can diggle for dh?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

can diggle for dh?

WHo is using a can diggle strictly for DH?
    how do you like it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am!

I'm running my diggle with the rc4 shock and a 07 marz 66 (love that fork!) I also ran a 888 EVO but felt that it made the front end a bit too tall.

The main reason I got the diggle was because I also have a One. I got so comfortable on the One that I really didn't see a reason for a full DH bike. All I really needed was a beefier front end that could take more abuse (granted I've had zero problems with my One and thrash it nearly everyday.) Also, I'm lighter guy (160lbs) and don't go too big so the diggle is perfect for me.

I've ridden Deer Valley and Whistler on the diggle and never felt like I needed more bike. In the 7" setting the diggle has awesome geometry but stilll pedals like a champ.I haven't tried out the 8" setting because I haven't really felt the need for more wheel travel.

Prior to the Diggle I had a Highline for DH duties. The diggle is basically a lighter, more plush version of the Highline. If your coming from a full on DH/Race bike the diggle might feel a bit odd, it is definitely not a plow bike. Picking good lines definitely helps, but even when you blow it the rear end tracks very well and sucks up square edge hits like a champ. You'll be really hard pressed to find a bike that pedals as well as this but still has excellent descending attributes and enough travel for the gnar.

Built up these bikes end up being super light too. Mine is right around 35lbs with a single ring up front and LG1 guide. 823/hope/hadley setup running 2.5 UST maxxis minion/highrollers

I highly recommend the RC4 shock for DH duties. Chris also recommends the Elka but I have yet to try it out.

Bottom line is this, if you want a light, flickable bike that's up for some gnar get the diggle. If you want a full on race bike get the jedi. If you want a plow bike look somewhere else.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Im also thinking of converting my can diggle to more of an DH/Freeride rig.

My current build is:
    Frame: Small Can Diggle
    Shock: Roco Air Marrocchi RC world cup
    Fork: Fox 36 van rc2
    I weigh 135 lbs.

Would be keen for any recommendations for shock/forks that would suit me better for dh/freeride.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    I am!

I'm running my diggle with the rc4 shock and a 07 marz 66 (love that fork!) I also ran a 888 EVO but felt that it made the front end a bit too tall.

The main reason I got the diggle was because I also have a One. I got so comfortable on the One that I really didn't see a reason for a full DH bike. All I really needed was a beefier front end that could take more abuse (granted I've had zero problems with my One and thrash it nearly everyday.) Also, I'm lighter guy (160lbs) and don't go too big so the diggle is perfect for me.

I've ridden Deer Valley and Whistler on the diggle and never felt like I needed more bike. In the 7" setting the diggle has awesome geometry but stilll pedals like a champ.I haven't tried out the 8" setting because I haven't really felt the need for more wheel travel.

Prior to the Diggle I had a Highline for DH duties. The diggle is basically a lighter, more plush version of the Highline. If your coming from a full on DH/Race bike the diggle might feel a bit odd, it is definitely not a plow bike. Picking good lines definitely helps, but even when you blow it the rear end tracks very well and sucks up square edge hits like a champ. You'll be really hard pressed to find a bike that pedals as well as this but still has excellent descending attributes and enough travel for the gnar.

Built up these bikes end up being super light too. Mine is right around 35lbs with a single ring up front and LG1 guide. 823/hope/hadley setup running 2.5 UST maxxis minion/highrollers

I highly recommend the RC4 shock for DH duties. Chris also recommends the Elka but I have yet to try it out.

Bottom line is this, if you want a light, flickable bike that's up for some gnar get the diggle. If you want a full on race bike get the jedi. If you want a plow bike look somewhere else.

thnaks for this. I also own a ONe setup witrh an Elka... I usually ride a full on Dh rig(old marin) but a firend of mine got a diggle for sale and i thought it might be a good ides to "update" my marin with the diggle. i'll try to do a trail test on his bike first before deciding if i keep going with a bigger bike.

old broken downhiller
    All my riding buddies call my Can-Diggle a "downhill bike". Even thought it has a single crown fork (Totem coil) and is built up pretty light (35.5 lbs.)

If you're on the small side, I don't see why not. It might chopper out a bit with a dual crown fork. Depends on the fork you choose I guess...
    Refusing to grow up since 1978...

should know better.....
    I ran my 'diggle as a pure DH for a full season in '08, (actually won the National Championship for beginner old farts in my second race on it... not a big deal given the Class I was racing in, but does show you can compete on it...)

I use it now as my do everything bike. Lift served, Freeride, cross-stuntry, you name it.

You can see the various builds I've done with it if you check out my photos.
    Everything from DC, heavy wheels, single ring; to light wheels, single crown, and two chainrings.
    It is a true "do everything" bike.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE View Post
    I am!

Bump.... and I am doing just the same... my Diggle is my DH rig... Totem up front. I don't need an ultra slack race rig..... Love it. Just looking for the Bros. to do a trailbike again....something in the 5" travel range wouldn't overlap with my Diggle. THAT would be awesome...
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

looking for large diggle

any one got a large can diggle for sale please let me know

mtbr member
    What's the biggest hits you've taken with your Candiggle? Can it do a 5-7 foot drop or is that asking too much?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Want Diggle

Any body looking to sell a large can diggle please let me know thanks

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edenger View Post
    What's the biggest hits you've taken with your Candiggle? Can it do a 5-7 foot drop or is that asking too much?
    Not too much at all.....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I know its a big difference in the money, used Diggle vs One v2, BUT take it from a little, old guy, the new ONE really can be the one for any use. I'm running a Boxxer and Elka at 200mm and with a 66 deg HA, the bike is totally at home on the trail, even playing junior trials bike. NO issues with being too raked out, too soft etc. just pure pedalling pleasure with as close to a bumpless ride as it gets.
    I've heard for years how a 'big' bike cant do XC well etc and I agree UNTIL you bring up the One..I find it superior in every way to my Specialized Pitch AM bike . Strangely enough, I get less pedal strikes and a lower standover with the One than my previous Spec's. I just cant say enough about how competent this bike is as an XC/AM ride and at 35 pounds its not like I'm paying a penality for the DH ability.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    But what's the difference between a used diggle and One v2? Have they changed the actual technology or just tweaked it? I'm looking at a completely built up Diggle for 2500 or less -vs- just a frame for the same price so there has to be a major difference to justify it.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Since I dont have the specs of the Diggle I can't speak on that. But my guess would be the One pedals better and is even more DH capable(pretty much unlimited). So, improved on both ends of the performance range.
    But my point was that whatever you do with a Diggle, you can do with the One v2 and a lot more since I'm finding there is no end to the versatility of the One's design. Pretty much each generation of bike has become more versatile as travel has increase with the exception of DH bikes because being so raked out they dont like turning as well as steeper bikes. But now with Anglesets available we can take a bike with DH geo and dial back the HA while leaving the big hit travel and have a great trail bike that handles the twisties yet besides being a bit nervous on serious DH can still bomb.
    I'm guessing its no accident that the One is designed for a 16mm bottom stack, as running a Boxxer with its 1 1/8" stem means using a Zeroset bottom bearing which means one looses about 1/2 deg HA running an Angleset but then you can add 1.5 deg more to that taking you to 66 deg. Going the other way you can still get to 63 deg which should be enough for anyone.
    So for me, I run 66 deg most of the year and 64-64.5 for bike parks and big hills like Whistler.
    What makes it work for general trail use is the steeper HA and gushy suspension that still magically pedals uphill well enough to stay with any 35 pound bike including hardtails.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 29 lbs sold
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

Members who have read this thread: 0