Mounatin Bike Rentals in Los Angeles area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Mounatin Bike Rentals in Los Angeles area

Looking for recommended shops that rent mountain bikes in SoCal. I'm regularly in the Woodland Hills area on a project and looking to rent a bike on the weekends to explore local trails. I've been Googling but not finding much. I rented previously in Laguna Beach and I'm now looking to explore other areas.

I have a rental car and am willing to drive 1-2 hours to ride great places if I can get a decent rental bike, something in the 130-160mm travel range.

I was hoping to get down to the Temecula area to ride San Juan, etc.

mtbr member
    Worldwide cycles in Newburry Park has high end bikes for rent, theyíre not cheap. Also the Path has two shops in the OC with lots of nice bikes. There lots of good stuff around worldwide in Thousand Oaks and Simi Valley. Also check out scoa shuttles for mt Wilson in LA, itís very very good. Sounds like you already have an idea where to ride in OC. You can check out the new YT shop in San Clemente, that has free loaners.

Iíd also recommend snow summit and sky park. You can get rentals there.

chasing simplicity
    I donít think Google will help you. Pretty sure youíll have to call.

These are the shops in addition to Worldwide Cyclery near(ish) Woodland Hills to call and have been known to rent demos:

Wheel World in Woodland Hills
    Serious Cycling in Agoura Hills
    Trek Cyclery in Westlake Village
    Newbury Park Bike Shop
    JRA Bikes n Brew in Thousand Oaks
    Michaels Bicycles in Newbury Park

In the OC give Pro Bike Supply in Newport Beach a call.
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Woodland Hills is about an hour away from Santa Monica (depending on time of day and traffic). You can rent a quality mtb from Helen's Cycles (Santa Cruz & Trek) or Cynergy cycles (Specialized store).

They're both about 5 miles away from some great trails on the Santa Monica mountains. So you can ride directly to the trails from the rental locations. Some of the popular trails are the Will Rogers backbone trail, Sullivan Canyon, and Kenter.

Lots of great side trails on all of them, depending on how you like to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    Worldwide cycles in Newburry Park has high end bikes for rent, theyíre not cheap. Also the Path has two shops in the OC with lots of nice bikes. There lots of good stuff around worldwide in Thousand Oaks and Simi Valley. Also check out scoa shuttles for mt Wilson in LA, itís very very good. Sounds like you already have an idea where to ride in OC. You can check out the new YT shop in San Clemente, that has free loaners.

Iíd also recommend snow summit and sky park. You can get rentals there.
    FWIW, the YT demo bikes are only allowed out for an hour or 2. There's some fun trails right outside their doorstep, but you wouldn't be able to do a full day ride.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'm not sure about other shops, but the last time I demoed a bike from JRA (an Ibis) I was able to hold on to it for 24 hours.
    buzzes like a fridge