Crazy Trail Runner- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Crazy Trail Runner

Watch out for major D-Bag in Chesebro who purposely runs directly at Cyclist yelling "yield " regardless of room on trail or blind turns. Tried to run into me, I moved over, then he purposely runs into my friend (a petite female) who is learning to ride, knocking her off her bike- FULL SHOULDER TO SHOULDER CONTACT! He acted like it was an accident and I read him the riot act- He just kept repeating "cyclist yield to hikers" I asked him if he would "check" a full bodied armored downhiller (f-no he wouldn't) Spoke to some other guys in the parking lot and they said he did the same.....Crazy and wrong, wrong, wrong, no matter what the rules- running into somebody on purpose is assault and can have serious physical consequences for all those involved.
    Last edited by J Bold; 06-24-2011 at 07:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Bold View Post
    Watch out for major D-Bag in Chesebro who purposely runs directly at Cyclist yelling "yield " regardless of room on trail or blind turns. Tried to run into me, I moved over, then he purposely runs into my friend (a petite female) who is learning to ride, knocking her off her bike- FULL SHOULDER TO SHOULDER CONTACT! He acted like it was an accident and I read him the riot act- He just kept repeating "cyclist yield to hikers" I asked him if he would "check" a full bodied armored downhiller (f-no he wouldn't) Spoke to some other guys in the parking lot and they said he did the same.....Crazy and wrong, wrong, wrong, no matter what the rules- running into somebody on purpose is assault and can have serious physical consequences for all those involved.
    Wow, that guy sounds like he could escalate even more. I hope you called in a description to the rangers. If runner keeps doing what he's doing I'm sure he'll get busted.
    Bionically Modified

GONE
    Nov 2008
    If he moves at me when I approach, I'm gonna climb 2 gears, speed up and steer into him with my head down in ramming position.

On what section did this happen upon???

What an as_hole that guy is!!!

CEB
    Who's riding today?
    Glad he's not running here in S.D......... it would get ugly fast....... then done.

mtbr member
    My friend and I just entered the desert section on Sulfur Springs (just out of the woodsy single track) heading into the park- trail was overgrown and narrow- he running down the trail with full visual of us- she getting on the bike looking down finding her pedal with her foot. He ran straight into her. Someday someone is going to knock his block off- He is a skinny older guy in his late 50's looking for conflict- totally lame and uncool!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    My friend and I just entered the desert section on Sulfur Springs (just out of the woodsy single track) heading into the park- trail was overgrown and narrow- he running down the trail with full visual of us- she getting on the bike looking down finding her pedal with her foot. He ran straight into her. Someday someone is going to knock his block off- He is a skinny older guy in his late 50's looking for conflict- totally lame and uncool!
    Yikes! That is assault. Report it. Start riding with video cameras. Bring big zip ties.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Right Shig- Citizens Arrest- I have big black Zip Ties- perfect for the job and a tether to pull him behind the bike!!! Going to report him today! Oh and thanks for the drop bar idea- put them on my Dawes Deadeye and never looked back- WTB dirt drops rock!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

F t g

Chesebro is my backyard, and i wont tolerate that that ********. When does run? There are a few rookie idiot bikers at chesebro.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Late 50s ******bags on the trail is a familiar stereotype. I'm fine with yeilding to joggers or horses, but any unreasonable attitude or deliberate physical contact won't be tolerated. If he had knocked down my wife or daughter, he would have been arrested or knocked out.

J:
    - she getting on the bike looking down finding her pedal with her foot. He ran straight into her. Someday someone is going to knock his block off- He is a skinny older guy in his late 50's looking for conflict- totally lame and uncool!
    Unacceptable..could you give a little more description of this person, weight, how tall?
    video=youtube;][/video]...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    He has been run over by a bike in the past, turned trail nazi. He might be too far gone in the head because of it. Probably best to just kick his azz and take the evidence when you leave (taperecorder in his pocket, knife, he has prepared himself for a lawsuit).

mtbr member

The Guy looks like

Fit runner dude- wears a set of earbuds- was wearing blue shirt, glasses, pinched mouth thinning hair but not bald- mild mannered- i was yelling and he was trying to make his point over and over like a robot- tried to show me his scare from being hit by a bike- (I told him that does him the right to pay-it-forward (The Bizarro World version).

Does he carry a knife? CRAZY

pewpewpew Moderator
    Hey guys, this guy is an A**HOLE but no trail assaults, please. Take his photo, show to the police/rangers/people on MTBR. Assaulting people who attempt to assault you is a recipe for fail.
    Love, Impy

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    J Bold if you see him again tell him there are some sweet trails in San Diego (Sweetwater). I'll make sure the coyotes eat well that night.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepseahawk View Post
    He has been run over by a bike in the past, turned trail nazi. He might be too far gone in the head because of it. Probably best to just kick his azz and take the evidence when you leave (taperecorder in his pocket, knife, he has prepared himself for a lawsuit).
    Are you speaking from personal knowledge?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    No, reading on the wall. I don't really condone beating the guy up. See, now it comes out he was hit by a bike in the past. I do condone protecting yourself though.

mtbr member
    No physical response from me just kept telling him that knocking a person off the bike even when the person is standing still can break a wrist or kneecap- in fact that is when I have seen most bike injuries- person teetering, slow-mo crash...I was deliberate and vocal but not threatening- he knew what he was doing and that is what really got me riled.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I wish we could just all be friends and get along!

I have no problems with horses.
    I have no problems with joggers/hikers.
    But they all have problems with me for some reason.

mtbr member
    take pics of the guy and report him every time he does something like this, if he keeps it up it will certainly bite him in the ass. i would definitely not resort to anything physical unless it was self defense and truly needed, going to court for assault, even as a victim, really sucks and could be expensive.
    nothing witty here...

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Follow him, get his license plate, file a formal complaint. That way if he does try to sue a biker they will know he is just a looney. Any decent judge will throw his ass out of court. Judges are seriously getting tired of BS lawsuits. God, I wish someone would try that crap with me. I have alot of stress to burn off.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Life Is Short
    I think its the same guy I saw at Bonners yesterday as I was returning a wheelbarrow. He was a old white dude, white thinning hair in fit condition? He was complaining out loud that the min. amount of propane was 5 gals to fill even though he had a 3 gal. tank for his BBQ? And threw a 20 at the counter guy and said F-this why am I getting charged for 5 when I only have a 3 gal. tank?

I then also saw him at Vons last week when he complained out loud that they should open up another check stand.

Same guy, different face----E V E R Y W H E R E

PS--there are some bikers as well turning into this guy
    "why does this site have sillyass threads about this and that?"

my answer: go to the wallstreetjournal.com and knock yourself out,
    this is a recreational website---all bike sites are! Intended for fun, o l d m a n!

b a n n e d
    I ride da cheese once in a while and I know myself well enough to know that if I were intentionally hit by a runner, I would have a very difficult time remaining calm. An accident is one thing, but if it were clearly an intentional collision, at that point I would consider it an assault and consider any retaliation self-defense.

That said, the idea of following the man is much better. I ride with my cell phone and can assure you, I would be on the phone with the police while trailing said runner.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Stay cool, guys, and don't let some d-bag's behavior reduce yours. Sure, he deserves a talking to by hand, but it's bad PR for us. Since he's out of line, let's just bust him for it. TIA for discretion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    I think its the same guy I saw at Bonners yesterday as I was returning a wheelbarrow. He was a old white dude, white thinning hair in fit condition? He was complaining out loud that the min. amount of propane was 5 gals to fill even though he had a 3 gal. tank for his BBQ? And threw a 20 at the counter guy and said F-this why am I getting charged for 5 when I only have a 3 gal. tank?

I then also saw him at Vons last week when he complained out loud that they should open up another check stand.

Same guy, different face----E V E R Y W H E R E

PS--there are some bikers as well turning into this guy
    "why does this site have sillyass threads about this and that?"

my answer: go to the wallstreetjournal.com and knock yourself out,
    this is a recreational website---all bike sites are! Intended for fun, o l d m a n!
    what in the hell are you talking about, bikes is serious business.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    maybe you should dig a few holes off trail, just in case...

Dishwasher Safe
    I have to agree with those recommending restraint. My natural response would be to just belt him, but I almost got arrested because some dill-hole that hit my car didn't want to give me his ID and I ended up wrestling him to the ground because I thought he was going to split. The guy wanted to press assault charges on me for trying to prevent a Felony hit & run! The cops told me if it ever happens again, just take his picture, get his license plate number and let him go...

The best thing to do if he intentionally runs into anyone is to document the incident and tell the Rangers. If you can, take his pic. If not, get a good description of the guy (height, weight, age, clothing, identifying features etc) and tell the rangers what happened and where. Even he is just verbally abusive, document it.

As long as there are documented cases of this guy starting trouble, anyone that does end up clocking him will have that documentation to back up a case of assault/self defense. Without it, it's just your word against his...

Gotta pay to play
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
    The best thing to do if he intentionally runs into anyone is to document the incident and tell the Rangers. If you can, take his pic. If not, get a good description of the guy (height, weight, age, clothing, identifying features etc) and tell the rangers what happened and where. Even he is just verbally abusive, document it.
    If some dude knocked my girl off her bike on purpose it would be hard to keep from breaking him but the best answer is to just call the police and file an assault charge. Then the ******* will go to jail for a few days, have probation for 2-4 months, and have to pay a few thousand dollar fine. Much more satisfying then kicking his ass and having to go to court to defend yourself.