Can Diggle- creak anyone?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Can Diggle- creak anyone?

Hey all,

Got about 30 hours of DH on my Diggle. Recently, I;ve noticed a creak coming from the rear end pretty much whenever the suspension activates, and especially when I stand up and crank on it.

I'm 98% sure it's coming from the pivot/bearings where the lower rocker meets the main frame. I can also make it creak by grabbing the rear tire and rocking it side to side.

All the pivot bolts are torqued, check that several times. Any suggestions? I guess the next step is pulling it apart and regreasing it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Matt,

I am interested in the diggle and hopefully will be able to demo @ interbike in vegas this fall.

I would check bootom bracket, chainring bolts, seat setpost first all of the easy stuff. I have have creaks that sounded like suspension but were actually all of the above.

Also what kind of bearings do they run are they sealed?

should know better.....
    Hey Matt,
    I've got about 12 hours total ride time on mine, still very quiet, But I'll be paying attention. About 6 of those hours were in mud like I've never seen before, that required major hosing and cleaning, everything still seems ok though....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    My One was doing the same thing, pull the front axle on the lower pivot. Clean and regrease. Hopefully that works for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer299
    My One was doing the same thing, pull the front axle on the lower pivot. Clean and regrease. Hopefully that works for you.
    Thanks , that's good to know. I just shot some Phil's down there, and that quited it up. If it acts up again, I'll just pull and regrease the axle.

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Matt, that doesn't sound good to me... (I don't even receive my CanDiggle..:-( ...).
    I don't know if it's a characteristic of dual link "vpp" bike which put a lot of stress on the bearing particularly lower. I read on SantaCruz forum they put some anti seize on all the pivot and even on the new frame to avoid pivot shaft binding to inner bearing race. It maybe applicable here.
    This is something Chris and Lance need to address before become a epidemic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by softailteamrider
    Matt, that doesn't sound good to me... (I don't even receive my CanDiggle..:-( ...).
    I don't know if it's a characteristic of dual link "vpp" bike which put a lot of stress on the bearing particularly lower. I read on SantaCruz forum they put some anti seize on all the pivot and even on the new frame to avoid pivot shaft binding to inner bearing race. It maybe applicable here.
    This is something Chris and Lance need to address before become a epidemic.
    I flipped the shock around (the way I had it, the piggyback was hitting the rocker link), tightened everything, through some Phil's tenacious on the lower forward pivot (didn't take it apart) and after 4 days in the bike park, no creaking or play.

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about creaking/play, and I highly doubt it will become an epidemic like VPP.

Members who have read this thread: 0