how many miles did you put on the dirt in 2011?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

how many miles did you put on the dirt in 2011?

Although I am newer to the sport 2011 was one of the best years I've had and I got to spend a lot of time in the saddle. With all the new tracking software out there for phones its neat to see how far you've ridden in the past year. In 2011 I rode 2,250 miles with 120,000 ft of elevation in 181 total rides. My best month was December, 402 miles with 30,000 ft of elevation. It's my first year riding but I wanna 1 up myself this year. I'd consider myself very lucky to be able to ride every other day. All of my rides were tracked using endomondo for android VIA gps. Cool app, if you don't use it try it out.

Life Is Short
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    Although I am newer to the sport 2011 was one of the best years I've had and I got to spend a lot of time in the saddle. With all the new tracking software out there for phones its neat to see how far you've ridden in the past year. In 2011 I rode 2,250 miles with 120,000 ft of elevation in 181 total rides. My best month was December, 402 miles with 30,000 ft of elevation. It's my first year riding but I wanna 1 up myself this year. I'd consider myself very lucky to be able to ride every other day. All of my rides were tracked using endomondo for android VIA gps. Cool app, if you don't use it try it out.
    Nice mileage.Although I don't use any apps for anything I'm sure its a good one. As for 2011, it was the worst year I ever had on the saddle or lack of. Most of it came because earlier in the year my father died and a favorite pet did soon after, My family started failing apart and other personal things. In fact I am so glad 2011 is gone. I hated that year. Happy New Year.
    Hope you get more rides in this year, I'm sure I will as well. Better be, today's my friggin birthday.
    Cheap people buy things twice

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    2011 was my worst since I started tracking stats... only ~650mi, but ~75k ft of climbing

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    I don't GPS every ride, mainly because I forget to bring the GPS unit. For the 82 rides I did GPS last year though, 1,268.99 miles and 144,976 feet of el gain.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Nice mileage.Although I don't use any apps for anything I'm sure its a good one. As for 2011, it was the worst year I ever had on the saddle or lack of. Most of it came because earlier in the year my father died and a favorite pet did soon after, My family started failing apart and other personal things. In fact I am so glad 2011 is gone. I hated that year. Happy New Year.
    Hope you get more rides in this year, I'm sure I will as well. Better be, today's my friggin birthday.
    Sorry about your losses. 2012 will be better for you. I too had a birthday just a few days ago. Capricorns RULE!!!

In November 2011, I lost the physical ability to ride (at least for a while). 2012 has to be better for me, too!

I am going to guess-timate my milage for 2011 at...600-700, maybe more???

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I used to track my annual stats but I haven't done it for a few years - but you inspired me to put together 2011 data! I rode 111 times for 1,278 miles and 175,687 feet of climbing (=33 miles!), with 176 hours of riding. This is a bit under average for the past years (except for the climbing) - I was sick for a while and between that and weather/travel couldn't ride for almost two months - but I'm still very fortunate to have been able to get as much as I did!

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I put on 10 miles for every 10 miles I didn't put on. So after calculating every thing out I only put on half of the final total. So if I double that in 2012 I will right on track with what should have done in 2011.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 01-11-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agoura_biker View Post
    I used to track my annual stats but I haven't done it for a few years - but you inspired me to put together 2011 data! I rode 111 times for 1,278 miles and 175,687 feet of climbing (=33 miles!), with 176 hours of riding. This is a bit under average for the past years (except for the climbing) - I was sick for a while and between that and weather/travel couldn't ride for almost two months - but I'm still very fortunate to have been able to get as much as I did!
    That is some impressive elevation. Now that I'm no longer a beginner I attack the hills with a smile on instead of grunting. I wanna hit 3000 miles and 300,000 ft of elevation this year. Tracking with the program has really helped me train and motivate me to improve.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I managed 1495 miles this year. I wanted to do
    2000, but I've been hiking a lot, so that has cut
    into my riding time.

Best, John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    I managed 1495 miles this year. I wanted to do
    2000, but I've been hiking a lot, so that has cut
    into my riding time.

Best, John
    I rode the fortunas despite your "thought my old ass was going to die" comment(quite funny). I found the S curves trail and I link it to the Suycott wash picnic trail also. Great trails, I appreciate your recommendation. This is now my regular instead of spring/oak canyon, it's more bike friendly, its great for circuts and its a blast! Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

2011 Long

So 2011 for me was the best year yet. Spent over 670 miles on the trail. Rode about twice a week. Did some trips that were great, Fat Tire Festival (68 miles), Catalina Island (36 miles), McGill (26 miles). Best part was riding with the "Brew Crew" from Life Cycle Bike Shop in Camarillo every Thursday at Sycamore Canyon!