Anyone on a Canfield?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone on a Canfield?

I was curious to know if anyone here is on a Canfield. Specifically the F1. I realize I could post this in the DH/FR forum, but have read through the archieves. I am considering this frame and was hoping some of you could give me your feedback on it. Even if you have ridden one and don't own one that would be great too.

Thanks for your help.

Master of Disaster
    Dec 2004
    WestCoastHucker has one
    Smell The Glove

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Thread moved to the new "Custom DH/FR/Urban Builders" board.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yup...I have been riding an F1 for about a year. I am NE based and have ridden it at most mountains around the northeast and spent a week in Whistler with it and its incredible. Sooo stable its easy to just let it fly. Eats everything in its path but somehow remains prettty nimble. Most of the riding I do it tight and twisty and the bike never falters in the tight stuff. Nice low standover and COG so it corners unbelievably. I love it...I really cant think of a single thing I dont like about it. I bought without any real test ride and havent regretted the decision for an instant. Both of the Canfield brothers are awesome to deal with. If you have the funds, I would heartily recommend it
    rise above

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by auntesther
    Yup...I have been riding an F1 for about a year. I am NE based and have ridden it at most mountains around the northeast and spent a week in Whistler with it and its incredible. Sooo stable its easy to just let it fly. Eats everything in its path but somehow remains prettty nimble. Most of the riding I do it tight and twisty and the bike never falters in the tight stuff. Nice low standover and COG so it corners unbelievably. I love it...I really cant think of a single thing I dont like about it. I bought without any real test ride and havent regretted the decision for an instant. Both of the Canfield brothers are awesome to deal with. If you have the funds, I would heartily recommend it
    Your feedback is helpful and re-enforcing. I hope I can pull together the funds for this next season. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

ill let you know

i just finish to build mine so ill let you know how it works
    i bought them without a test ride they made me horny!!
    on the account of the few meters that i rode the suspension is much more alive lets say from the demo 9 i had before
    but there's more bobbing that needs to adjust
    ill start kicking and let you know

mtbr member
    Been on my F1 for over a year now and agrea with above. Its a monster, flys through rock gardens and I ride alot of single track with hairpin switch backs as well and its great.
    Fastes bike in the rough stuff I have ridden to date. Drops and hucks great, ride alot of urban or did and race it as well.
    Love it!!!!!
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    This definately sounds like a sweet rig. You find it works well for stuff other than DH ? It free rides well even with the rearward axle path ? I was thinking it wouldnt be the nimblest bike for slow and tight techy stuff. Seems like a Candiggle or Delerium etc would be a better choice for that.

Members who have read this thread: 0