2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2019

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!

Hey, Everyone!

Thanks for all the support since our announcement earlier this month!

It truly means the world to us and keeps us going as we work to bring you more two-wheeled awesomeness. On that note, I’m stoked to bring you our first new bike announcement as well as pre-order options for an exclusive one-time-only price and other exclusive Black Friday deals!

We’re proud to announce the first new bike of 2020: the 5th Generation of our iconic steel hardtail, the Nimble 9. The N9 is quite possibly the most fun you can have on a hardtail, and I’m excited to share it with you before anyone else!

Scroll down to get the quick and dirty on the new N9, find out how you can pre-order now for a one-time-only low price, as well as some exclusive Black Friday deals including 50% off on cranks and chainrings and up to $50 off pedals.

See ya on the trails!

Cheers,
    -Lance

2020 NIMBLE 9

For 2020, the Nimble 9 sees refreshed geometry across all sizes as well as all-new two-tone, pinstriped paint in five retro-inspired color combinations.

Handcrafted in small batches, the Nimble 9 is a steel all-mountain hardtail built to get rowdy and designed to accommodate 29-inch, 29-plus or 27.5-plus wheels with up to 2.8-inch tires. Combining the revered ride quality of 4130 chromoly steel with vertically compliant, radial-bent chainstays and updated aggressive all-mountain geometry, the Nimble 9 challenges preconceptions of mountain bikes with both big wheels and rigid rear-ends.

PRE-ORDER NOW

We’ve been redefining the way 29ers ride since the revolutionary Yelli Screamy (the first production 29er with sub-17-inch chainstays) was introduced in 2011, and the latest N9 is no exception. A slack 66-degree head-angle keeps things confident when you venture where no hardtail should, and short chainstays (adjustable down to 16.4-inches via sliding dropouts) make sure the Nimble 9 lives up to its name.

Combined with updated sizing that adds more than an inch of reach to each size from the previous generation, the N9 might just be the most fun and capable hardtail on the market.

In addition, all sizes see a shorter seat tube to better fit today’s longer dropper posts and and provide more maneuverability when you drop the saddle and let gravity take over. Chainstay yokes have also been redesigned for added stiffness and durability.

The Nimble 9 is such a fun, versatile bike. Whether you’re building it as a single-speed, a bikepacking rig or just a playful, all-mountain hardtail, this bike brings the party to the trail.

Available in Mantis Green, Night Sky Blue, Mud Puddle Brown, Race Car Red and RAD Pink in S, M, L and XL, the 2020 Nimble 9 will retail for $799.99 and is available now on pre-order for Black Friday Pricing of only $599.99 at CanfieldBikes.com. Frame, fork and headset bundles are also available.

Canfield Nimble 9 Features

• 29″ All Mountain
    • 4130 chromoly steel
    • Radial-bent chainstays tuned for a compliant ride
    • Increased reach and shorter seat tube
    • 66° head angle (w/ 150mm fork)
    • Custom sliding Boost 148mm x 12mm rear dropouts, axle included
    • Adjustable 417mm to 433mm chainstays
    • Clearance for up to 2.8 tires
    • Singlespeed-able
    • Stealth cable routing
    • ISCG 05 chain guide mount
    • Custom two-tone paint
    • Frame weight: 6 lbs
    • ED Black treated for superior corrosion resistance
    • Removable direct mount front derailleur block
    • Two water bottle bosses
    • Includes Headset + Seat Clamp

Canfield 2020 Nimble 9 Geo ( Based on 150mm fork, 563mm Axle to Crown)
    Top Tube Length (Effective)* 570mm 597mm 625mm 652mm
    Reach 425mm 450mm 475mm 500mm
    Stack* 634mm 638mm 648mm 656mm
    Standover Height* 745mm 780mm 800mm 830mm
    Seat Tube Length 370mm 405mm 445mm 490mm
    Wheel Base* 1156mm 1183mm 1212mm 1241mm
    Head Tube Angle 66° 66° 66° 66°
    Seat Tube Angle (Effective) 77° 77° 77° 77°
    Chainstay Length 415-430mm 415-430mm 415-430mm 415-430mm
    Bottom Bracket Drop 50mm 50mm 50mm 50mm
    Head Tube length 100mm 105mm 115mm 125mm

CANFIELD BIKES BLACK FRIDAY + CYBER MONDAY PRICING
    Canfield Bikes is offering limited-time pre-order pricing on the new Nimble 9 frames and frame and fork packages, as well as killer deals on all components including cranks, chainrings and pedals.

NIMBLE 9
    N9 FRAME + HEADSET + SEAT CLAMP (pre-order)
    • MSRP: $799.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $599.99 (SAVE $200)
    • CYBER MONDAY PRICING: $649.99 (SAVE $150)

N9 FRAME + FORK (DVO DIAMOND BOOST 150MM) + HEADSET + SEAT CLAMP (pre-order)
    • MSRP: $1,899.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $1,299.99 (SAVE $600)
    • CYBER MONDAY PRICING: $1,399.99 (SAVE $500)

COMPONENTS
    CRAMPON ULTIMATE PEDALS
    • MSRP: $149.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $99.99 Pre-Orders Only (pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $50)
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $124.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $25)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $109.99 Pre-Orders Only (Pre-order pricing, pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $40)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $129.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $20)

CRAMPON MOUNTAIN PEDALS
    • MSRP: $149.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $99.99 Pre-Orders Only (pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $50)
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $134.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $15)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $109.99 Pre-Orders Only (Pre-order pricing, pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $40)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $139.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $10)

CRAMPON ULTIMATE MAGNESIUM PEDALS
    • MSRP: $199.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $144.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $55)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $149.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $50)

CANFIELD C2 AM/DH CRANKS
    • MSRP: $199.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $99.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $100)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $109.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $90)

CANFIELD C2 REGULAR CHAINRINGS
    • MSRP: $19.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY: $9.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $10)

CANFIELD C2 NARROW-WIDE CHAINRINGS
    • MSRP: $49.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY: $24.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $25)

ABOUT CANFIELD BIKES
    Canfield Bikes produces the most sought after high-performance—and fun—bikes and components available. Having continually refined the principles of suspension design and frame geometry ever since Lance's first handbuilt bikes went on to be Rampage and World Cup tested, the brand remains on the cutting edge of what is possible between two wheels. Produced in limited quantities to exacting standards and backed by a commitment to personal customer service and a hands-on approach, you won’t find anything quite like a Canfield bike. For more information, visit CanfieldBikes.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!-canfield-nimble9-night-sky-hq.jpg  

2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!-2020-canfield-n9-colors.jpg  

Last edited by Canfield Bikes; 12-09-2019 at 11:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Cool! when is the 2020 Riot coming

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    All right!! What does that weigh in at. The EPO has me spoiled.
    Last edited by scycllerist; 11-29-2019 at 12:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Any more specific insight on delivery timelines? Like Spring as in March, or Spring as in June?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Effective top tube lengths across sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your bike sucks
    Great looking frames and good on you for offering a deal. Glad you're back!
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

mtbr member
    I’ll second chowdapilot’s request.

The bikes look nice.

mtbr member
    Glad to see new Canfield bikes, but that HTA is steep for a modern hardtail. Sagged that's like ~68 degrees which is pretty steep these days.

Unless that HTA is after sag. If so than 66 degrees would be great.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    I'll 3rd chowdapilot's request, add stack, and confirmation of HTA measured static/unloaded or at sag.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I'd want to use 140mm forks for heavier guy trail use.

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by scycllerist View Post
    All right!! What does that weigh in at. The EPO has me spoiled.
    It's +/- 6lbs depending on size. I love my EPO but the new short seat tube and slack HA on the N9 is going to be fun.
    https://canfieldbikes.com/
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
    Any more specific insight on delivery timelines? Like Spring as in March, or Spring as in June?
    It's a bit early for giving a solid delivery date but what I can say is frames will be done by the end of Feb, then going to paint and packaging before shipping them to the US. We are shooting for the end of March. As we get closer I will be able to give a firm delivery date.
    www.mtbparks.com

Canfield Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdapilot View Post
    Effective top tube lengths across sizes?

I'll be posting up a complete geo chart soon.
    www.mtbparks.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I would really be keen to pre-order but without complete geo so I know which size, I'd be hard pressed - altho I suspect I'd be able to make the proper change once full geo's released?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hopefully they'll hold the Friday price a few more days foe folks to decide.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Glad to see new Canfield bikes, but that HTA is steep for a modern hardtail. Sagged that's like ~68 degrees which is pretty steep these days.

Unless that HTA is after sag. If so than 66 degrees would be great.
    Do other companies list sagged HTA for hardtails? I don't recall ever seeing that

mtbr member
    Can I run 160 fork. Effective top tube, bottom bracket height & stand over height? 160 fork 65 degree head 77 degree Seat maybe? 5’7” small or medium. My fully evil calling is a medium fits me well.
    Four wheels move my body Two wheels move my soul

mtbr member
    The colors are great
    Any olans for glow in the dark colors?
    17' Canfield Jedi 27.5" - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Much of a Canfield fan as I am, and was waiting to put in an order for this frame, sad to say I can't really agree with these colors... looks like I'll have to pass on this amazing pre-order price

Hoping for more colors in the future, hopefully a return to metallic finishes. Even that rainbow oil slick one that was teased on FB is above these two-tone paint finishes to me.

Chrome would be very tempting, or perhaps even some translucent candy colors?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The look great to me! Any more info on the steel?

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Yes, designed for 140-160 fork.

Will have full geo soon. At 5'7" you could go small with the longer reach on the new bikes, but probably medium. Personal preference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Are the frames that are pictured 4th Gen N9s with the new colors overlaid? Just visually curious...

Really looking forward to seeing a 5th Gen all built up!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Not on this run, but you never know!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    What about a seat tube size and minimal fork? I have a DVO sapphire that'd work well and look great on that brown.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    We've updated the geo chart in the original post with a few more specs—give 'er a look!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by scoon View Post
    The look great to me! Any more info on the steel?
    It's a high-quality 4130 chromoly. Comparable to Reynolds tubing.

The ride quality is really the highlight. Compared to an aluminum or carbon hard tail, the N9 truly has a noticeably more compliant ride, especially with our radial bent stays which are designed to absorb impact and damp vibration.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by snox700 View Post
    Are the frames that are pictured 4th Gen N9s with the new colors overlaid? Just visually curious...

Really looking forward to seeing a 5th Gen all built up!
    Since this bike is still in production, the color comps we have were created using the previous gen as a base.

We can't wait to build this up and share it with you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    What about a seat tube size and minimal fork? I have a DVO sapphire that'd work well and look great on that brown.
    Seat tube is 30.9 and we recommend 140mm to 160mm fork.

The brown is one of our favorites!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by greddyvox View Post
    Much of a Canfield fan as I am, and was waiting to put in an order for this frame, sad to say I can't really agree with these colors... looks like I'll have to pass on this amazing pre-order price

Hoping for more colors in the future, hopefully a return to metallic finishes. Even that rainbow oil slick one that was teased on FB is above these two-tone paint finishes to me.

Chrome would be very tempting, or perhaps even some translucent candy colors?
    Bummer! You can't please everyone every time. We had so many colors we really liked and it was hard to narrow it down. We definitely are big fans of the sparkle metallic finishes as well, but wanted to change it up a bit and have something new and fresh.

Hopefully we'll have something else soon that catches your eye...

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    I would really be keen to pre-order but without complete geo so I know which size, I'd be hard pressed - altho I suspect I'd be able to make the proper change once full geo's released?
    Yes, if you pre-order and decide to change before things ship, that's not a problem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Canfield Bikes View Post
    Bummer! You can't please everyone every time. We had so many colors we really liked and it was hard to narrow it down. We definitely are big fans of the sparkle metallic finishes as well, but wanted to change it up a bit and have something new and fresh.

Hopefully we'll have something else soon that catches your eye...
    Holding my breath!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I just built up an NS Eccentric Aluminum. Fortunately I preordered this frame to battle the “I want better”. Super nice online experience. The Red and White is just so.... YUP. I’m not a big roller, but this one will fit my red carbon rims...lol.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Ordered a blue/black frame with the blue dvo fork to match the other day. Absolutely stoked! Hoping to fit a 29x3 xr2 or chronicle out back with a 29x3 DHF up front.

The mud brown looked so awesome but the blue frame and DVO fork was too good to pass up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Rad—stoked for you! Going to be a killer looking combo.

We officially recommend a 2.8 in the rear to allow mud/debris clearance, but the actual clearance is 80mm (3.15 in). Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdan View Post
    Ordered a blue/black frame with the blue dvo fork to match the other day. Absolutely stoked! Hoping to fit a 29x3 xr2 or chronicle out back with a 29x3 DHF up front.

The mud brown looked so awesome but the blue frame and DVO fork was too good to pass up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Rad—stoked for you! Going to be a killer looking combo.

We officially recommend a 2.8 in the rear to allow mud/debris clearance, but the actual clearance is 80mm (3.15 in). Hope that helps!
    Awesome. I'm hoping with a stiff wheelset and 35mm width, it'll be just enough! In the Arizona desert, mud is rarely an issue, phew!

I'll definitely report back with my results. Can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Awesome!

Awesome. I'm hoping with a stiff wheelset and 35mm width, it'll be just enough! In the Arizona desert, mud is rarely an issue, phew!

I'll definitely report back with my results. Can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    [QUOTE=barefootdan;14532221]Ordered a blue/black frame with the blue dvo fork to match the other day. Absolutely stoked! Hoping to fit a 29x3 xr2 or chronicle out back with a 29x3 DHF up front.

The mud brown looked so awesome but the blue frame and DVO fork was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE

yep, that mud brown is sweet. I had a hard time passing it for Red/white.
    got an email from Canfield today, won’t be long! Slx 12speed 4pot, Z1 build forthcoming!

mtbr member
    Are they giving any more details on an ETA?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Are they giving any more details on an ETA?
    No real firm eta, early spring according to email. Gives me time to get microspline, dropper, etc ready. And time to sell a bike or 3.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Excited to see some of these get built up! I've been toying around with the idea of upgrading from my Niner ROS 9, this one may be in the lead at the moment...

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    How does sizing compare to the Yelli? I rode a size large for a few years until I switched to full suspension because my feet took a beating during endurance races. I want to build up a SS hardtail with this frame.

mtbr member
    Just ordered a Racecar Red and fork. I'm beyond stoked for this thing. Does anyone know how big of a tire the Diamond will fit?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSteven View Post
    Just ordered a Racecar Red and fork. I'm beyond stoked for this thing. Does anyone know how big of a tire the Diamond will fit?
    I think 29x3 fits fine. Are you thinking of that or something fatter?

mtbr member
    I think 29x3 fits fine. Are you thinking of that or something fatter?
    I was thinking of running 2.6s. I couldn't find anything official from DVO on tire clearance, and I know the non-boost had some really bad clearance issues.

I have always run 2.4s and would be happy to do the same on the new N9, but thought 2.6s might be a good choice with the tire choices out there now. Sounds like that won't be an issue.

Canfield Bikes
    The tire opening on the N9 frame is 80mm. Up to a 2.8" tire is going to fit nice, a 3" tire will start getting tight, I'd recommend against running 3" tires, there's just very little room for mud or a slightly off wheel.
    www.mtbparks.com

mtbr member
    I was thinking of running 2.6s. I couldn't find anything official from DVO on tire clearance, and I know the non-boost had some really bad clearance issues.

I have always run 2.4s and would be happy to do the same on the new N9, but thought 2.6s might be a good choice with the tire choices out there now. Sounds like that won't be an issue.
    I'm running a Specialized Butcher 2.6 on my non-boost Diamond and it squeezes in there with a little room...though I can't run it with the fender.

mtbr member
    Has anyone seen updates on the delivery dates for the N9?? I'm chomping at the bit over here and riding season is kicking off...

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    We're on track for early/mid May! Getting close!

(If you've pre-ordered, you should be getting update emails).

Has anyone seen updates on the delivery dates for the N9?? I'm chomping at the bit over here and riding season is kicking off...

mtbr member
    We're on track for early/mid May! Getting close!

(If you've pre-ordered, you should be getting update emails).
    Thanks for the update. I pre-ordered long ago but hadnt seen any emails besides the ones for new models coming out. Is the mid May date shipping out to us or is that the frames coming in and still needing paint?

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    That date is for shipping to you. We expect to receive everything to our warehouse early May and start getting pre-orders out ASAP!

Anyone with a pre-order should have received an update email around April 1.

Thanks for the update. I pre-ordered long ago but hadnt seen any emails besides the ones for new models coming out. Is the mid May date shipping out to us or is that the frames coming in and still needing paint?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Got my 16 n9 awaiting transplant, going b+ Cant wait! Only wish i had a headset press

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Can't wait to see what you your build will be! Such a fun frame for building a plus bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenkeep View Post
    Got my 16 n9 awaiting transplant, going b+ Cant wait! Only wish i had a headset press

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I bought my mud puddle brown N9 to match my Caldors shirt:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!-dynamicimagehandler_3ea97d7e-4da0-4b10-993f-1ff2384e5f96.jpg  

2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!-canfield-nimble9-mud-puddle_1024x1024%402x.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    THAT is going to be a killer combo!

Quote Originally Posted by GEF_4 View Post
    I bought my mud puddle brown N9 to match my Caldors shirt:

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Are we still on track for a 1st half of May delivery?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Also very interested to know this.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Any updates on the 1st batch? I’m about to order a Cherry XL but want confirmation a 29x2.8 truly fits.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Me too, I’m getting restless with not knowing when I will have my N9

mtbr member
    Interested to know when stock arrives, too. I'm not the pre-order type...

The newest N9 ticks all of the boxes for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Canfield responded to my email. They're expecting to receive the frames mid June then will send them out. Not sure how long that will take.

mtbr member
    Good to know. Preeesh and thank. Now to see how patient I can be! :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Hey, everyone.

We apologize for the radio silence but have been chasing several moving pieces and didn't want to give inaccurate updates or go back on our word if things changed again.

Obviously there has been a delay (and you can probably guess why), but we are SO CLOSE.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Details (and bikes) coming shortly...

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Yes, 2.8 fits with ease. Exact space between the stays is 80mm, which is close to 3.25, so even a 3.0 will fit, but we recommend max 2.8 to allow for mud clearance and the variance between tire brands/tread patterns for claimed width.

Any updates on the 1st batch? I’m about to order a Cherry XL but want confirmation a 29x2.8 truly fits.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchbanker View Post
    Canfield responded to my email. They're expecting to receive the frames mid June then will send them out. Not sure how long that will take.
    That appears to only be for the second batch. The first batch (two-tone/pinstripe) is now slated for July.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    That's a bummer!

I feel your pain, though. I ordered this frame to replace a broken frame on my main bike. My only other mountain bike is a rigid single speed. It's a fun sometimes bike but a crappy only bike around here where many of the trails are steep. I'm very eagerly awaiting my new frame. It is a little frustrating that the shop that ordered it for me called Canfield in the end of April to confirm the shipping date and they said I should have it by now, but I guess there's not much we can do about it. Hope it shows up soon and is as good as I imagine it will be.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    So the 2nd batch ships before the 1st? Seems odd but possibly due to the less elaborate paint job?

mtbr member
    So the 2nd batch ships before the 1st? Seems odd but possibly due to the less elaborate paint job?
    Yup.

mtbr member
    That's a bummer!

I feel your pain, though. I ordered this frame to replace a broken frame on my main bike. My only other mountain bike is a rigid single speed. It's a fun sometimes bike but a crappy only bike around here where many of the trails are steep. I'm very eagerly awaiting my new frame. It is a little frustrating that the shop that ordered it for me called Canfield in the end of April to confirm the shipping date and they said I should have it by now, but I guess there's not much we can do about it. Hope it shows up soon and is as good as I imagine it will be.
    I'm in the same boat...but I temporarily threw an old Bomber 44 Ti fork on the rigid.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Are we taking bets whether the new July date will stand?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Trying to be an optimist, my rigid ss worked on whopping my ass into better shape this morning and helped me practice being more fluid. Of course, the optimism can only last so long...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Would it be crazy to build up a N9 as straight non-plus 27.5" (with a 29er fork) for jump lines, trails, and hooning around the neighborhood? The thought of sharing wheels/tires with my Balance is attractive.

The smaller wheel drops the BB by ~20mm, and running the fork at 160mm gets a few mm of that back. There are plenty of hardtails out there with 305-310mm static BBs (Kona Honzo comes to mind), and I already run 165mm cranks.

Again, not crazy, right?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    No idea but it may work of you're running 27.5 by 2.6 tires.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2405 View Post
    Would it be crazy to build up a N9 as straight non-plus 27.5" (with a 29er fork) for jump lines, trails, and hooning around the neighborhood? The thought of sharing wheels/tires with my Balance is attractive.

The smaller wheel drops the BB by ~20mm, and running the fork at 160mm gets a few mm of that back. There are plenty of hardtails out there with 305-310mm static BBs (Kona Honzo comes to mind), and I already run 165mm cranks.

Again, not crazy, right?
    Try just the rear wheel. Really like how the Riot rides with Balance rear wheel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Looking for any Nimble 9 owners! please PM me if you get a chance. seeking advice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_VA View Post
    Looking for any Nimble 9 owners! please PM me if you get a chance. seeking advice.
    Why the secrecy?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_VA View Post
    please PM me. seeking advice.
    If the rash lasts more than 7 days see a doctor

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Seems to be the case. I'm a bit frustrated to be sure as it means I'll have to rent a bike for an upcoming trip. A few days of that adds up. Almost cancelled my order and ordered a RSD, but decided to stick with the Nimble. I have a small biz as well, so I know that every order really does count.

On the plus side, it gave me the time to track down the fork I really wanted.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I have also been considering cancelling the order. I placed the order through a local shop who was told it should be in yesterday (second due date I was given). It isn't. I don't have a fleet of bicycles and when my last bike frame broke I was stuck with rigid ss. It's a great sometimes bike but it's been my only bike for over 3 months. When the bike shop told me they thought this would be a good frame for me I told them I wanted to know covid wouldn't postpone it too much. They gave me about a month until shipping. That would have been end of may. Then it was June 20th. Still no bike. I missed a lot of riding. I really want this bike and I want to support a small company, but I'm thinking of cancelling my order and getting something off Craigslist. I'd love to hear that I have my panties in a twist over nothing and am overreacting and that my frame will be here this week. I've just been without for so long. Seeing how quick Canfield was to post their new pedals I feel like they would be all over talking about it if they had shipped. It's frustrating. End rant.

mtbr member
    May 2005

2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!

If it helps, I heard the 1st shipment of frames is scheduled to land in the coming days. Also I have a good friend in the bike industry and he has confirmed, getting space on cargo ships these days is almost impossible. Limited space and high demand has created frustration for buyers and manufacturers alike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I don't think you're being unreasonable. It's not 100% their fault, but I do think they led people on a bit about the timeline. In mid-April they said everything was on track, but they would of known by then that a delay was at least possible and could of given folks a heads up.

I'd be okay if my frame was shipping soon with the first wave, but my frustration stems from the pinstripe frames taking so much longer despite being the earliest orders. I'm sticking it out, but it's definitely frustrating.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Tough times for everyone including companies. I’d imagine they’re pulling their hair out dealing with constant change on things they have no control over.

Stick it out, it’ll be worth it.

Best bikes I’ve ever had.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hopefully some production pics soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Well, there probably isn’t anything on Craigslist or Pinkbike, the used market is as depleted as the new market.

You could look around for something equivalent that is in stock, Chromag, Kona, RSD.

In the end, it’s just a hardtail, the magic is limited.

I have also been considering cancelling the order. I placed the order through a local shop who was told it should be in yesterday (second due date I was given). It isn't. I don't have a fleet of bicycles and when my last bike frame broke I was stuck with rigid ss. It's a great sometimes bike but it's been my only bike for over 3 months. When the bike shop told me they thought this would be a good frame for me I told them I wanted to know covid wouldn't postpone it too much. They gave me about a month until shipping. That would have been end of may. Then it was June 20th. Still no bike. I missed a lot of riding. I really want this bike and I want to support a small company, but I'm thinking of cancelling my order and getting something off Craigslist. I'd love to hear that I have my panties in a twist over nothing and am overreacting and that my frame will be here this week. I've just been without for so long. Seeing how quick Canfield was to post their new pedals I feel like they would be all over talking about it if they had shipped. It's frustrating. End rant.
    GG Megatrail 27.5 (Braaap!)
    GG Trail Pistola 27+/29 (speedy)
    Pivot Shuttle 27.5 (wife's)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    There are a couple on Craigslist in my neck of the woods. I want to support a small business, but am trying to figure out where that crosses the line of wanting a bike to ride. I plan on waiting a little longer, I just get frustrated with the situation. I'd really love an update.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Hey, everyone! We hear you and understand the frustration. We've done our best to share accurate updates, but everything seems subject to change with everything going on in the world right now.

The good news is the bikes hit the port in CA earlier this week, were cleared through customs and are on the way to our warehouse! We expect to see them early next week, then we'll be packing and shipping to YOU.

NEW BIKE DAY IS CLOSE!

Pinstripe N9s are a few weeks behind...we're bummed on that, but didn't expect that sweet paint job to take so much extra time.

Thanks for your support, patience and understanding!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thank you for the updates