Flying buzzards

Printable View

• 08-29-2011
    Dirthugger
    Flying buzzards
    While riding this weekend I felt like a piece of dung due to all these bastards infesting my face like its a buffet. I had a good dose of protein after the ride.:p
    I read online that they particularly like rotten food\waste. Guess I need to take a shower before a ride.

I was thinking of purchasing one of these but can you breathe through em?

What do you guys normally use to repel these flying buzzard?. I guess I can also strap a mosquito glue tape on my helmet.
  • 08-29-2011
    carspidey
    I was thinking of riding with a bandana wrapped around my face (nose down)... but not for mosquitos but for dust... it seems everytime i ride i breathe hard trhough my mouth and then i get a sore throat...
  • 08-29-2011
    Hawgzilla
    I tend to ride with my mouth as wide open as I can. It's fun to spit out everything I catch in it after a good ride and look at it under the microscope...
  • 08-29-2011
    wi1trackrider
    Buzzard is slang for vulture and some hawk species. Think you mean gnats? Sounds a bit weird that huge ass birds would be flying into your face.
  • 08-29-2011
    Dirthugger
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wi1trackrider View Post
    Buzzard is slang for vulture and some hawk species. Think you mean gnats? Sounds a bit weird that huge ass birds would be flying into your face.

:
    :D Your funny... I know the term "Buzzard" I watch enough National Geographic. I just used that as an analogy because they kept hovering over me like I'm a dying animal. Granted it feels like it sometimes when I'm climbing and heart rate is up.
  • 09-02-2011
    She&I
    A headnet is your pal.
  • 09-02-2011
    Hawgzilla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by She&I View Post
    A headnet is your pal.

A headnet??? You gotta picture of that? I'd like to see a rider wearing a headnet.
  • 09-03-2011
    She&I
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    A headnet??? You gotta picture of that? I'd like to see a rider wearing a headnet.

Keep your camera on you...might catch me happily mouth breathing up Saddleback in summertime.
  • 09-03-2011
    fatcat
    1 Attachment(s)
    I actually seen a few people with these riding up trails. And its easily foldable and put away in their pack when they descend. Looks silly but I imagine it works