2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2019

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!

Hey, Everyone!

Thanks for all the support since our announcement earlier this month!

It truly means the world to us and keeps us going as we work to bring you more two-wheeled awesomeness. On that note, I’m stoked to bring you our first new bike announcement as well as pre-order options for an exclusive one-time-only price and other exclusive Black Friday deals!

We’re proud to announce the first new bike of 2020: the 5th Generation of our iconic steel hardtail, the Nimble 9. The N9 is quite possibly the most fun you can have on a hardtail, and I’m excited to share it with you before anyone else!

Scroll down to get the quick and dirty on the new N9, find out how you can pre-order now for a one-time-only low price, as well as some exclusive Black Friday deals including 50% off on cranks and chainrings and up to $50 off pedals.

See ya on the trails!

Cheers,
    -Lance

2020 NIMBLE 9

For 2020, the Nimble 9 sees refreshed geometry across all sizes as well as all-new two-tone, pinstriped paint in five retro-inspired color combinations.

Handcrafted in small batches, the Nimble 9 is a steel all-mountain hardtail built to get rowdy and designed to accommodate 29-inch, 29-plus or 27.5-plus wheels with up to 2.8-inch tires. Combining the revered ride quality of 4130 chromoly steel with vertically compliant, radial-bent chainstays and updated aggressive all-mountain geometry, the Nimble 9 challenges preconceptions of mountain bikes with both big wheels and rigid rear-ends.

PRE-ORDER NOW

We’ve been redefining the way 29ers ride since the revolutionary Yelli Screamy (the first production 29er with sub-17-inch chainstays) was introduced in 2011, and the latest N9 is no exception. A slack 66-degree head-angle keeps things confident when you venture where no hardtail should, and short chainstays (adjustable down to 16.4-inches via sliding dropouts) make sure the Nimble 9 lives up to its name.

Combined with updated sizing that adds more than an inch of reach to each size from the previous generation, the N9 might just be the most fun and capable hardtail on the market.

In addition, all sizes see a shorter seat tube to better fit today’s longer dropper posts and and provide more maneuverability when you drop the saddle and let gravity take over. Chainstay yokes have also been redesigned for added stiffness and durability.

The Nimble 9 is such a fun, versatile bike. Whether you’re building it as a single-speed, a bikepacking rig or just a playful, all-mountain hardtail, this bike brings the party to the trail.

Available in Mantis Green, Night Sky Blue, Mud Puddle Brown, Race Car Red and RAD Pink in S, M, L and XL, the 2020 Nimble 9 will retail for $799.99 and is available now on pre-order for Black Friday Pricing of only $599.99 at CanfieldBikes.com. Frame, fork and headset bundles are also available.

Canfield Nimble 9 Features

• 29″ All Mountain
    • 4130 chromoly steel
    • Radial-bent chainstays tuned for a compliant ride
    • Increased reach and shorter seat tube
    • 66° head angle (w/ 150mm fork)
    • Custom sliding Boost 148mm x 12mm rear dropouts, axle included
    • Adjustable 417mm to 433mm chainstays
    • Clearance for up to 2.8 tires
    • Singlespeed-able
    • Stealth cable routing
    • ISCG 05 chain guide mount
    • Custom two-tone paint
    • Frame weight: 6 lbs
    • ED Black treated for superior corrosion resistance
    • Removable direct mount front derailleur block
    • Two water bottle bosses
    • Includes Headset + Seat Clamp

Canfield 2020 Nimble 9 Geo ( Based on 150mm fork, 563mm Axle to Crown)
    Size S M L XL
    Reach 425mm 450mm 475mm 500mm
    Seat Tube Length 370mm 405mm 445mm 490mm
    Head Tube Angle 66° 66° 66° 66°
    Seat Tube Angle (Effective) 77° 77° 77° 77°
    Chainstay Length 417mm - 433mm 417mm - 433mm 417mm - 433mm 417mm - 433mm
    Bottom Bracket Drop 50mm 50mm 50mm 50mm
    Head Tube length 100mm 105mm 115mm 125mm

CANFIELD BIKES BLACK FRIDAY + CYBER MONDAY PRICING
    Canfield Bikes is offering limited-time pre-order pricing on the new Nimble 9 frames and frame and fork packages, as well as killer deals on all components including cranks, chainrings and pedals.

NIMBLE 9
    N9 FRAME + HEADSET + SEAT CLAMP (pre-order)
    • MSRP: $799.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $599.99 (SAVE $200)
    • CYBER MONDAY PRICING: $649.99 (SAVE $150)

N9 FRAME + FORK (DVO DIAMOND BOOST 150MM) + HEADSET + SEAT CLAMP (pre-order)
    • MSRP: $1,899.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $1,299.99 (SAVE $600)
    • CYBER MONDAY PRICING: $1,399.99 (SAVE $500)

COMPONENTS
    CRAMPON ULTIMATE PEDALS
    • MSRP: $149.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $99.99 Pre-Orders Only (pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $50)
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $124.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $25)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $109.99 Pre-Orders Only (Pre-order pricing, pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $40)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $129.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $20)

CRAMPON MOUNTAIN PEDALS
    • MSRP: $149.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $99.99 Pre-Orders Only (pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $50)
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $134.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $15)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $109.99 Pre-Orders Only (Pre-order pricing, pedals will ship at the end of January) (SAVE $40)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $139.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $10)

CRAMPON ULTIMATE MAGNESIUM PEDALS
    • MSRP: $199.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $144.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $55)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $149.99 In-Stock Pedals (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $50)

CANFIELD C2 AM/DH CRANKS
    • MSRP: $199.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY: $99.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $100)
    • CYBER MONDAY: $109.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (Save $90)

CANFIELD C2 REGULAR CHAINRINGS
    • MSRP: $19.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY: $9.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $10)

CANFIELD C2 NARROW-WIDE CHAINRINGS
    • MSRP: $49.99
    • BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY: $24.99 (Limited quantities in stock. Order NOW!) (SAVE $25)

ABOUT CANFIELD BIKES
    Canfield Bikes produces the most sought after high-performance—and fun—bikes and components available. Having continually refined the principles of suspension design and frame geometry ever since Lance's first handbuilt bikes went on to be Rampage and World Cup tested, the brand remains on the cutting edge of what is possible between two wheels. Produced in limited quantities to exacting standards and backed by a commitment to personal customer service and a hands-on approach, you won’t find anything quite like a Canfield bike. For more information, visit CanfieldBikes.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!-canfield-nimble9-night-sky-hq.jpg  

2020 Canfield Nimble 9 Unveiled! Pre-orders, Black Friday pricing and more!-2020-canfield-n9-colors.jpg  

Last edited by Canfield Bikes; 6 Days Ago at 06:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Cool! when is the 2020 Riot coming

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    All right!! What does that weigh in at. The EPO has me spoiled.
    Last edited by scycllerist; 6 Days Ago at 12:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Any more specific insight on delivery timelines? Like Spring as in March, or Spring as in June?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Effective top tube lengths across sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your bike sucks
    Great looking frames and good on you for offering a deal. Glad you're back!
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

mtbr member
    I’ll second chowdapilot’s request.

The bikes look nice.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Glad to see new Canfield bikes, but that HTA is steep for a modern hardtail. Sagged that's like ~68 degrees which is pretty steep these days.

Unless that HTA is after sag. If so than 66 degrees would be great.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    I'll 3rd chowdapilot's request, add stack, and confirmation of HTA measured static/unloaded or at sag.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I'd want to use 140mm forks for heavier guy trail use.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by scycllerist View Post
    All right!! What does that weigh in at. The EPO has me spoiled.
    It's +/- 6lbs depending on size. I love my EPO but the new short seat tube and slack HA on the N9 is going to be fun.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
    Any more specific insight on delivery timelines? Like Spring as in March, or Spring as in June?
    It's a bit early for giving a solid delivery date but what I can say is frames will be done by the end of Feb, then going to paint and packaging before shipping them to the US. We are shooting for the end of March. As we get closer I will be able to give a firm delivery date.
    www.mtbparks.com

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdapilot View Post
    Effective top tube lengths across sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be posting up a complete geo chart soon.
    www.mtbparks.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I would really be keen to pre-order but without complete geo so I know which size, I'd be hard pressed - altho I suspect I'd be able to make the proper change once full geo's released?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hopefully they'll hold the Friday price a few more days foe folks to decide.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Glad to see new Canfield bikes, but that HTA is steep for a modern hardtail. Sagged that's like ~68 degrees which is pretty steep these days.

Unless that HTA is after sag. If so than 66 degrees would be great.
    Do other companies list sagged HTA for hardtails? I don't recall ever seeing that

mtbr member
    Can I run 160 fork. Effective top tube, bottom bracket height & stand over height? 160 fork 65 degree head 77 degree Seat maybe? 5’7” small or medium. My fully evil calling is a medium fits me well.
    Four wheels move my body Two wheels move my soul

mtbr member
    The colors are great
    Any olans for glow in the dark colors?
    17' Canfield Jedi 27.5" - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Much of a Canfield fan as I am, and was waiting to put in an order for this frame, sad to say I can't really agree with these colors... looks like I'll have to pass on this amazing pre-order price

Hoping for more colors in the future, hopefully a return to metallic finishes. Even that rainbow oil slick one that was teased on FB is above these two-tone paint finishes to me.

Chrome would be very tempting, or perhaps even some translucent candy colors?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The look great to me! Any more info on the steel?

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Yes, designed for 140-160 fork.

Will have full geo soon. At 5'7" you could go small with the longer reach on the new bikes, but probably medium. Personal preference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Are the frames that are pictured 4th Gen N9s with the new colors overlaid? Just visually curious...

Really looking forward to seeing a 5th Gen all built up!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Not on this run, but you never know!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Thanks!