Trails close to Disneyland?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Trails close to Disneyland?

Is it worth bringing bike to Disneyland? Can i get to a nice trailhead in 15 minutes drive? I am going to be there for 4 days. If i don't bring bike are there any hiking trails?

CEB
    Who's riding today?
    Materhorn....... short but fast.......

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    short but fast is perfect thanks Going to look that trail up
    Last edited by bigdog100; 04-17-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Matahorn is closed right now, sorry!

Your best bet is east of Disney at Santiago Oaks. Katella Road east to Irvine Park. Lots to ride there.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

Sled of Lead.
    HAHA! @ Matterhorn. Don't bother trying to look that up. It's too steep and snowy to ride, even during the summer. Also, a bloodthirsty yeti stalks the caves of that mountain. It's not worth being eaten.

Santiago Oaks/Irvine Park is the closest trailhead to Disneyland that I know of. I think it's about 12 miles away. It's not a huge area but there are quite a bit of very well built fun trails.

Peter's Canyon is also down the street from Irvine Park but the riding there isn't that great.

If you want to drive further there's a lot more options to be had such as Aliso Woods Canyon, El Moro, Whiting/Luge/Old Camp, Holy Jim/Trabuco, San Juan trail, Harding/Joplin.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Sled of Lead.
    11.5 Miles.
    For some reason your link takes me to the Orange circle where Chapman and Glassel meet. You need to head further east to get to the dirt. The best way to enter Santiago Oaks is through Irvine Park.

W Katella Ave to Jamboree Rd - Google Maps

The easiest way to get there is to take Katella East from Disneyland until it turns into Santiago Canyon road. Keep going east on Santiago Canyon Road until it meets Jamboree. Turn left on Jamboree and the road will take you into the entrance for Irvine Park. You can pay to enter the Irvine Park for close parking or you can park in the strip mall on Newport and Chapman and ride 1/4 mile through the streets to enter the park.

CEB
    Who's riding today?
    In all seriousness..... you just leave the family to the sugar and rides, head down the 5 to Ortega Hwy (about 1 hour) and ride the San Juan Trail.

You'll LIKE this one!

Members who have read this thread: 0