Skate Park in Los Angeles for bikes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2016

Skate Park in Los Angeles for bikes?

I've been wanting to take my son to a skate park to ride our bikes. He just turned 4 and has been pedaling for about 6 months now. I tried taking him to the closest skate park to us, Stoner in west LA, this past weekend but they were closed due to rain. While there the guy that was working at the park said bikes aren't allowed.

After doing some research on other parks in our area it looks like none of them allow bikes or if they do, they don't allow riders under the age of 6.

Anyone have any experience with this? My plan was to try and go early before the parks were crowded so we could roll around without getting in the way, but I don't know if we can even find a place to ride.

Thanks

Pro Crastinator
    Santa Clarita skate park is the only place i know with no age restrictions (under 12 accompanied by parents, but no required minimum age) where bikes are allowed all the time.

Santa Clarita Skate Park

Up In Smoke
    ^^Isn't that where an off duty sheriff investigator pulled a gun on a kid in October? Still waiting for an update on that story. Maybe y'all seen something in the local news about it.
    Kind of like playing an electric drum kit

Pro Crastinator
    that was San Clemente skate park down in Orange County..

mtbr member
    I've seen bikes at Pedlow Encino but I'm not sure if they are technically allowed. It would be a horrible idea at anything but WAY off hours there... that probably goes for most parks.

I'm guessing there are parks in greater LA that aren't managed very tight and are low traffic on early weekend mornings but you'll probably have to dig a little. Long Beach comes to mind. Maybe El Dorado.

Laguna Niguel and Etnies Lake Forest both have bike days. No idea about age limits. Pink park in Laguna Hills (at H.S.) is a sh!t show at all times but the earliest of mornings but they allow bikes/all ages.

There's a dirt park/pump track in Thousand Oaks called Sapwi that might fit the bill?

Please keep a tight watch on him and try to work with the other park users. Good luck.

Pro Crastinator
    i skate Pedlows on the regular. bikes are definitely not allowed, but yeah, kids go thru the fence before the park is officially open all the time..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    i skate Pedlows on the regular. bikes are definitely not allowed, but yeah, kids go thru the fence before the park is officially open all the time..
    Huh, it's been a few years since I've been a regular but perhaps we've met...

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Hey neighbor! I live down the street from Stoner park, and as you know, they don't allow bikes in the skate park.

Earlier this year, I discovered Skypark (Santa's Village) in Big Bear. Unfortunately, it's a 2 hour drive from Stoner Park, but it's really worth it. Both for you and your son. They have designated trails for just the young kids. Here is a link to their latest Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BuNt1n..._web_copy_link

You can spend time with your son and then if your wife can take over for an hour or two, you can hit the big boy trails for yourself. Too bad we don't have a place like this closer to home. But the drive is worth it.

Good luck and have fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    Laguna Niguel and Etnies Lake Forest both have bike days. No idea about age limits.
    Pretty sure etnies doesn’t allow bikes anymore. And when they did it was a pretty strict bmx only and no kids bikes unless they were legit bmx bikes. As a lake forest native it used to be such a good spot to ride and hang out at. Too bad the government types decided to ban bikes.

Laguna has always been a bit if a free for all.

If you are willing to make a trip out of it, down here in SD we have the clairmont ymca park which is great. And a few other public parks that you can usually ride without much issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk