2010 Canfield Jedi XL! pics specs and geo!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2010 Canfield Jedi XL! pics specs and geo!!

1 degree slacker HA, 13.8bb as it sits, 41" bar height, 47" WB, and definently more race oriented.
    Its built to ride right now, im more into getting saddle time on it immediatley and Ill take the rest of winter tp pimp it out after I ride.....

2010 Jedi XL
    2010 Boxxer WC (888 evo ti on order)
    2010 Vivid 5.1 (have a roco wc air being tuned right now)
    Raceface cranks (middleburns are sitting here waiting for BB on wed)
    Canfield crampon pedals
    Twenty6 stem
    Avid code brakes (formula The ones on order)
    823s laced to super duty (ordering I9s soon)
    Schwalbe Dirty dans DH 2.25 (= almost to a 2.5 maxxis)
    MRP G2 guide
    Thomson post
    Sunline saddle
    Diety dirty thirty bars
    X9 drivetrain

My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

very nice

Hey very nice build!! What does the bike weight right now? Looks like a great ride!! Post some ride reports later!

mtbr member
    38.9 but will be less this week.. My parts are sitting here waiting like my middleburns (BB will be here wed) and then the roco wc air will be back next week. It will be sitting around mid 36 race ready. I have lots of stans in the tires right now, steel spring and raceface evolve cranks so its a bit hefty..........
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

air shock

Are you going with the air shock just to save weight? Did you look at any other bikes before you bought this one? Still 39 pounds is still nice!! How does the bike pedal and track?

mtbr member
    39s heavy LOL and no I like the feel of the roco wc air its so supple in the mid stroke it sticks to the ground like glue and doesnt get that rattling ass end that you try and keep line of sight while the bikes chalking around. Its steady and smooth.

As far as look at other bikes yes, 951, M6, Supercos silencer but it wasnt ready and throughout it all I like the HA and XL they offer its a perfect fit. Took all the greatness of the 08 and perfected it.....
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Red, White, and Blue I like it! One of the most functionally beautiful bikes on the market. Looking forward to a ride report.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burgundy snake
    Red, White, and Blue I like it! One of the most functionally beautiful bikes on the market. Looking forward to a ride report.
    LOL unplanned. I have a color scheme but we'll see how that pans out. The red is stuff thats from the other build aside of the spring which is getting swapped for a ti and becoming a back up shock the roco wc air is going back on very shortly. Getting rebuilt and tuned at Marz. Ronnies getting it ready for another season.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    what bottom bracket are you using? once again I'm planning a Jedi build, and I want to run Middleburn cranks, but I can't find an 83mm shell ISIS bottom bracket to save my life. it's like they don't exist

and I'd say this bike is DEFINITELY sicker than the '09 you had.

how big of a guy are you? I'm 5'11"-6'0" depending on how recent my haircut is, around 170-180 pounds dry, and the large Jedi seems to be a pretty damn good fit for me, geo wise, and I noticed last year you were on a large, but this year you switched up to an XL
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky View Post
    My butthole would pucker and invert until I was inside-out before I got to the bottom.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg
    what bottom bracket are you using? once again I'm planning a Jedi build, and I want to run Middleburn cranks, but I can't find an 83mm shell ISIS bottom bracket to save my life. it's like they don't exist

and I'd say this bike is DEFINITELY sicker than the '09 you had.

how big of a guy are you? I'm 5'11"-6'0" depending on how recent my haircut is, around 170-180 pounds dry, and the large Jedi seems to be a pretty damn good fit for me, geo wise, and I noticed last year you were on a large, but this year you switched up to an XL
    For your size definently large if you want it a bit smaller than medium. Im 6'3" and rocked a large loved it. Love the XL more ..

BB is a fsa platinum pro 83mm X 128mm this will give you the correct chainline, 1 spacer on BB drive side and med spacers on G2 guide will put it all correct and keep the crnk off the chainstay.

Jedis run 1/2" smaller than most DH bikes but its irrelevant in the fact the rearward arch doesnt allow square edge its to buck you forward so you can get away with a bit smaller frame.
    Id call Lance as Chris is out of town and just ask him what he recomends, at my height the XL is perfect and a cross between most bikes l/xl so its just right
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Sizing on the Jedi-
    under 5'8" Small
    5'8" - 6'0" Medium
    5'11"-6'3" Large
    6'2"- 6'6" XL

cheers
    chris

mtbr member
    Sizing on the Jedi-
    under 5'8" Small
    5'8" - 6'0" Medium
    5'11"-6'3" Large
    6'2"- 6'6" XL

cheers
    chris

mtbr member
    Sizing on the Jedi-
    under 5'8" Small
    5'8" - 6'0" Medium
    5'11"-6'3" Large
    6'2"- 6'6" XL

cheers
    chris

Canfield Bikes
    got the hickups bro?

edit some info in here:

I'm 6 foot and so is Chris. He races and runs a large (23.5") for room to move around, pedaling and stability. I like a medium (22.5") for downhilling, I'm not pedaing much but I hit everything I see, jumps, rocks that look like jumps, burms and the tight technical stuff. I like the quicker feel of an inch shorter wheelbase, fun in the air and rips corners.

I wish I could go ride right now. meltmeltmeltmeltmelt

Members who have read this thread: 0