Love this riding thing. Currently pondering the $100 extra to have a Can Diggle air freighted to me.

Nice man, I'm glad I didn't come off like a total dick, like I usually do (everbody's got to be good at something). Hope your knee feels better. I'm currently pondering the Can-Can vs. Sauce.

d
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Over on the DH forum they are saying it could be too late to have the air freight option. I am hoping it is still available so I can get mine here in a week instead of 4 - 5 weeks by boat. I am going to call Canfield bros in the moring to find out

Canfield Bikes
    Heres a few of the Sauce. 28.3lbs with Shimano clip pedals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That little vertical piece at the front of the stays reminds me of do I dare say it......................VPP or DW. I guess with any bike with the lower linkage you have to have that vertical strut. Do you think that sauce can take a pounding from someone over 200 lbs. Will be expecting the first review of the bros. parallel suspension design on a XC pedaler.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Air freight option

Fly,
    is the air freight option still available? I can't wait too much longer

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seppe71
    Fly,
    is the air freight option still available? I can't wait too much longer
    The frames will air ship on monday. We can squeeze you in if we have your info before then. Chris - 801-548-2556 (he's at camp with Gene and Greg in Bootleg for the weekend) or Lance - 801-520-1909

Canfield Bikes
    Back on topic, here you go Matt. It needs a headset and it has a white bar stem combo and a Vendetta and ring crank set coming. Seat and post will be Diety too. So stoked on this bike. I didn't think the purple was going to be that good but the more I see it the more I really dig it. Good pick Chris!

mtbr member
    I want one!!!! it doesnīt have the look of a big bike, IMHO, yet it is one; it has the look of a trailbike. Really nice. It sure looks pdal friendly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ritopc
    I want one!!!! it doesnīt have the look of a big bike, IMHO, yet it is one; it has the look of a trailbike. Really nice. It sure looks pdal friendly.
    My thoughts exactly! Looks like the perfect combo of a bike that can rip the bike park, but pedal up to all the local stuff!

So stoked Lance!

mhh, white powdercoat w/ blood red links Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Lance,

Still deciding on what shock to run. Was set on the CCDB, but with a month wait time, and the price, I'm exploring my options.

For those who have to pedal to the top sometimes, would you say the Diggle is dependant on a platform shock (DHX 5, ROCO TST)? Or could one get away with running a ROCO WC, and not have the bike be a pain in the a$$ to pedal up...

Any insight?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Lance,

One more question: I'm pretty set on the ROCO WC, loved it on my blindside, super plush. What size frame mount hardware does the Diggle require?

Canfield Bikes
    The CCDB should be the best shock out from the tech info I've seen. I still need to get my hands on one. A Vivid pushed so the high speed rebound works would be sweet too.
    The CanDiggle, as with all our bikes, are designed to not need a platform shock. I highly recommend turning that crap off or getting a shock without it. The Roco WC is the one with the right I to I, 222 x 70, and the hardware is 8 x 22.2 on both ends.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I highly recommend turning that crap off or getting a shock without it. The Roco WC is the one with the right I to I, 222 x 70, and the hardware is 8 x 22.2 on both ends.
    That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks again Lance!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    cheers for the pics, i can't wait till these start arriving in New Zealand - i'll be ordering up a Jedi

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, the platform setting is completely unnecessary on my Balance. It's unreal how stable it is even with the sag set more DHish (close to 40% even)..
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    flymybike, what's the max rear tire size you can put on both the Can Diggle and the Jedi?? I was thinking of using my Michelin 24 comp 2.5 but It seems there's no enough room for it?

Canfield Bikes
    A 2.5 will fit in both but the Jedi is super tight. This was the test fit.

mtbr member
    What kind of saddle is that? That SDG saddle looks super comfy. When do we see the One? I still cant decide which bike I am interested in. I would love to try a Jedi since I have never had a bike that that before (for parks and Shore riding) but I mostly do very aggressive AM with plenty of 5-6' drops thrown in after you climb your way to the top. So getting a nice trailbike is first on my list before looking at my second bike for parks and FR riding. Been looking at the Turner (RFX and Highline) and Knolly (Endorphin and DT) bikes also.

Leash Law Enforcer
    These bikes are looking HAWT! Any pics of the Can-Can?

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    cheers for the pic!! do you have more pics of the Can Diggle??

A 2.5 will fit in both but the Jedi is super tight. This was the test fit.

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Playdeep
    What kind of saddle is that? That SDG saddle looks super comfy. When do we see the One? I still cant decide which bike I am interested in. I would love to try a Jedi since I have never had a bike that that before (for parks and Shore riding) but I mostly do very aggressive AM with plenty of 5-6' drops thrown in after you climb your way to the top. So getting a nice trailbike is first on my list before looking at my second bike for parks and FR riding. Been looking at the Turner (RFX and Highline) and Knolly (Endorphin and DT) bikes also.
    The SDG is a BelleAir SL. It is comfy, for my skinny butt. Sounds like the CanDiggle is the bike you should be looking at. It will be better for the Shore and AM with drops. The Jedi is a gravity sled. The One is a AM bike, not intended to be jumped often especially if the landing is questionable.

Canfield Bikes
    You asked, here you go! The CanCan (Green) is 8.5lbs frame and shock and as built, is 37lbs. The CanDiggle (Purple) is 8.95lbs frame and shock and 39.4 as built.
    Last edited by flymybike; 04-15-2008 at 03:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Good god Lance! No more posting pics, I'm tempted to drive out to Utah and camp in front of your shop till my frame arrives!

Any chance the air shipment will arrive before you guys head out to the Otter?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    FLY,

Bikes look great but I am bit confused, the Can Can is the AM FR and the Can diggle is the FR DH from your site and the geometry specs.

But the Pics make it look different, the Can Can looks like FR DH with the radically sloping top tube or is it a small frame?? The Can Diggle looks more like an AM setup with a longer top tube.

Need you opinion, I am looking for a bullitproof AM, light FR bike target 35 lbs or less (lots of climbs for the downhills). Nothing to crazy but I am 6"1 220 and pound the snot out of bikes. The Sauce is out, so either the 7" The One or the Can Can??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Can Can does look tiny, I assume it's a Small?

Are both those bike set in the long or short travel position?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Interpreting the

drawings on their web page, both are set in long travel mode, I think.

Bottom hole in link=long travel?

The Can Can does look tiny, I assume it's a Small?

Are both those bike set in the long or short travel position?

Leash Law Enforcer
    Thanks for the pics. Is the Can Can more of a slope style frame? In looking at the geometry and the pics, it seems like it would be hard to get full extension on a seat post without snapping something.

Canfield Bikes
    Sorry Matt, not yet.
    The CanCan is a small. It has a 13" seat tube and it's meant to be a FR/DJ, slopestyle type of bike. It can be set up as a mini DH bike and get up to 169mm travel by switching to a 2.25 stroke shock. You can adjust the seat height 6" which is plenty for most people to adjust from full high to full low. I use 4" of adjustment.
    Both bikes are in the long travel setting.
    Motoguru2007 - It sounds like you should be looking at the CanDiggle. 9lb frame and shock should be able to be built under 35 fairly easily. Your weight rules out the One and the short seat tube on the CanCan makes it tough as a dedicated AM bike.

old broken downhiller
    Yea, Lance those are so dope.

Chris says my parts are in - damn I cannot wait to ride this thing! So close...
    Refusing to grow up since 1978...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Those are truly amazing....drool. 35 lb would be easy on the can diggle.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    They look really good. The CanCan looks pretty damn cool in silver with the green links. Well done will be interesting to here feedback on how they ride.

Captain Gravity
    Feb 2004
    Hey Lance & Chris,

Great job on the new product lineup for 2008 and beyond. I knew when I saw the Jedi you both were on the right track for continued success.

I look forward to seeing your latest at Sea Otter this weekend and perhaps some dinner and beverages with the two of you?

Sully
    Sully

John Sullivan

Manufacturer
    Roteccycles USA
    www.roteccycles.com
    1-425-220-8663 direct

No, that's not phonetic
    All of those look just dialed. Super nice job across the board. The one thing I did notice however is the high compression tune on the Sauce's Fox air shock. That shock is enough to ruin the best bike. If that bike will be a demo rig, I would make sure you are happy with that choice before handing it out.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

thats right living legend
    I must admit, I'm simply in love with the line you guy's have put out. I was in love with the Balance too, but very impractical for my terrain/needs. This stuff looks HAWT Dough! And I could actually see myself owning almost any one of these.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    all the bikes are looking great

can't wait till these start appearing in New Zealand, any chance of spoiling me silly and putting up a few more of the Jedi ?

and 1 question, are these cnc'd side plates for all of the Jedis ? some pics i have seen appear to have no heavy cnc work on them

Cheers

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Ok, so who rode any of these at Sea Otter? Let's hear some riding impressions.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My buddy raced the otter and I offered him a six pack to throw his leg over the Can Diggle for me. He could not find them on Sat. I guess the weather got nasty and was blowing down easy-ups and canopys.

Chris/Lance:
    When would be the earliest we could test ride a Can Diggle in SoCal? I am this close__to buying blind.

mtbr member
    Put goodridge lines on the Formula "the one" brakes today and a 2.35 rear tire. weight is 36.8 and rocks on the nastiest of trails! Ride report in the DH forum.

2 gens of F1!

Jedi 36.8lbs!

Drivetrain!

top shot!
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    Put goodridge lines on the Formula "the one" brakes today and a 2.35 rear tire. weight is 36.8 and rocks on the nastiest of trails! Ride report in the DH forum.

2 gens of F1!

Jedi 36.8lbs!

Drivetrain!

top shot!

cheers for the extra shots, i have been drawling over your bike on rm

damm that is a lite build aswell i am waiting for one to come to New Zealand for me, i was going to try putting some fox 36 forks on her, where i live
    there isn't too much steep stuff and i am hoping the head angle will end up something like my Giant Reign X

i'm going to try get her under 35 but i may be kidding myself

cheers again

mtbr member
    Wouldnt it be better to put a coil rear shock on that bad boy to meet its full potential ? A CCDB perhaps ?

Canfield Bikes
    The Jedi side plates are the ones for all the production bikes.
    A coil is the better choice for all the bikes in my eyes but these newer air shocks do seem to be getting better.
    Good seeing you Sully. Dinner next time. Good job on the gear box bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Lance, any update on the air shipment that is scheduled to ship from you guys this week?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Can Diggle

I am just waiting on my crankset and I need to cut the steerer tube and get a front der. Make sure you have all the parts ready to put on the frame, because this is worse than waiting for it to arrive.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    seppe that looks nice with the white links matching the forks can't wait to hear how it rides, is that a medium? I hope the shipment to the UK comes soon.

mtbr member
    Sick bike, its nice to see on in a customers hands being built!
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown
    seppe that looks nice with the white links matching the forks can't wait to hear how it rides, is that a medium? I hope the shipment to the UK comes soon.
    It is a medium and I should be able to ride next week. Crankset will be in tomorrow but I will be out of town until Tues. I can not wait to ride. I will have to have paramedics walking beside me just in case I have a heart attack.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Are the Diggles ICSG or ICSG 05? I'm hoping they are ICSG...

Looking very nice seppe!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

iscg tabs

On the little print out from Canfield Bros it says they are ISCG 03

Mark
    Apr 2008
    Hi,

I thought I would join you guys online for the count down to the arrival of the Can Diggle frame to the UK. These new pics are making the wait even more unbearable.. - out of site out of mind, until I saw Lance's build and it reminded me of way I was soo excited to order one in the first place.

We should get a dedicated Canfield section/thread up and running. Compare builds/shocks/forks

Anyone know what stock coil the medium frame will come with?

Heres to waiting

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Yeah waiting blows

I am in the states and expect the bike soon, within a week.

Stock shock is DHX coil, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhyde101
    Hi,

I thought I would join you guys online for the count down to the arrival of the Can Diggle frame to the UK. These new pics are making the wait even more unbearable.. - out of site out of mind, until I saw Lance's build and it reminded me of way I was soo excited to order one in the first place.

We should get a dedicated Canfield section/thread up and running. Compare builds/shocks/forks

Anyone know what stock coil the medium frame will come with?

Heres to waiting

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Well, my Diggle is built, save an LG1 that I will be overnighting on Monday. Sans chain guide, it came out to 39.2# w/ a build that would make weight weenies cry.

More details later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

yeah buddy!

Got it saturday, should hit the trails Monday. 34.66 pounds , just needs saint cranks and a chain and its ready..should be under 38 hopefully. Dropnzone has em coming in early.

Canfield Bikes
    Sicklines just posted a review of the "One", the CanDiggles lighter AM brother.

http://sicklines.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Still waiting mine...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Matt!!have you had some riding time on the Can-Diggle yet?how does it feel compared to your previous Blindside??cheeers!!!

Mark
    Apr 2008
    Ya lets here how she rides,.. hopefully as good as she looks!

Mark

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

riding impressions

Gotta say, the Candiggle is one of the sickest bikes I have ridden. I have the Vivid on the rear and it works great. Good times, cant wait to get back out a bit more once the weather pulls through. If your thinking about it, get one..you will like it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    With the long chainstays that these bikes have, how do they handle tight switchbacks, freeride stunts, log bridges, etc.?
    Thx for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I havent measured my bike, but think it comes in about 46 inches total length..if somebody else has more accurate info then I apologize. IMO, it rails, and we have some pretty tight stuff in the PNW. What impressed me is the pedal feedback on bigger hits, and the sensitivity of the suspension..your still able to "pop" even though I have mine in the 8" position it feels very lively. I do drift corners quite a bit, mainly because its fun, so I havent noticed and it doesnt feel like a "big" bike to me.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was really concerned about riding shore or techy stuff on this bike (or a One). I also do a lot of urban and like to be able to pop the wheels easily. I have heard it does seem to take extra effort for wheelie drops and pedal drops. You agree with this ? The other new owners I have spoken to do seem to think it is a sick bike though. How plush does the bike feel on small and medium hits and what other bikes have you owned/ridden to compare it to ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yo PD, thats the thing, it isnt gonna do everything. ITs a big hit trail bike..use it for anything else and your leaving yourself open to disappointment. Small /Medium hits are like nothing was there..plows over sharp edged hits and keeps going.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hey,
    What chain guide mounts is the can diggle using is it ISCG03(old) or the new ISCG 05?

cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey,
    What chain guide mounts is the can diggle using is it ISCG03(old) or the new ISCG 05?

cheers
    ICSG03. Werd.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cheers Matt,
    How you getting on with your can diggle you gonna do a mini review of how it rides etc

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How you getting on with your can diggle you gonna do a mini review of how it rides etc
    I'm finishing up finals this week, then going out of town next week. But after that, I plan on getting a lot of time on the Can Diggle. Plus in mid June I'll be moving up to work at my local resort for 3 months, so that'll mean a ton of riding.

From the limited time I've had on it though, by far the best bike I've built. Kind of a cross between my Nomad and my Blindside, but better than both

should know better.....

Diggle DH

Here's my Diggle, on it's way to becoming my multi purpose Freeride/DH Race sled.
    As pictured: 37.95 Pounds.
    Rode it as is last night, front derailleur, two chainrings, but Fox 40 up front. Crossmax SX/singleply in the front, but outlaw/DH tire in the back, waiting on some stan's tape to tublessify my Outlaws. I'm getting it ready for my first DH race this weekend, going singlering/guide etc. So I'll get some photos and a weight up in full race mode.

All I can say about the ride is WOW!!!!!
    It climbs like a scalded cat. It pedals MUCH better than my Giant Glory, and with the exception of some front end wag on the climbs, it climbs every bit as well as my 6" x 6" Reign, but the Diggle is 8" x 8"....
    Descending is fast and silent. still have to tune the shock and fork as far as rebound and compression etc, but last night I rode a 7 mile cross country loop, with some log rides and small drops, and I was able to hang with a crew who were on XC/AM rides.
    The bike just flat out goes. No discernible bob in either chainring. Get your weight over the front, and it claws for traction. Jump on the pedals for a stand up sprint, and away you go.
    The bike is fabulous. After one ride I'm almost ready to say it;'s the best bike I've ever thrown my leg over. My crew was amazed what it got up, given the DH nature of it.
    I'll get more info up as I experience it.

mtbr member
    Congrats. Sounds like it performs well against some solid bikes you have ridden.

should know better.....
    Yeah, it feels really light. The front end comes up super easily, given the longish chainstays. It manuals very easily. The parking lot bunny hop test also passes with flying colors. It has a lot of "pop", yet very steady on the downhill. As to how it is as a true DH ride: We'll see this weekend, as I'll be riding a chairlift with it, and doing my first DH race. The back end looks somewhat fragile, as it's slung so low, sort of similar to a turner as far as the swing arm goes. I'll find out soon enough if there is much deflection through the rough or higher speed stuff.

I've been on, or owned some of the following: Spec. Big Hit and Enduros (old and new), Giant Glory and Reign, Kona Stinky, Cannondale Gemini and Judge, IH Sunday, Scott Gambler, S. Cruz V10, Bullit and Nomad, Rocky Mt.
    For 8" travel, even with the big fork, this "felt" better than any of those, any time I had to pedal. I would never have thought it was an 8" bike if I didn't know better.
    As I said before, Jury is still out as a race sled, but obviously I'm hoping for good things....

mtbr member
    Hmmmm Keep us updated. You definately will help me to narrow down my purchases.

May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by neverwalk
    Yeah, it feels really light. The front end comes up super easily, given the longish chainstays. It manuals very easily. The parking lot bunny hop test also passes with flying colors. It has a lot of "pop", yet very steady on the downhill. As to how it is as a true DH ride: We'll see this weekend, as I'll be riding a chairlift with it, and doing my first DH race. The back end looks somewhat fragile, as it's slung so low, sort of similar to a turner as far as the swing arm goes. I'll find out soon enough if there is much deflection through the rough or higher speed stuff.

I've been on, or owned some of the following: Spec. Big Hit and Enduros (old and new), Giant Glory and Reign, Kona Stinky, Cannondale Gemini and Judge, IH Sunday, Scott Gambler, S. Cruz V10, Bullit and Nomad, Rocky Mt.
    For 8" travel, even with the big fork, this "felt" better than any of those, any time I had to pedal. I would never have thought it was an 8" bike if I didn't know better.
    As I said before, Jury is still out as a race sled, but obviously I'm hoping for good things....

How does it feel when braking?

Does it squat a little and push the rear down (the way I like it), or does it lift?

Man, I thought my Reign X1 was as good as it gets for a do it aller. Now I might consider dumping it for one of those! 8 inches and pedals like an AM bike? Sheet, sign me up!

should know better.....
    Something to remember, it pedals like an all mountain bike, but.....don't forget about head angle. The way mine is built, it has about a 65.5 degree head angle. That's DH territory. I love it, but it definitely has wheel flop on slow turny climbs. On the other hand, steep rollers will become playgrounds......

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ok here it is mine.
    Rode it first time this morning and I can only say that it climbs like a goat given its 8' travel. Roco rules

Need to buy a taller seat post.

Last edited by zoups; 06-12-2008 at 01:14 AM.

should know better.....
    OK. Just got back from Mt. Snow, and my first DH race ever, with the Can Diggle. I had a blast. Practiced, Raced, and then rode the mountain for fun after.
    It works for me as a DH sled. Very quiet, rear end felt bottomless. Still have to tune the shock and Fox 40 properly, setting sag etc, compression damping etc. I did pretty rudimentary parking lot adjustments, that got me through the weekend, but I'll need to ride some trails I'm familiar with to really set it up.
    Suspension felt great under braking, no rear end skipping around. I can't say if it was "squatting" or not, but there is no brake jack for sure, and it remained supple.
    Any weaknesses were probably my own. It tracked very well, in miserable conditions. Horrific mud yesterday, then wet and slippery today, lots of off camber roots with mud.
    The higher speed sections felt very controlled, out of the saddle sprint got the bike up to speed in just a few strokes. One nasty water bar that a lot of riders were hitting or just manualing right near the bottom, I was able to bunny hop, at a good speed. level take off and landing. Didn't even feel it come back down.

It is not perfect...there could be a LOT more rear wheel clearance. It looks like a 2.5 is gonna be snug.. I was running Michi. 2.2, and with the mud.....
    Also, it looks like I'm going to have to have a DH seat/seatpost, and an adjustable seatpost (telescoping) for Freeride. The seat-tube only lets about 5 3/4" of post in, and they say you need 4" insertion, so I get a whopping 1 3/4" of vertical adjustment. Right. That's useful. NOT!

All in all, I am VERY happy with the bike. ( It was kind of fun to have other riders on really nice race rigs come up and ask about the bike....) It's light, 38.5 lbs set up for DH with a 2.8" Michi. 32 in front and Azonic outlaws, a steel spring in the 40, and an FSA Pig headset. I can probably drop 2 pounds off that number by switching those out. It won't be cheap, but I'm enjoying the process.
    I'll get a photo up tomorrow, set up in DH mode.

should know better.....
    here are some photos

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

one hot bike

Consider me a fan of your rig. Some action shots would be nice if you can pull it off.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Titec telescoping post (yaya full extension!) and a Minion DHF 2.7 for the front!
    Slammed

Full extension goodness:

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can Diggle in Action!

Photo Op Rock!

Even a one eye-d chinese guy can find the line on the Diggle!

Not the Diggle but might as well have the diggle creator!

should know better.....
    Very picturesque!! Where is that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Pemberton, BC!

Just north of whistler.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    im trying to decide between the diggle and jedi, and now from what i'm reading and seeing here im leaning towards the diggle!! anyone have opinions on the diggle vs jedi?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

FR vs DH

The Diggle is a Freeride machine. Dual ring capable with a vertical wheelpath which will allow it to jump and 'pop' more proficiently. The Jedi is a speed machine. Low BB and lots of rearward will allow it to turn and carry speed. Not dual ring capable. If you are thinking of a do it all big hit bike, the Diggle. If you are looking for a race rig or want to go as fast as possible gravity assisted, go for the Jedi.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    mmm do it all big hit bike sounds like what i want! diggle it is! now to come up with some $$$...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    That white One looks very nice!

Looks like some awesome riding up there!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Titec telescoping post (yaya full extension!) and a Minion DHF 2.7 for the front!
    Slammed

Full extension goodness:

hey Matt

Is that a medium frame? Love your build...

Does the Candiggle have a replaceable der.hanger?

M
    Last edited by madafaka; 06-07-2008 at 03:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by madafaka
    hey Matt

Is that a medium frame? Love your build...

Does the Candiggle have a replaceable der.hanger?

M
    Thanks! Yup, Medium frame. Yes, the Diggle does have a replacable hanger.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    the rear end of Candiggle looks really fragile..is there any lateral flex involved?
    think it will survive long-term freeride abuse?

and that tire clearance really annoys me...why couldn't they make it a bit wider?
    Is there enough space to fit 2.5 minions?

should know better.....
    Wider isn't the issue. Taller is the issue.
    I guess in order to keep the chainstay length at 17.5 - long in some opinions.... the swingarm needed to remain somewhat short leading to clearance issues for a lrager volume tire. I haven't tried the 2.5 minion.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    How is the Can Diggle hooking up for those running it with a Vivid out back any tuning tips?
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    the rear end of Candiggle looks really fragile..is there any lateral flex involved?
    think it will survive long-term freeride abuse?
    The stays are ribbed, I don't anything more that. Maybe Lance could chime in?

Canfield Bikes
    Taller is the issue. The Maxxis 2.5 tires fit but are very tight. I'm running a DHF 2.5 on the rear.
    The seat and chain stays have a internal rib that is positioned horizontally for turning stiffness. They look small but are extremely strong (and stiff). The rear is also a triangulated structure so mechanically much stronger than say a faux bar or single pivot (read single arm vs triangle structure).
    I have a Vivid on my Diggle and the B tune works great. It didn't require any special valving to make it feel great. Just follow the RS setup guide.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Taller is the issue. The Maxxis 2.5 tires fit but are very tight. I'm running a DHF 2.5 on the rear.
    The seat and chain stays have a internal rib that is positioned horizontally for turning stiffness. They look small but are extremely strong (and stiff). The rear is also a triangulated structure so mechanically much stronger than say a faux bar or single pivot (read single arm vs triangle structure).
    I have a Vivid on my Diggle and the B tune works great. It didn't require any special valving to make it feel great. Just follow the RS setup guide.
    Cheers,
    My vivid just turned about a minute ago so about to stick that on, I got the B tune as well, bike is looking good so far. Cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The stays are ribbed, I don't anything more that. Maybe Lance could chime in?

hey Matt

what spring rate are you running on Roco and what's your weight?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    hey Matt

what spring rate are you running on Roco and what's your weight?
    I'm running a 550#, and I'm about 200# before gear.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Can - Diggle review here

I had the pleasure of riding a Large CanDiggle in Seymour and Pemberton a couple of weekends ago.

I've reviewed bikes before for magazines so have had a fair bit of experience with different types of bikes.

Understand that this was a large CanDiggle so was a bit big for me. I took it down some pretty technical trails on Seymour and in Pemberton and here are the highlights.

For more context, I am pinner at 155lbs but have been riding on the Shore since about 1993 and riding "freeride" before it was called that in Whistler, Squamish, Vancouver etc. Not to brag (there it now sounds like bragging) but I've ridden a lot of bikes - both good and bad. The test bike was Lance Canfields. It had a RS Totem on the front; Code brakes. I honestly can't recall the rear shock setup. Since Lance is about my weight, the bike felt perfectly sprung.

Highlights:

- Bike is very finished. It looks fast, polished and high-end. I wouldn't expect anything less when you pay this much.

- CanDiggle's rear end is very laterally rigid. It doesn't flex laterally at all when I whip it around corners or steer it around steeps.

- CanDiggle feels like it wants to be in the air. Even climbing, the bike feels bouncy (in a good way). It just feels active. Obviously the bike feels really stable in the air.

- CanDiggle climbs awfully well for a big heavy bike. On a technical loose short climbing section, I sat down hard, ground away in a small gear and crawled up the slope without losing traction. Very impressive. Almost as impressive as the bike's jumping ability.

I wish I could say something bad about the CanDiggle to give this review balance but I only had two days on it. Flaws on bikes and bike designs only tend to show up after more long-term tests imo. If I were to say something mildly negative it might be that the bike (and this goes for any Canfield) draws so much attention in the Whistler liftline that you'd be more then a little paranoid about leaving it unattended even for a second.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Mark
    Apr 2008

Can diggle feedback

Just had my first few proper rides on my Can diggle.

Bike Setup:

8 inch mode
    Meduim frame

Fork : Totem coil
    Shock : Fox DHX.5
    Brakes : Formula Mega brakes
    Wheels : Spank rims on Pro II's
    Drivetrain : Saint cranks (single) Gamut chain device, Shadow XT.
    Tyres : Minion DHF front and rear.
    Weight : 37.8

First impressions are very good. As said in previous posts, it is super stable at speed and in the air but also feels like a smaller bike. Handling is great, due to its bang on geometry. Rear end feels stiff. Big props to the Canfield brothers

I have been having some problems tunning the rear shock. This is mainly due to my inexperince with full suspension bikes. (I have a back ground in riding hartails - freeride and DH racing)

Firstly I set it up with 125psi, bottom out turned to full on, pro pedal 2 clicks from minimum and about 7 clicks of rebound. This felt pretty good on the short, steep and turnny part of track I was sessioning.

However I had to add 20psi and put the rebound up to 12 clicks to stop the bike from squatting, lossing all its travel and speed when I was pedelling on a rougher (cut up hard pack), flat section of track. These changes helped, but I still felt I was loosing speed where I should have been accelaraiting..?

Does anyone have any base setting suggestions for the DHX.5 . I understand that alot of it is rider preference and terrian dependant. However any information would be greatly received.

I'm 71kg in riding gear and I am running a 400 spring rate coil ( 3 turns of pre load)

Maybe I just need to learn how to pedal a fullsus.

Mark

Mark
    Apr 2008

can diggle feedback

Bike Setup:

8 inch mode
    Meduim frame

First impressions are very good. As said in previous posts, it is super stable at speed and in the air but also feels like a smaller bike. Handling is great, due to its bang on geometry. Rear end feels stiff. Big props to the Canfield brothers

I have been having some problems tunning the rear shock. This is mainly due to my inexperince with full suspension bikes. (I have a back ground in riding hartails - freeride and DH racing)

Firstly I set it up with 125psi, bottom out turned to full on, pro pedal 2 clicks from minimum and about 7 clicks of rebound. This felt pretty good on the short, steep and turnny part of track I was sessioning.

However I had to add 20psi and put the rebound up to 12 clicks to stop the bike from squatting, lossing all its travel and speed when I was pedelling on a rougher (cut up hard pack), flat section of track. These changes helped, but I still felt I was loosing speed where I should have been accelaraiting..?

Does anyone have any base setting suggestions for the DHX.5 . I understand that alot of it is rider preference and terrian dependant. However any information would be greatly received.

I'm 71kg in riding gear and I am running a 400 spring rate coil ( 3 turns of pre load)

Maybe I just need to learn how to pedal a fullsus.

Mark

Canfield Bikes
    Try increasing the canister pressure and backing the bottomout off a bit. This will lessen the inital movement you get (ie pedaling situations) by giving it a more linear feel, effectively firming the first part of the travel.

Mark
    Apr 2008
    cheers man.

Congrats on a great bike.

Mark

wcr
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Can diggle owners how do they pedal???
    can you run a front der.?
    how are they in the air?

Thinking of getting one over my reign x

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wcr
    Can diggle owners how do they pedal???
    can you run a front der.?
    how are they in the air?

Thinking of getting one over my reign x
    They pedal amazing! In the 7" mode, no joke, they pedalled like my Nomad. Absolutely stunning.

Yes, you can run a FD.

They are great in the air. Very stable, yet light enough to feel like you are in control and can manipulate the bike.

You will not regret getting one!

wcr
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Matt I just sent you a message about your bike sale,

Thanks for the feed back

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wcr
    Matt I just sent you a message about your bike sale,

Thanks for the feed back
    For some reason, I didn't receive your PM, so I cleared my inbox and sent you a PM.

Might be best to e-mail me:

matt.pirotto at gmail.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhyde101

Bike Setup:

8 inch mode
    Meduim frame

Mark
    Please somoe pictures with that Totem!

Someone with 888? (Theyy are may options for the bike)

cya

Canfield Bikes
    Heres mine with a Totem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by koon
    Someone with 888? (Theyy are may options for the bike)

cya
    I think there is a pic of a Diggle w/ a 888 in the Eurobike Canfield thread in the DH forums.

Mark
    Apr 2008

Spring rates

Is anyone running a 350Ib spring on there Can dig?

I'm 150Ibs and thinking about running one.

Mark

mtbr member
    How much seatpost adjustment is there on the SMALL Can-Diggle?

jones'in
    Heres mine with a Totem.
    What's the head angle with a Totem on it?

Also, does the geometry change notably when switching from 7" to 8" mode?

Debating over a CanDiggle and a Knolly Delerium-T at the moment.....

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

reply to kntr and venom

kntr, I am not sure on exact numbers but believe they settled on 6 inches of seat post adjustment.

venom, I hope flymybike will chime in with exacts but around 66.5 degrees with totem and you only have a .1 degree angle change between travel options.

I don't own one, just been following them and using memory to come up with what I believe are correct numbers.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    What's the head angle with a Totem on it?

Also, does the geometry change notably when switching from 7" to 8" mode?

Debating over a CanDiggle and a Knolly Delerium-T at the moment.....

--Ben
    That's a tough choice. God I would hate to be you right now! No Sleep!

End the misery and just flip a coin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema
    kntr, I am not sure on exact numbers but believe they settled on 6 inches of seat post adjustment.

venom, I hope flymybike will chime in with exacts but around 66.5 degrees with totem and you only have a .1 degree angle change between travel options.

I don't own one, just been following them and using memory to come up with what I believe are correct numbers.
    I was told the seatpost adjustment was only a couple inches. Can anyone do a measurement for me. I really need to know how much seatpost adjustment there is.

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    I was told the seatpost adjustment was only a couple inches. Can anyone do a measurement for me. I really need to know how much seatpost adjustment there is.
    Hey kntr,
    Check out this post:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=109

Appears that there's at least 4 or so inches. But, with a telescoping seatpost, you can probably get all the travel you need.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    I know this might not help but the One has more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    just built up and ready to be broken in

this is the 1st of a few "demo" bikes, there will be a One, Diggle and a Jedi to test ride in Rotorua next week - New Zealand sorry

btw, i went on a muddy ride in the weekend on my Jedi and where i ride (Riverhead, Auckland) there is the worst clay/mud you can find.

The rear tyre clearance or lack of on the Jedi wasn't an issue at all, the wheel cleared and there was no problem with clay building up around the wheel

Mark
    Apr 2008
    Ben-

In 7inch mode the Diggle feels slightly more compact and sits marginally higher. HA change is not noticable. It pedals better in 7inch, when you need to put some power down. In 8 inches it sits nice and low, and feels great when DH. Compared to Knolly bikes, I would guess the Diggle would feel lighter and better on faster tracks due to geometry and frame weight. If you want to pedal along or up you def need a teliscopic seat post with the diggle. The Delerium is def more of an all rounder, I guess it depends on how much you value going fast downhill.

Mark

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Can Diggle owners: what rear tire size and manufacturer do you run?
    THX

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Advice for setting up can diggle as a DH rig NEEDED!

Interested to know how the can diggle goes as a DH rig,

Would be keen to hear how other peoples builds have gone any recommended shock/forks that would suit me for dh/freeride.

My current build is:
    Frame: Small Can Diggle
    Shock: Roco Air Marrocchi RC world cup
    Fork: Fox 36 van rc2
    I weigh 135 lbs.

Would it be better to keep it set up the way it is and start building up another "bigger bike"?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Can-Diggle done!

Thanks to Lance Canfield for guiding me on setting up the CCDB!

canfield brothers can-diggle L, 180mm (200mm)
    lyrik 170 rc2 dh coil
    ccdb titan
    sun single track / veltec dh
    schwalbe muddy mary & intense dh fro lite
    fsa afterburner 23t
    straitline silent guide
    wellgo mg-1
    x.9 trigger
    x.9 derailleur
    oro bianco 200/180
    straitline 1.5 stem
    straitline 762 bar
    sixpack grips
    gravity dropper classic
    sixpack clamp
    noname saddle

mtbr member
    Looks like a great ride. You'll love it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Some updates for my upcoming Whistler trip. I'm flying from Switzerland and can only carry a single bike, but would like to not only ride the park, but als do some AM/trail riding in the second week of my stay.

So I invested in a Dorado, and will pack the Lyrik and Roco air for swapping after a week or so of park riding.

park build:
    - manitou dorado pro, renthal stem
    - ccdb titan
    - schwalbe muddy mary (F)
    - intense dh fro lite (R)
    - 16.35 kg

Can Diggle Pics?-dsc_0393.jpg

trail build:
    - rockshox lyrik two-step 170, hope stem
    - marzocchi roco air wc
    - schwalbe big betty (F)
    - schwalbe fat albert (R)