MTB Scramble to benefit Lupus foundation of So Cal Sat May 14th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

MTB Scramble to benefit Lupus foundation of So Cal Sat May 14th

Do you have a mountain bike? Here a GREAT reason to ride it and benefit a GREAT cause, the Lupus Foundation of Southern California.

Entry Fee proceeds will go directly to the Lupus Foundation of Southern California.

This event is designed
    to be fun for all and is great for all ability levels from those just starting out to seasoned Professionals. Please come out and join us for the festivities and help us raise money to help fight this disease!

This ride has been brought about because several close friends of Racers and Chasers have been affected by this horrible disease. Please join us in the fight against Lupus!

The ride:

* Located at Black Moutain Sundevil way staging area
    * The ride will be open to all ability levels and you will be able to determine how much you would like to ride by how many "Checkpoints" you go to.
    * Riders have 3 hours to get to as many "Checkpoints" as possible.
    * "Checkpoints" will be spread throughout the park and will have a point value based upon the difficulty of getting there. The harder it is to get there the more points you will receive.
    * Riders must go to a checkpoint get a stamp, then back to the venue to get another stamp. You must come back to the venue EVERY time.
    * After the time is up you will be able to "Cash in" your points for the goodies that are available.
    * Riders do not need to stop at every check point, just the ones that have the points they are looking for. REMEMBER you must return to the venue after EVERY "Checkpoint" you receive a stamp at.
    * RIDERS MUST STAY ON DESIGNATED TRAILS OR WILL FORFEIT ALL PRIZES AND BE DISQUALIFIED!!!!
    * Rider is responsible for their "Tally card"

The reason:

* A fun ride to benefit the Lupus Foundation of Southern California
    * Healthy and fun way to spend a Saturday
    * GREAT reason to ride a bike
    * WHY NOT???

Directions:
    From the 15 FWY take 56 EAST, Exit Carmel Mountain Rd and turn Right, At Sundevil way turn Right. Staging area is at the top of Sundevil way

Click here for a map

Map of Black Mountain:
    http://www.racersandchasers.com/Lupu...t_5_14_11.html

Checkpoints and values:

1. "Nighthawk" trail single track switchbacks (500 points)
    2. Hilltop Community Park (1,500 points)
    3. Saddle leading to "Little Black Loop" Trail (2,000 points)
    4. Top of "Little Black Loop" trail (3,500 points)
    5. End of "East Rim" trail (5,000 points)
    6. Bottom of Black Mountain Service Road (2,500 points)
    7. "Miners Ridge" parking area (7,000 points)
    8. Top of "Miners Ridge Loop" trail (8,000 points)
    9. Black Mountain Summit (10,000 points)
    10. Venue Must return after each checkpoint stamp received (100 points)

Schedule:
    Saturday May 14th

6-7:30am - Rider check in and schwag bags handed out
    7:30 - Expo opens
    8 am - Ride begins
    11am - Ride officially concludes
    Noon - Prizes available for being cashed in
    RacersandChasers.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The MTB scramble to benefit the Lupus Foundation of Southern California is this Saturday May 14th.

This is a fun ride that all levels of riders can accomplish and win prizes. So grab the friends and the family and help us raise money for a great cause.

What is better than raising money for a charity and being able to leave with prizes at the same time?

If we are not able to get enough riders pre registered we will be forced to postpone the event. Please register online in order to help us raise money for this much needed cause that has affected so many family's!
    RacersandChasers.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    So here is the nitty gritty as many has asked in the past couple of days.

Some are asking why so much for this charity ride? Robert MUST be making out well on this charity event.

Well here is my reply publicly: This is a CHARITY ride. I am donating my time to see that the Lupus Foundation of Southern California gains awareness and money to help their research to find a cure. This is personal to me as a good friend of mine has been effected by this disease, and he has asked me to help with raising awareness.

The fee is STRICTLY based upon covering my costs to host this event, Site Fees, Ins, toilets, the list goes on and on. I am making a $25 donation PER ENTRY FEE Received regardless if I have 30 or 300!

That being said I need to have AT LEAST 30 rider pre registered by tomorrow at 8pm so that I can notify the park rangers, toilets, ins and so on wither the event will happen.

Right now we have people who are saying they will come and participate but I only have 10 people actually registered.

This is NOT benefiting me or Racers and Chasers but rather the Lupus Foundation of Southern California and the parks. Both the Park and the Lupus Foundation are earning ALL PROFITS from this event.

I would like to see all who would like to participate be able to do so. So if you are on the fence or planning on coming but waiting to register on site, please don't wait.

I hope this helps to clear any possible questions, if not please feel free to ask, I will do my best to respond ASAP!
    RacersandChasers.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    With much regret we are postponing the Lupus Ride that was scheduled for May 14th.
    Look for us to add the Lupus benefit ride to an existing event. I will release more details as I receive them.
    Stay tuned for EXCITING news about Sycamore Canyon! I know that it will be news that you will all appreciate!
    Have a great weekend of riding!
    RacersandChasers.com

Members who have read this thread: 0