2014 Nimble 9 Rigid Fork

Printable View

• 02-03-2017
    Jem7sk
    1 Attachment(s)
    2014 Nimble 9 Rigid Fork
    I built up my Nimble 9 two years ago at this time. I got the 2014 frame because they didn't have any 2015s ready yet. I had been riding a lot for three years but got two rides on the Nimble 9 and quit for two years due to life. Now I am back and riding 4 to 7 days a week. I'm not so sure I even need a suspension fork here in Florida. This bike handles everything so well especially with the 2.4" 29 Racing Ralphs. I thought I would try a rigid fork and see what it was like. Any recommendations?

Attachment 1119386
  • 02-03-2017
    Cerberus75
    What fork and travel are you running now? Are you comfortable with the ride and head angle the bike presently has? This will help figure out the length you will need.
  • 02-03-2017
    jkidd_39

Chinese carbon fork 15 TA

LOVE my n9 with a rigid fork. Climbs like a dream

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
  • 02-03-2017
    OldHouseMan
    I went with the MRP Rock Solid on my N9 for no other reason than I wanted a 490mm axle to crown rigid fork, and I liked the way it looked. At the time I would have preferred something in steel, but there were not many 490 mm steel forks that were not boat anchors. Not sure what is out there now in steel. So far I have no complaints with the MRP.
  • 02-03-2017
    Jem7sk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    What fork and travel are you running now? Are you comfortable with the ride and head angle the bike presently has? This will help figure out the length you will need.

I'm running a 120mm Reba RL and I like the head angle the bike presently has but I heard that the N9 was designed for a larger Fork?
  • 02-03-2017
    jkidd_39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    I'm running a 120mm Reba RL and I like the head angle the bike presently has but I heard that the N9 was designed for a larger Fork?

It's designed for a 120mm or 140mm fork. Check the geo chart on the bros website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
  • 02-05-2017
    esku
    3 Attachment(s)
    I had the V1 Nimble that was the best frame for rigid
    I tried both the Yelli and the EPO with rigid and it was just great
    I rode all the frames with shocks as well
  • 02-05-2017
    Krigloch
    Nice!
    rigid is damn fun!