Noble- Mtbr.com

Thread: Noble

aka Willy Vanilly

New question here. Noble

Hi,
    How's Noble this time of year? Thinking of heading up this Friday with a buddy from out of town. Wondering how the heat will be and what the trail conditions are like.

Also, I've climbed up Noble itself but the preferred way seems to be climbing up the road (~halfway) then jumping on to Indian Creek at some big oak tree. Any other fun, not super strenuous routes (I haven't been riding as much as I should be...). Could anyone detail the road -> Indian Creek route?

Thanks in advance.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
    E. F. Schumacher

sXe

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by will8250
    Hi,
    How's Noble this time of year? Thinking of heading up this Friday with a buddy from out of town. Wondering how the heat will be and what the trail conditions are like.
    Sandy like a beach (or b!tch)

and bring a fly swatter, or a can of Raid or 4

mtbr member
    May 2004

rode it 2 weeks ago

Conditions were good, but I had never ridden it before- we did the BLT->Noble canyon- holy cow. I cannot wait to get back up there and ride it again. We took the weakling way out and shuttled, and the ride down was fast and furious. There were approx. 5 stream crossings, some deeper than others. it wasnt tooo too sandy/dusty, but that all depends on tires/proximity of riding.
    Please go ride it.
    Now.
    Skip out on work and reward yourself.

mtbr member
    May 2004

rode it 2 weeks ago

Conditions were good, but I had never ridden it before- we did the BLT->Noble canyon- holy cow. I cannot wait to get back up there and ride it again. We took the weakling way out and shuttled, and the ride down was fast and furious. There were approx. 5 stream crossings, some deeper than others. it wasnt tooo too sandy/dusty, but that all depends on tires/proximity of riding.
    Please go ride it.
    Now.
    Skip out on work and reward yourself.

link to BLT pic from aquaholic- from yesterday...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=110649

mtbr member
    Watch out for the damn flies! They'll make you want to pull your hair out. Look what happened to Aquaholic.

Climbing up Noble backwards (Elbon) and then cutting over to Pine Creek road and then over to Indian Creek is a good all day epic.

Quote Originally Posted by will8250
    Hi,

Also, I've climbed up Noble itself but the preferred way seems to be climbing up the road (~halfway) then jumping on to Indian Creek at some big oak tree. Any other fun, not super strenuous routes (I haven't been riding as much as I should be...). Could anyone detail the road -> Indian Creek route?

Thanks in advance.
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish