mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Exploring between Murrieta and Menifee

Iím spending this weekend (veterans day) in Menifee, and planning to spend some time exploring the local trails. Iíve been there on foot before, so I know where to park, and I know where some of the trails are. I only saw a small part of the area, but even just that little part seemed to have more trails than I could probably ride in a day.

Can anyone offer some pointers for making sure I find all of the best stuff there? Iím not sure if local etiquette includes mentioning these trails by name here, in which case feel free to message me. Or even better, anyone want to take a ride this weekend? I always bring great treats of various kinds for the trail, and I would be glad to buy the beer afterwards!

mtbr member
    PM sent...unfortunately I have to accompany my wife and several friends to Cabo this weekend so won't be around to ride.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

IPA tester
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalifly View Post
    Iím spending this weekend (veterans day) in Menifee, and planning to spend some time exploring the local trails. Iíve been there on foot before, so I know where to park, and I know where some of the trails are. I only saw a small part of the area, but even just that little part seemed to have more trails than I could probably ride in a day.

Can anyone offer some pointers for making sure I find all of the best stuff there? Iím not sure if local etiquette includes mentioning these trails by name here, in which case feel free to message me. Or even better, anyone want to take a ride this weekend? I always bring great treats of various kinds for the trail, and I would be glad to buy the beer afterwards!
    Well worded second paragraph and K2 & others can PM you with more details. Thank you sir!
    "We'll ride it until they pave it."

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Thanks to you both. Indeed, K2 gave me some great info in the PM. Iím excited to check it out this weekend!

Robertson
    K2, would you be willing to forward me the same info? Interested in checking out this area as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    If I don't go to Skypark on Sunday then I might ride this "secret" area known as Greer Ranch. I'll try to come back to this thread to check for updates.

Rides all the bikes!
    I always get a chuckle out of this "secret" spot, where a couple dozen trucks park in front of a neighborhood to ride to a trail network that has very nice posted signs. And where other people go to ride dirt bikes or go shooting.

IPA tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    I always get a chuckle out of this "secret" spot, where a couple dozen trucks park in front of a neighborhood to ride to a trail network that has very nice posted signs. And where other people go to ride dirt bikes or go shooting.
    Will you still be chuckling when you drive up and see barbed wires and get a ticket?

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com

Rides all the bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider127 View Post
    Will you still be chuckling when you drive up and see barbed wires and get a ticket?
    A. I rarely go there.
    B. I never go there with a dirt bike.
    C. I never go there to go shooting.
    D. I have not mentioned this place, EVERYONE else has.
    E. I am not under the illusion that this place is a secret.

IPA tester
    I'm not either but people need to learn to think a quick second before posting info, videos, strava links, etc on places that they know they should not be in. Just because someone does it doesn't make it right.
    Living in Cali all my life has thought me one thing. We will always lose more than we gain.

-Urban Yeti
    Dirttreaders.com