Can Diggle- dropout issue?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Can Diggle- dropout issue?

Hey all,

Got my Diggle frame in today, starting the build up.

When I put my rear wheel in (Hope Pro II), and tightened the Maxle, where was quite a bit of play. Pulled out the digital calipers and measure the dropout distance, 139.56mm. My hub was spot on at 135mm, but the frame is 4.56mm wider.... Is the frame rear triangle meant to flex almost 5mm?

Anyone have their frame and can measure the dropout and confirm that it should be 135.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    So I reclamped it and it appears to be tight, guess I was just taken aback by the fact that the dropouts have to flex 5mm....

Oh well, back to the build!!

mtbr member
    Sometimes manufacturing things vary a little. Ive noticed on hand built boutique bikes (hand built) things will have a little difference and machine ran ones or assembley line is usually spot on but then again theres very little QC on every frame.
    I'll take a little space that comes together over a frame thats not been handled and looked at before packaging.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    Sometimes manufacturing things vary a little. Ive noticed on hand built boutique bikes (hand built) things will have a little difference and machine ran ones or assembley line is usually spot on but then again theres very little QC on every frame.
    I'll take a little space that comes together over a frame thats not been handled and looked at before packaging.
    Yeah good point. Everything came together good on the build, Monday I need to overnight an Lg1 cause the Blackspire I got it crap

Members who have read this thread: 0