Cucamonga Challenge - Sat, May 7th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cucamonga Challenge - Sat, May 7th

This Saturday, May 7th join us for the Cucamonga Challenge 28 mile fundraiser bicycle ride in Rancho Cucamonga. This event takes you on a challenging ride on and off the Pacific Electric Trail and through the streets of Rancho Cucamonga.

Your entry is a tax-deductible donation to the Friends of the Pacific Electric Trail, a 501c(3) non-profit organization. All proceeds from this event go directly to support the enhancement of the trail, a Rail-Trail conversion which when complete will extend 21 miles and connect 6 cities in the Inland Empire via separated bikeway.

Registration includes:
    - goodie bag
    - event tee shirt
    - post-ride lunch
    - raffle ticket entry to win great prizes, including several complete bikes

Not up to 28 miles? We're also hosting a family-friendly 5 mile fun ride, as well as a 5k and 10k run/walk.

More information:
    http://www.cucamongachallenge.com

Sign-up:
    http://www.active.com/running/rancho...e-and-run-2011

GOT DIRT!!

Pet

I did this ride this last weekend. I rode the 30 mile ride and enjoyed it. The route was very well marked and I never felt like I was lost. KUDOS!! But like anything else there are also bad points. For some people doing 30 miles on their bike is a big deal. I did not have a problem because I am an avid cyclist and I also race. I was disappointed when finishing the ride. Where was the cheering section? some people like a little praise when they finish something like this. That is what makes them come back and do it again. I sure hope this is taken into consideration for next year. I would like to volunteer for next years ride to help out. Maybe do a sweep on my bike. Keep up doing what you do and can't wait for it to be finished.
    GOT DIRT!!

Members who have read this thread: 0