Thanksgiving weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Thanksgiving weekend

Well we are set to go to Vegas for a non-traditional Thanksgiving weekend.

Never ridden any trails in Nevada, we are only given 1 day bike trip by our precious wives. So we narrowed it down to 2 choices Bootleg or Cowboy trail. Which one would you choose? We are looking for both types of discipline, good climb and a well deserve DH. . I understand Bootleg have many trail options, which one do you think would fit this?

Thanks for any input.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'm heading there this weekend.

Cowboy is only 13 miles so we will add some trails miles at Blue Diamond.
    It will be my first time there too but based on pictures found on this forum, I would choose cowboy/blue diamond .

BM and PQ Trail Rep
    Bootleg Canyon MTB park

Over in Boulder City, about 35 minutes away. Lots of options there too. XC to Downhill. There is even a small skills park in the main parking area.

As a bonus there are Zip Lines for the families. While not cheap, it is a pretty cool way to remember their trip out there.
    The world does not revolve around you but your actions impact us all!

b a n n e d
    That's really funny . . . I'm headed to Vegas for T-giving as well for the "non-traditional experience!"
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    That's really funny . . . I'm headed to Vegas for T-giving as well for the "non-traditional experience!"
    Well heck, I guess it is normal to go to Vegas for Thanksgiving. What is normal anyway?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    Bootleg Canyon MTB park

Over in Boulder City, about 35 minutes away. Lots of options there too. XC to Downhill. There is even a small skills park in the main parking area.

As a bonus there are Zip Lines for the families. While not cheap, it is a pretty cool way to remember their trip out there.
    Bootleg area....wear your elbow and knee guards at least....rocks are very sharp and you get cut up very easy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    PMBC Pasadena Mountain Bike Club will have our traditional Thanksgiving day morning ride up Brown Mtn. Info located here http://pmbc.org/calendar/
    Seven Sola fully rigid MTN SS
    #1⚙️All year
    Seven Evergreen gravel grinder
    #ride4lifefit4life
    Esker Hayduke hardtail

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I'll be in Vegas too!

I <3 Dirt
    I agree on Bootleg. Cowboy is cool and rustic, but Bootleg is a mtn bike park and trails were designed for mtn biking and not necessarily designed for multi-use. Plenty of variety in terms of XC to DH, but even the XC trails are a bit technical in some places. You won't regret hitting up Bootleg.

Members who have read this thread: 0