2016 Brodie Unibomber - rear derailleur sliding dropout replacement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

2016 Brodie Unibomber - rear derailleur sliding dropout replacement

I purchased a brand new Brodie Unibomber on sale this late spring, I couldn't get the Tiger available to replace my Rocky Blizzard that got stolen 2 years ago. When I bought the bike I didn't realized that they gave me a single speed sliding dropout and looked on the web that that there the bike was supposed to have a derailleur hanger with it. I contacted Brodie and they told me they were tight on the parts and getting the last remaining Unibombers out the door and told me my LBS from Edmonton that I bought it from would take care of it. A month later, they are still waiting for it. I looked on line and the only sliding dropout that would come close is from the 2009 Kona Unit (cmphbb reference). My LBS told me that the sliding drop must fit properly from the same frame manufacturer. Don't recommend Paragon, because they won't guaranteed to fit properly. The question that I am asking if Kona's frame are made from the same place as Brodie's or the supplier for that part. I'm converting it into a 1x10 geared bike. Does anyone in the bike business knows about it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Brodie managed to get a coupe of sliding derailleur hangers and sent them to my LBS. Now that I am taken care of, time for the 1x10 conversion.